T-Mac has become a leader

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

ilikecb4
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#41 » by ilikecb4 » Sun Mar 9, 2008 5:34 am

Even if he did, took him too darn long

he'll be labeled as "first playoff exit" forever until he wins a playoff series
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#42 » by bleu » Sun Mar 9, 2008 5:35 am

I kinda doubt that the Rockets make it past the first round this year.
Rasheeed!!!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#43 » by Rasheeed!!! » Sun Mar 9, 2008 6:10 am

ehh.....if history has told us anything, it's that McBrokeback will either a) go down with an "injury" or b) revert to shooting J's on the perimeter
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#44 » by BrooklynBulls » Sun Mar 9, 2008 6:18 am

Every damn time T-mac is healthy, threads like these pop up. There's nothing wrong with T-mac except the condition of his body.

He's a victim of circumstance with his playoff record. In all honesty, I just don't see how nearly upsetting Detroit, playing Dallas tough, and facing an awful matchup for Yao in Boozer, is his fault. I don't know, thats just me.
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#45 » by nyk_buc » Sun Mar 9, 2008 6:33 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:Every damn time T-mac is healthy, threads like these pop up. There's nothing wrong with T-mac except the condition of his body.

He's a victim of circumstance with his playoff record. In all honesty, I just don't see how nearly upsetting Detroit, playing Dallas tough, and facing an awful matchup for Yao in Boozer, is his fault. I don't know, thats just me.

well, when you're that good, people expect u to do the impossible.

again, it'll be tough for them to win a round this yr despite this streak b/c teams will begin to double/triple tracy more than ever before.

tmac has to get out of the first round. if he does, i will truly believe he can take his game to another level that will make him the best player in the L. u don't know how much pressure that monkey is on his back right now.

too bad he isn't in the east though. the east sucks.
dontel
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#46 » by dontel » Sun Mar 9, 2008 9:53 am

enough of this "1st round" this 1st round that! cant you all make any response without mentioning the word "1st" or "round" for that matter? its getting redundant and annoying at the same time, its not even funny
where its hard to get past the 1st rd because of injuries...happens
MrCheerios
Analyst
And1: 887

Post#47 » by MrCheerios » Sun Mar 9, 2008 9:56 am

I don't remember Garnett getting this much hate on first round playoff exits.
667Club
Bench Warmer

Post#48 » by 667Club » Sun Mar 9, 2008 11:16 am

TMAC desservers same MVP consideration as Lebron James and Kobe bryant. In fact, i'd say id desserve more if he goes one because he does it in the hardest division and with a team that is not as good as the lakers yet they might stay in the run for #1 in the west.
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#49 » by TooNice00 » Sun Mar 9, 2008 12:58 pm

MrCheerios wrote:I don't remember Garnett getting this much hate on first round playoff exits.

thats because tracy doesn't just lose in the first round but his teams collapse and fall apart like the mavs basically did against the heat. the rockets won 50 games missing yao last season and last seasons team didn't have scola or landry. the rockets look great this year. but tracy just doesn't do well in terms of winning in the playoffs. ultimately winning in the playoffs is what seperates players so until mcgrady wins in the playoffs i wouldn't call him a leader.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#50 » by RoxFan08 » Sun Mar 9, 2008 3:45 pm

I've never understood that argument.

Tmac's playoff numbers are RIDICULOUSLY good individually, like top 5 all time good, but his teams never seem to back him up.

Utah last year was the 1st time he shot with relatively poor efficiency (41-42% or so), but he still averaged over 10 assists and about 30 a game.

Whenever he plays, his team is generally the inferior team. He catches a lot of flak, but he is usually the best performer on the court. His backup just isn't there.

Maybe that will change this year.
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#51 » by nyk_buc » Sun Mar 9, 2008 4:43 pm

TooNice00 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

thats because tracy doesn't just lose in the first round but his teams collapse and fall apart like the mavs basically did against the heat. the rockets won 50 games missing yao last season and last seasons team didn't have scola or landry. the rockets look great this year. but tracy just doesn't do well in terms of winning in the playoffs. ultimately winning in the playoffs is what seperates players so until mcgrady wins in the playoffs i wouldn't call him a leader.

i wouldn't call 29ppg, 6rpg, 7apg showing up and wanting to win. last yr was his first "sbuapr" series for him just getting 25, 5, 7.
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 403

Post#52 » by CzBoobie » Sun Mar 9, 2008 5:00 pm

RoxFan08 wrote:I've never understood that argument.

Tmac's playoff numbers are RIDICULOUSLY good individually, like top 5 all time good, but his teams never seem to back him up.

What?

Return to The General Board