CAVS pulling a BLOCKBUSTER trade (Update pg.6)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Jordan-esque
Bench Warmer
And1: 399

Post#141 » by Jordan-esque » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Jordan-esque wrote:Just thinking... but maybe someone more "under the radar" regarding trades down the stretch like... Ben Gordon?

It'd be funny if they got Ben Wallace

^ Yikes!

And I said that on the beginning of this thread just 10 hours ago.

I was actually joking, but right!

:clap:
C'mon Cavs
Starter
And1: 5

Post#142 » by C'mon Cavs » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:47 pm

I dont know how I feel about this trade. The only thing the Cavs gave up was Gooden's offesne.

It's a weird trade. I cant really say if I like it or not because I dont know how much fire and/or athletic ability Wallace has left, I dont know if Wally is going to be money from 3 (he'll get wide open looks), or what role Delonte West will play. It seems that the Cavs have actually added some frontcourt depth in deal, as they now have 4 servicable bigs as opposed to the 3 they used to.

I dont know...it could work.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#143 » by Jajwanda » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:49 pm

I suppose it helps sure. Ilgauskas' numbers will go crazy after this trade.

The trade probably has quite a bit to do with next year. I get the feeling Sczerbiak and Snow (now that they have two "PG"s) will be pieced together in a deal for a very good starter. I'm not sure who that starter may be it could be Vince Carter, Jermaine O'Neal, possibly Elton Brand although not likely, or another expensive star.

By the way Cleveland is a team that should really consider running the triangle offense, they have shooting PG, slick shooting SG, facilitating SF, banging screen and roll PF, and excellent post player necessary. If you trade the expiring of Sczerbiak for Vince (that's all NJ is going to get really) and then find a way to trade possibly for O'Neal you've given yourself an injury prone but talented team. I expect one of those deals to go through, more likely for Jermaine O'Neal. Something like Snow+Sczerbiak plus a first round pick.

PG- Check for now considering Lebron is basically Cleveland's point guard and you need a shooting guard at the position
SG- Not really a stable position but we'll see
SF- Lebron and Sasha
PF- Ben Wallace will be alright here and Joe Smith is solid
C- Ilguaskas is fine here with Varejao although another scoring big man would be real nice

Future roster

PG- Same here
SG- Sasha Pavlovic
SF- LeBron
PF- Jermaine O'Neal
C- Ilgauskas

Injury prone as hell but talented...
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#144 » by 10scott10 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:52 pm

I just reealized ben wallace is gonna be playing PF :o

now, that is a big team.

I think wally is really gonna help them
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,997

Post#145 » by UGA Hayes » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:54 pm

This is the bball equilvalent of a team going from mentally handicapped to a genius. How man bball IQ points did Cleveland gain in this trade.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#146 » by B Mac » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:59 pm

UGA Hayes wrote:This is the bball equilvalent of a team going from mentally handicapped to a genius. How man bball IQ points did Cleveland gain in this trade.

Exactly.

Drew Gooden was hated by almost all of the coaching staff and most of the players as well for his complete lack of bball IQ. The guy had absolutely zero idea of what he was doing on the court and CONSTANTLY and CONSISTANTLY blew assignments on defense. I really cant stress how big of a plus it is to have him off the team.

Larry is a bit harder to see go, but only because the last month or so he has played well. His shot selection is absolutely horrendos, and he's been about as poor of a fit in Cleveland as you could imagine.

Regardless of who we got back, it really is addition by subtraction.
panacea
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#147 » by panacea » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:00 pm

AnDrOiDKing4 wrote:Lol Blockbuster ?

I have never seen such a mass movement of trash before.

:rofl: :bowdown:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#148 » by MrSparkle » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Cleveland is really going to be an exceptionally slow team.

Snow
Szczerbiak
James
Wallace
Ilgauskas

NBA ratings are going to skyrocket. They should play that squad to attract the senior citizen crowd that never quite got into the hip hop, up-tempo NBA.

