16-0 Against the West

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#21 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:32 pm

well, as a celtic fan, i can understand your excitement. finally those old larry bird posters can come down, and KG posters can go up.

but in the big picture, it means nothing.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#22 » by Magz50 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:41 pm

Boston are a legit contender this year. No point in being a bitter hater, just admit the facts. if they can get past detroit they'll have a good chance of being champs. Especially if the west teams are still banged up.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Post#23 » by bstein14 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:45 pm

If the first two games this season were any indication, a Detroit - Boston playoff series could be epic.

Those were the two most "intense" games of the year IMO.
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#24 » by reggielewis » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:51 pm

Phoenix Rockets wrote:celtics can't win rockets with tmac.

this remains to be seen, BUT let me add the C's have beaten the rocketys with tmac before they ahd kg. sooo. I love Tmac dont get me wrong, but I fear San antonio and a motivated Kobe on the Lakers much more
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#25 » by HarlemHeat37 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:54 pm

the Celtics are legit, I don't know how anybody can deny it anymore..they are the best team in the NBA..their defensive system is great..their role players have stepped up, they have 3 stars, they have finishers..they aren't lacking anything..

I'd rather see them win a title than anyone else other than my own team..I would love to see KG get his ring..better to see a loyal guy finally get his championship, unlike some others that complain about teammates..
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,216

Post#26 » by Heat3 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:03 pm

Who cares! What was Miami's record vs top teams the year they won the Championship? Something like 2-12?? These records don't really matter all that much.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#27 » by AgEnT50 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:04 pm

bstein14 wrote:If the first two games this season were any indication, a Detroit - Boston playoff series could be epic.

Those were the two most "intense" games of the year IMO.

x2
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#28 » by hermes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:07 pm

celtics are a great team
i don't think they will have a better record against the west than the bulls did
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#29 » by HarlemHeat37 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:07 pm

btw, the Celtics are easily favored over the Spurs and Lakers..SA and LA are going to have 3 tough series, while Boston is going to have a sweep vs. Atlanta or whoever the 8th seed is..this is what happened with Cleveland last year, where they also had a 1st round bye..it'll make a big difference..

New Jersey could be a factor in pushing Detroit if they start playing well, which is always a possibility with the Nets..same with the Wizards if they get healthy..

so I figure Boston is easily the favored team to win the title this year..rest makes a significant difference..
LjJazzman
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#30 » by LjJazzman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:08 pm

dabadestalbo69 wrote:Let me know when they play a top western team on the road.

The Jazz, the best home team in the league dumbass.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#31 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Jerry West says . . . he believes that a team needs that 1 superstar on their team, to win a championship.

past history says that is true, moreso than not.

duncan.
shaq/kobe
magic/kareem/worthy
jordan/pippen
olajuwon
bird
etc...

some would say that detroit doesnt have one. but i would disagree. ive known and watched rasheed. yes, "rashWEED"

and this dude is a superstar. when we almost lost to them in the WCFinals a few years ago, HE WAS the dominant factor in the post. and now with the rise of detroit, it is based alot of their overall experience and players like hamilton and billups. BUT RASHEED is the main piece that makes the team go. if he finally starts to step his game up, as he has been lately, the team just might make it back to the finals.

where i predict, will be the downside of rasheed, he will go ballistic and just might blow it again down the stretch. like he did by singlehandedly giving the title to horry to win it a few years ago.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#32 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:19 pm

They're facing the Warriors @ Oakland on the 2nd game of a back to back, after playing the Nuggets as the first game.

Last time the Warriors faced them was @ Boston earlier in the season, Golden State did pretty good despite paying without Al Harrington and Matt Barnes. And it was when Monta Ellis sucked after getting a concussion during training camp. The Warriors have been on a roll since then, hopefully they pull off a regular season upset.
Mad Balla 15
RealGM
And1: 1,930

Post#33 » by Mad Balla 15 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:00 pm

I'm willing to take back my statements about how Boston might struggle against the top tier teams sooner or later. I thought they would struggle against top tier teams but once they beat Dallas and San Antonio WITHOUT KG, it showed they were for real.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#34 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:12 pm

Heat3 wrote:Who cares! What was Miami's record vs top teams the year they won the Championship? Something like 2-12?? These records don't really matter all that much.
I have to agree, I still remember the Dallas team from last year.
Forum permissions