Houston Rockets #1 Team in the West?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#121 » by TMU » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:11 am

KobeFarmarEra wrote:Rocket fans setting themselves up for a massive choke job - again.

Yeah, you're a scary team thats hot right now. Doesn't change the fact that you have two mentally weak superstars, one of which is made of glass.

Battier is decent defender, but my god, Kobe has lit him up more than any defender in the NBA. Good luck trying to guard Gasol with Scola.

It seems like you LA fans have a trouble reading and putting things into perspectives. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the Lakers, but you guys never fail to bring up Kobe Bryant in every thread.

Seriously, something needs to be done to your fanbase.
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#122 » by Ming Kong! » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:12 am

KobeFarmarEra wrote:Rocket fans setting themselves up for a massive choke job - again.

Yeah, you're a scary team thats hot right now. Doesn't change the fact that you have two mentally weak superstars, one of which is made of glass.

Battier is decent defender, but my god, Kobe has lit him up more than any defender in the NBA. Good luck trying to guard Gasol with Scola.

Hey in a few minutes you're going to be called a really nasty insult, cause you're post is COMPLETELY SCENARIO CENTERED! In other words, for this thread alone it's irrelevant.
Ming Kong!
RealGM

Post#123 » by Ming Kong! » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:13 am

T-Mac United wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It seems like you LA fans have a trouble reading and putting things into perspectives. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the Lakers, and you guys never fail to bring up Kobe Bryant in every thread. Something needs to be done to your fanbase.

So damn, you guys want to compare the Rockets to the league, but we can't mention any other teams in the league? Is the league just composed of the Rockets? Damn we're not bringing letters into a discussion of numbers. This is A LITTLE relevant.
jzmagik
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#124 » by jzmagik » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:14 am

Ming Kong! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well Tmac is a notoriously bad playoff performer, and damn if stats are entirely irrelevant, then damn, I'm going to Vegas, cause maybe the dice will just happen to roll my way.

It is entirely irrelevant to bring up teams like the 90s Rockets and Jazz, as not one player on either is actually on these current rosters.

It's entirely relevant, you guys couldn't win with Stockton and Malone, what makes you think you can win with Deron and Boozer? You should also get your facts straight, Tmac's playoff stats are higher in all categories than his regular season stats. Basketball is a team game. As a Rockets fan, I'd feel the most comfortable facing the Jazz in the first round than the Spurs, Lakers, or Suns. You can think that the Jazz will win easily, I don't care, but when you trash talk our franchise that has actually won championships when yours has none...
RobertGlory
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#125 » by RobertGlory » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:17 am

i don't think it's far-fetched to say the rockets are up there now

11 in a row, they killed us by 20 at the NOrena

a different team has dominated every month. november was the spurs, december was portland, january was the hornets, and the rockets owned february so far

i think the jazz will own march...

EDIT- it's pretty funny that new orleans has the worst public schools but the best posters on the GB
Ming Kong!
RealGM

Post#126 » by Ming Kong! » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:17 am

bballmaniac27 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

OK, the Jazz are superior to the rockets in every way imaginable. Deron williams >>> than Tmac

Boozer owns Yao and Okur is the Goat.

The Jazz are by far the most successful and dominating franchise in NBA history and the Rockets aren't fit to hold their jockstraps.

your dancers are also hotter than ours. Happy?

Well of course I am, you just went the extra mile to insult me again.

All I'm saying is that if a Rockets fan is going to say they think that the Rockets are the best team, that I can pull up what happened 8 months ago in the last series the Rockets were in. Hell I think that's about as on topic as I can be if we're talking about the Rockets and their playoff chances.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#127 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:17 am

I'd just like to add that I in no way was referring to you as (Please Use More Appropriate Word) Ming, I meant this thread in general(and it has gone downhill precisely as I expected!). I guess we have to have one of these every few weeks though. The OP has doomed us all.

:wink:

Carry on.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
bballmaniac27
Starter

Post#128 » by bballmaniac27 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:18 am

So damn, you guys want to compare the Rockets to the league, but we can't mention any other teams in the league? Is the league just composed of the Rockets? Damn we're not bringing letters into a discussion of numbers. This is A LITTLE relevant.

god stop posting already. We aren't comparing ourselves to the rest of the league. Every single fan in the thread has already pointed out the stupidity of the OP's statement.
KobeFarmarEra
Pro Prospect

Post#129 » by KobeFarmarEra » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:21 am

RobertGlory wrote:i don't think it's far-fetched to say the rockets are up there now

11 in a row, they killed us by 20 at the NOrena

a different team has dominated every month. november was the spurs, december was portland, january was the hornets, and the rockets owned february so far

i think the jazz will own march...

Lakers dominated late december/January. Topped the Western Conference without Gasol.