Lebron is going to dart out on the fast-break all excited, and he's going to look for the clever pass, and be like "Wtf?" as he turns around and Wally, Z and Big Ben are sprinting out of the other end's paint.
Alex_De_Large
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#149 » by Alex_De_Large » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:09 pm

as much as i dislike be nwallace since always, this is good for the cavaliers, his contract is garbage, but what about hughes? wallace needs a scorer like ilgauskas, he did not have it in the bulls, varejao perfect sixth man, also they got delonte west who can play starter with gibson coming from the bench.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#150 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:11 pm

LeBron is a one man fast break. He doesn't have to make a pass. But it's not as thougth Mr Glass or Gooden were going to out on the break with him either.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by B Mac » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:12 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Cleveland is really going to be an exceptionally slow team.

Snow
Szczerbiak
James
Wallace
Ilgauskas

NBA ratings are going to skyrocket. They should play that squad to attract the senior citizen crowd that never quite got into the hip hop, up-tempo NBA.

Lebron is going to dart out on the fast-break all excited, and he's going to look for the clever pass, and be like "Wtf?" as he turns around and Wally, Z and Big Ben are sprinting out of the other end's paint.

Eric Snow has played about 5 minutes all season, and tell me when the last time Larry Hughes or Drew Gooden finished or even got out on a fast break was? Pointless post there.
DariusRickyMilesDavis
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#152 » by DariusRickyMilesDavis » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:12 pm

1) Snow is not, has not been, and will not be a starter for the Cavaliers.
2) Wally probably is going to come off the bench.

The Cavs got faster in this trade. Do you really think Larry Hughes was running with Lebron? Hell half the time he wasn't even playing with him. If you think Hughes is an athletic player you are sorely mistaken. Cavs get a smooth PF in Thomas and a hustler in Wallace. Add to that the athletic ability of Varaejo and the speed of Daniel Gibson.

And MrSparkle the Bulls have been really fun to watch this year. I'm sure NBA ratings are going to go up with Hughes' bricks and Gooden's non-rotations. Glass houses, sir.
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man

Post#153 » by YiYaoYue » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:13 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Cleveland is really going to be an exceptionally slow team.

Snow
Szczerbiak
James
Wallace
Ilgauskas

Wallace will most likely come off the bench... joe smith can run as well as delonte west... so they have 3 guys who can run the break thats all you need... wally is just another spot up shooter like gibson so it gives lebron more options when both are on the floor or will allow him to go 1 on 1 more as double team will leave a shooter open.
wakkoman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#154 » by wakkoman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:15 pm

All of you Cavs homers need to take off the blinders

This trade is much much more likely to do nothing to the team, rather than improve it
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#155 » by B Mac » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:16 pm

Wow, 4 posts all discrediting the original claim in about a 3 minute span should go ahead and tell you how wrong that claim was. lol
Chief
Senior

Post#156 » by Chief » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:16 pm

Ferry is appeasing Lebron in the wrong possible way.
DariusRickyMilesDavis
Pro Prospect

Post#157 » by DariusRickyMilesDavis » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:18 pm

I don't see how you can draw that conclusion. The Cavs traded one player who regularly contributes in Gooden and he hurts the Cavs defensively. In return they are bringing back four guys to put in the rotation, each of which (except for perhaps Thomas) fills a need (outside shooting/toughness inside).
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#158 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:18 pm

Gibson is not really a spot up shooter. Kid have very good speed, he's just such a good shooter that it's easy for him to put up shots from outside the arc.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
DariusRickyMilesDavis
Pro Prospect

Post#159 » by DariusRickyMilesDavis » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Chief wrote:Ferry is appeasing Lebron in the wrong possible way.

Because Lebron had nothing to do with this trade, right? Lebron probably made the freakin call to the league office.
YiYaoYue
Sixth Man

Post#160 » by YiYaoYue » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:23 pm

I think it helps all teams in different ways... in terms of this season chicago and cavs both get better, but not a huge amount.... but seattle gets some expiring contracts which they wanted and a PF that was lacking off the bench giving more minutes to jeff green so it was a future improvement for them. I think cavs got better simply because these are players that better fit lebron and what they get from seattle is helping them as well as joe smith who will play really well with lebron alleyoops. Bulls get someone with size at PF so deng can go back to his naturally position at SF more and they get someone who can grab rebounds and shoot from paint while joe smith was more about banging his way into lane. Larry hughes will do more for them then wallace did so that is another plus for them.
Sasha Vujacic = The Phail Machine = The Ring Blocker

Trade Sasha before he ruins the Lakers next season.

Return to The General Board