Chris Paul takes a shot at Rafer Alston

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,074
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#101 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:10 pm

Double ironing, if you think I don't know it's not ironing :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#102 » by Baller 24 » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:12 pm

I find that inappropriate of Chris Paul, there was no reason for him to say that, he knows he is better then Rafer, and Rafer knows Paul is better then him, but for Chris Paul to say something like that just makes you not have any respect for the guy.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Jules Winnfield
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#103 » by Jules Winnfield » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:13 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Double ironing, if you think I don't know it's not ironing :lol:

i'm sure.

What are you? 12?
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#104 » by The Laker Kid » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:14 pm

JoeyH wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Whos the leading MVP candidate right now again? Oh yea, Kobe Bryant. Remember when Raja got under Kobe's skin??

I dont think this is any kind of big deal at all to be honest. Just a little heated battle.

I think it's the other way around. Kobe got under Raja's skin.

I do agree that we need some trash talking once in a while. The league is becoming really soft right now...
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:14 pm

LOL, what? I don't know that it's irony? What are you so angry about?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#106 » by a-rod » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:17 pm

JoeyH wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Whos the leading MVP candidate right now again? Oh yea, Kobe Bryant. Remember when Raja got under Kobe's skin??

I dont think this is any kind of big deal at all to be honest. Just a little heated battle.

there is a huge difference between those tow incident. first kobe was asked about it by reporter, but he wasn't the one who made the statement, second Raja incident wasn't about trash talking.

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh the ironing.

:rofl: :rofl:
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
aznkillabeezZz
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#107 » by aznkillabeezZz » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:17 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

what happened

I guess this answers any doubts people have on Paul being a dirty player...

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/ ... Hodge.html
Wow that's the dirtiest play in the playbook. There's no doubt , anyone who does this is a coward. I'd have more respect for him if he punched him on the face. But hitting a player down there is just pathetic.

As for the Rafer incident. Difference is, Rafer kept the trashtalking (which they both were guilty of) in the court. And the childish Chris Paul snitched to the media and told the whole world. He's just being a loser because he lost 3rd spot to the firey rockets and now he's snitching on a nba veteran.
Iggyemu
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#108 » by Iggyemu » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:21 pm

They don't like each other. It happens. I guess Paul is just pissed at the audacity of Skip to step to him like that knowing he is nowhere near the level of Paul.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:24 pm

After I thought about it, I really like rivalries like this anyway, not that I care if it is between Paul and Rafer, but it's going to fuel both teams in future matchups, and it will bring out the best or worst in both sides.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#110 » by UTMCretin » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:28 pm

paul is idiot because he uses teh sarchasm. how immature of him he shuld lern to grow up.

stop the ironing, mr paul. it doesnt become of you.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#111 » by Texas Longhorns » Sun Mar 9, 2008 10:33 pm

UTMCretin wrote:paul is idiot because he uses teh sarchasm. how immature of him he shuld lern to grow up.

stop the ironing, mr paul. it doesnt become of you.

You got a sentence in there that doesn't make sense, though everyone can probably figure out what you mean. You should use the correct spelling.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,752

Post#112 » by G35 » Sun Mar 9, 2008 11:20 pm

Iggyemu wrote:They don't like each other. It happens. I guess Paul is just pissed at the audacity of Skip to step to him like that knowing he is nowhere near the level of Paul.

What audacity? I think that's how players should play.

If you step on any field of competition feeling the man across you is better then you have already lost. Deep down the best players want you to challenge them because they welcome the competition...........
I'm so tired of the typical......
Nebroc
Senior

Post#113 » by Nebroc » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:04 am

aznkillabeezZz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess this answers any doubts people have on Paul being a dirty player...

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/ ... Hodge.html
Wow that's the dirtiest play in the playbook. There's no doubt , anyone who does this is a coward. I'd have more respect for him if he punched him on the face. But hitting a player down there is just pathetic.