If the Lakers don't choke a weird back to back on the road to Atlanta, they would be on a 10 game win streak right now. Instead, they are on a 6 game win streak with a pretty easy schedule the next 10 games. Lakers could easily run off a 10-15 win streak over the next few weeks.

Oh yeah, this guy named Andrew Bynum is due back late March. :lol:
Ming Kong!
RealGM

Post#130 » by Ming Kong! » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:22 am

jzmagik wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's entirely relevant, you guys couldn't win with Stockton and Malone, what makes you think you can win with Deron and Boozer? You should also get your facts straight, Tmac's playoff stats are higher in all categories than his regular season stats. Basketball is a team game. As a Rockets fan, I'd feel the most comfortable facing the Jazz in the first round than the Spurs, Lakers, or Suns. You can think that the Jazz will win easily, I don't care, but when you
trash talk our franchise that has actually won championships when yours has none...

First off I didn't say we're going to win a title, you just placed those words in my mouth.

Second the fact that no team ever beat the Bulls between 1991 and 1998 while Jordan played a full season for the Bulls gives the Jazz some slack for not beating the Bulls then, and I sure as hell don't expect this current Jazz team to have been able to beat that Bulls team either.

Now seriously, what does Malone and Stockton and the 1997 and 1998 playoffs have to do with current season/upcoming playoffs?
Ming Kong!
RealGM

Post#131 » by Ming Kong! » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:24 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:I'd just like to add that I in no way was referring to you as (Please Use More Appropriate Word) Ming, I meant this thread in general(and it has gone downhill precisely as I expected!). I guess we have to have one of these every few weeks though. The OP has doomed us all.

:wink:

Carry on.

I know, bballmaniac called me (Please Use More Appropriate Word). I'm still wiping my tears away.
Black Sheep
Junior

Post#132 » by Black Sheep » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:24 am

o_0
dunleavyjr wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Tmac is just as good as Kobe.

Proud Laker fan since 1998
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#133 » by TMU » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:26 am

It wasn't my idea to compare the Rockets to the rest of the league. I personally believe that our team has a lot of flaws and we'll need to make constant progress in order to first: make the playoffs and second: win a playoffs series.

It appears to me that OP created this thread, simply because our franchise hasn't received enough recognition for their 11 game-winning streak. I don't understand why it's difficult for you non-fans or even "haters" to at the very least acknowledge that we have been playing fairly decently. I certainly am not here to brag about our winning streak, but this winning streak gave me hope that this team can perhaps make the playoffs.
Ming Kong!
RealGM

Post#134 » by Ming Kong! » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:26 am

bballmaniac27 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

god stop posting already. We aren't comparing ourselves to the rest of the league. Every single fan in the thread has already pointed out the stupidity of the OP's statement.

So what does the topic of this thread mean to you then? What question is it imposing?
bballmaniac27
Starter

Post#135 » by bballmaniac27 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:26 am

Well of course I am, you just went the extra mile to insult me again.

All I'm saying is that if a Rockets fan is going to say they think that the Rockets are the best team, that I can pull up what happened 8 months ago in the last series the Rockets were in. Hell I think that's about as on topic as I can be if we're talking about the Rockets and their playoff chances.

Oh my god....... it's just one impulsive fan for god's sake. You came in here to do one thing and that was to bash the Rockets. You know full well that 99.9% of us don't believe that we're the #1 team in the league.

I'm done with this, we all need to grow up.
bballmaniac27
Starter

Post#136 » by bballmaniac27 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:29 am

So what does the topic of this thread mean to you then? What question is it imposing?

It means that one (possibly drunk) fan got overexcited with the win In NO tonight. Nothing more nothing less.
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#137 » by jzmagik » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:31 am

First off I didn't say we're going to win a title, you just placed those words in my mouth.

Second the fact that no team ever beat the Bulls between 1991 and 1998 while Jordan played a full season for the Bulls gives the Jazz some slack for not beating the Bulls then, and I sure as hell don't expect this current Jazz team to have been able to beat that Bulls team either.

Now seriously, what does Malone and Stockton and the 1997 and 1998 playoffs have to do with current season/upcoming playoffs?

I never said you said you were going to win the title... now you're putting words in my mouth. You're not fooling anyone here, you're "that guy" that will take the oppurtunity to go into any dumb Rockets related thread and bash the Rockets. If you go and look on the first couple of pages, other Rockets fans have already made the statement that the OP's claim was stupid and unwarranted, yet of course here comes the token Jazz fan that can't seem to get over the Rockets... probably because we were able to capitalize and win 2 championships and you guys couldn't but that's for another time.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#138 » by miller31time » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:33 am

Alright, enough. I didn't want to lock this thread simply because the OP didn't break any rules in the TOS, but apparently, this thread isn't producing any worthwhile discussion. Lock.

Return to The General Board