Can the Magic upset the Pistons or Celtics in the playoffs??

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#201 » by AgEnT50 » Mon Apr 7, 2008 1:58 am

Wrighteous wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

low blow dude, low blow. :nonono:

:rofl:
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#202 » by Gordon Bombay » Mon Apr 7, 2008 2:03 am

i think if the cavs and the magic switched places and the cavs were scheduled to face detroit and the magic were set up to play the celtics, i think both teams would stand a better chance (thats under the assumption that the cavs can actually pull it together for that first round series and at this point, i dont know if they can) but as of right now, i would say thats a negative for both
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#203 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Apr 7, 2008 4:07 am

Gordon Bombay wrote:i think if the cavs and the magic switched places and the cavs were scheduled to face detroit and the magic were set up to play the celtics, i think both teams would stand a better chance (thats under the assumption that the cavs can actually pull it together for that first round series and at this point, i dont know if they can) but as of right now, i would say thats a negative for both

I agree with this, the Cavs have proved they can hang with DET the past 2 years
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#204 » by richboy » Mon Apr 7, 2008 4:18 am

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Obviously this is the best team they have played on, but they all had enough talent around them at one point to get a lot further than they did. Clearly, this is their best chance to go deep.

My point is if Boston fans can be arrogant enough to not respect a 50 win team they have a losing record against, then Magic fans can not respect the Celtics because they are career underachievers. The knife cuts both ways.
Okay lets get specific. What year did KG have enough talent that he should have went further. Same with Ray and Pierce. Just out of curiousity.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,934

Post#205 » by tmorgan » Mon Apr 7, 2008 4:23 am

Gordon Bombay wrote:i think if the cavs and the magic switched places and the cavs were scheduled to face detroit and the magic were set up to play the celtics, i think both teams would stand a better chance (thats under the assumption that the cavs can actually pull it together for that first round series and at this point, i dont know if they can) but as of right now, i would say thats a negative for both

Strongly agree. The two teams the Pistons don't want to play are the Celts and the Cavs. The two teams the Celts would prefer not to play are the Magic and the Pistons. The way it has worked out, only the ECF can provide one of those matchups. Very nice for Detroit and Boston.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#206 » by Cammo101 » Mon Apr 7, 2008 5:07 am

richboy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Okay lets get specific. What year did KG have enough talent that he should have went further. Same with Ray and Pierce. Just out of curiousity.

KG the year he had Cassell and Spree was a number 1 seed. Not unlike the Celtics this year. That team didn't make the Finals, which I would assume is underachieving as the supposed best team in basketball. That is unless the Eastern Conference Finals are ok with you this season? If not, then he underachieved.

That is not even mentioning the 7 straight years not making it out of the first round, something even Pau Gasol prolobably gets a chuckle out of.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#207 » by MagicNolesFSU » Mon Apr 7, 2008 5:14 am

How bout we just wait until the playoffs and we will know for sure?
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
icewill36
Senior
And1: 2

Post#208 » by icewill36 » Mon Apr 7, 2008 6:51 am

celtics no

pistons yes

its not that i think orlando is a better team than detroit, but i feel detroit is more likely not to "bring it" in the playoffs, as they proved last year against the cavs. being favorites is the worst thing that can happen to the pistons.

i think the celtics are just too hungry to let the magic beat them, or anyone for that matter. also, i feel the magic shoot too much, dont utilize howard enough on offense, and don't dig in consistently on defense.
icewill36
Senior
And1: 2

Post#209 » by icewill36 » Mon Apr 7, 2008 6:54 am

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

KG the year he had Cassell and Spree was a number 1 seed. Not unlike the Celtics this year. That team didn't make the Finals, which I would assume is underachieving as the supposed best team in basketball. That is unless the Eastern Conference Finals are ok with you this season? If not, then he underachieved.

That is not even mentioning the 7 straight years not making it out of the first round, something even Pau Gasol prolobably gets a chuckle out of.

did you forget cassell was injured that series or what ?
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#210 » by GregB » Mon Apr 7, 2008 5:10 pm

icewill36 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

did you forget cassell was injured that series or what ?

He probably didn't. It just didn't support his argument. So, He prob decided to omit it.
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#211 » by AgEnT50 » Tue Apr 8, 2008 1:42 am

Well I DEF didn't want this thread to get buried under all the SPAM...so i'm bringing it back :nod:
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#212 » by KF10 » Tue Apr 8, 2008 1:59 am

[quote="mattyBoi"][/quote]

True, Kings lose against several bottom feeders of the NBA. But we have beaten all of the ELITE teams in the NBA several times...(Except Boston/Suns)

Umm, Magic lost to the Knicks yesterday, okay? They lose against sorry teams as well...In matter in fact, everybody have lost to sorry teams at one point...
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#213 » by Cammo101 » Tue Apr 8, 2008 2:31 am

kingsfan10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

True, Kings lose against several bottom feeders of the NBA. But we have beaten all of the ELITE teams in the NBA several times...(Except Boston/Suns)

Umm, Magic lost to the Knicks yesterday, okay? They lose against sorry teams as well...In matter in fact, everybody have lost to sorry teams at one point...

That isn't really a fair assessment. Orlando was playing a back to back on the road with nothing to play for. We have the division and the 3 seed clinched. That Magic team that lost to the Knicks last night will not be the same team you see in the playoffs. For one, you won't see 25 minutes of Garrity come playoff time.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#214 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue Apr 8, 2008 4:20 am

I cant believe you are trying to make this argument. Who cares about games against the knicks that mean nothing.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#215 » by KF10 » Tue Apr 8, 2008 5:43 am

MagicNolesFSU wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I cant believe you are trying to make this argument. Who cares about games against the knicks that mean nothing.

Im not making any argument. Im replying to the poster that he claimed that the Magic "doesnt lose to sorry teams". But I said he is wrong...Magic lost to several "sorry" teams in the course of the season...That's all...
y 2 a B
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#216 » by y 2 a B » Tue Apr 8, 2008 5:50 am

Im not making any argument. Im replying to the poster that he claimed that the Magic "doesnt lose to sorry teams". But I said he is wrong...Magic lost to several "sorry" teams in the course of the season...That's all...

Yes we did, but every team (even the elites) lose to horrible teams, its the nature of the game and it just happens.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#217 » by KF10 » Tue Apr 8, 2008 5:55 am

y 2 a B wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes we did, but every team (even the elites) lose to horrible teams, its the nature of the game and it just happens.

Yeah, I know. That is what I said.

MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#218 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue Apr 8, 2008 6:36 am

Yeah but your missing the point which was while the kings beat some good teams they got killed by all the crap teams. And the magic beat a fair share of both.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#219 » by KF10 » Tue Apr 8, 2008 6:55 am

MagicNolesFSU wrote:Yeah but your missing the point which was while the kings beat some good teams they got killed by all the crap teams. And the magic beat a fair share of both.

Yeah, I see your point but technically the Kings didnt got murdered by ALL the crappy teams though... :lol:

But yeah, fair enough. :D
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#220 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue Apr 8, 2008 7:01 am

Yeah, I see your point but technically the Kings didnt got murdered by ALL the crappy teams though... :lol:

But yeah, fair enough. :D

Once again your making what im telling you way to literal. I didnt mean you literally got blown out, but that you playoffs hopes were killed because you couldn't take care of business.

Return to The General Board