As for the Rafer incident. Difference is, Rafer kept the trashtalking (which they both were guilty of) in the court. And the childish Chris Paul snitched to the media and told the whole world. He's just being a loser because he lost 3rd spot to the firey rockets and now he's snitching on a nba veteran.
Aren't you ignorant? Lets just leave out the fact that Hodge had been pulling on Paul's injured wirst the whole night while the crowd taunted his dead grandfather. Also, your reading comprehension must be questioned if you got Paul "snitching" in that quote. He didn't even say he played dirty- all he said was he wishes he could be as good as Rafer. It's also silly for all the mormans and the future first round exits (or do they call themselves the rockets now?) to scream that Paul shouldn't let players throw him off his game with nothing but trash talk when Paul had 37/11. If that's what happens when players get under his skins then if I'm a hornets fan I'd buy Rafer and company tickets to see the Hornets in the second round to get him amped up.
canoner
Lead Assistant

Post#114 » by canoner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:10 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Chris put 37/11 on him, on great shooting. I wouldn't say Rafer is "in his head."

More reasons for Paul not showing childishness after the game, in which his team got blown out.

On the other hand, Rafer's numbers last night were way above his capability. So I guess the trash talking on the court fired up both players.
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#115 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:20 am

why the hell is there a long ass thread about one comment?

you guys act like you've never seen a rivalry before. is the NBA that much of a sugar coated league that the fans overreact and go ballistic if they hear a player making fun of another player? geez. it's a competition, they're being competitive, they feel tension between each other and then a little rivalry occurs. so what, this is a sport, not a love fest.

like i said earlier in this thread, I wanna see more of "I wish I was good as Rafer Alston" and "Who are you talking about, Erica Dampier?" type of quotes in the league.

If anything, Chris Paul is helping to save the NBA. He's bringing that competive atmosphere back in the league and hopefully it leads to more rivalries being risen. He's actually making me want to see the next Rockets/Hornets game because of that comment, whereas if he was a goody two shoes talking good about Rafer, I would have cared less about the two teams' next meeting.
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#116 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:25 am

GOD, if it makes you people happy, go e-mail Chris Paul and ask him to suck Rafer Alston's dick to make up.

Damn, it's a rivalry. Stop overreacting. I thought basketball was a sport, but then when tension builds between two players I see all these people going ballistic about a certain comment as if the NBA is supposed to be a love fest or something. There's nothing wrong with rivalries building up between two players. Rivalries are what made the 70s, 80s and 90s great eras in the first place.
Harmless
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#117 » by Harmless » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:30 am

CupcakeNoFillin wrote:why the hell is there a long ass thread about one comment?

you guys act like you've never seen a rivalry before. is the NBA that much of a sugar coated league that the fans overreact and go ballistic if they hear a player making fun of another player? geez. it's a competition, they're being competitive, they feel tension between each other and then a little rivalry occurs. so what, this is a sport, not a love fest.

like i said earlier in this thread, I wanna see more of "I wish I was good as Rafer Alston" and "Who are you talking about, Erica Dampier?" type of quotes in the league.

If anything, Chris Paul is helping to save the NBA. He's bringing that competive atmosphere back in the league and hopefully it leads to more rivalries being risen. He's actually making me want to see the next Rockets/Hornets game because of that comment, whereas if he was a goody two shoes talking good about Rafer, I would have cared less about the two teams' next meeting.

It's not like we all want the players to love and hug each other and be BFFs. Shutting up and not whining to the media about trash talking would be good enough. Keep it in the court, as many have already said. There's this thing called "sportsmanship", and Paul did a piss poor job of it.
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#118 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:31 am

good point.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,752

Post#119 » by G35 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:33 am

CupcakeNoFillin wrote:GOD, if it makes you people happy, go e-mail Chris Paul and ask him to suck Rafer Alston's dick to make up.

Damn, it's a rivalry. Stop overreacting. I thought basketball was a sport, but then when tension builds between two players I see all these people going ballistic about a certain comment as if the NBA is supposed to be a love fest or something. There's nothing wrong with rivalries building up between two players. Rivalries are what made the 70s, 80s and 90s great eras in the first place.

I agree. I hope Chris feels that way when people talk trash in his face and he don't catch feelings........
I'm so tired of the typical......
Iggyemu
RealGM

Post#120 » by Iggyemu » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:37 am

G35 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What audacity? I think that's how players should play.

If you step on any field of competition feeling the man across you is better then you have already lost. Deep down the best players want you to challenge them because they welcome the competition...........

I am a Rocket fan...I loved it. But Paul probably thought to himself...who the hell is Rafer Alston to step to me like that.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan

Return to The General Board