Boston vs. Atlanta - Series tied (2-2)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who will win this 1st round series?

Boston in 4
48%
Boston in 5
16%
Boston in 6
7%
Boston in 7
1%
Atlanta in 4
4%
Atlanta in 5
1%
Atlanta in 6
3%
Atlanta in 7
4%
Atlanta in 8
18%

Total votes: 299

JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#141 » by JoshB914 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:58 pm

It's not smack talk, it's a fact.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,230

Post#142 » by enigmatics » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:59 pm

Meet the Cassell family..........

greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#143 » by greenbeans » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:02 am

NetsForce wrote:Man you guys are going to be so angry when the Celts and Suns are gone fishing...

seriously man, your team needs to get blown up. i was at the game last night and they were all bickering like a 6th grade team. vince and diop were goin at it good in the 1st. are they like that all the time.

and enjoy the bass
NDaATL
Lead Assistant
And1: 519

Post#144 » by NDaATL » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:25 am

b-ball forever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Comin from a guy who's team wasn't even good enuf to beat down the frigin Hawks!

Didn't we beat the Suns? Oh yeah, that's right.

I'm sorry that you have to resort to talking trash to fans in a different conference because you know the Spurs are going to hand it to you once again. I'm also sorry the JJ trade turned into a horrible one for you. It must suck knowing your best chance at a ship walked out the door for Diaw who is one of the worst contracts in the league, while your ownership continues to sell the 1st rounders for cash..

But good luck against the Spurs!!
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#145 » by greenbeans » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:29 am

NDaATL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm sorry that you have to resort to talking trash to fans in a different conference because you know the Spurs are going to hand it to you once again. I'm also sorry the JJ trade turned into a horrible one for you. It must suck knowing your best chance at a ship walked out the door for one of the worst contracts in the league, while your ownership continues to sell 1st rounders..

edit: blahblahblah
NDaATL
Lead Assistant

Post#146 » by NDaATL » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:31 am

^ Nope, but since he threw another backhand at the Hawks, figured I may as well do the same..
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#147 » by greenbeans » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:33 am

NDaATL wrote:^ Nope, but since he threw another backhand at the Hawks, figured I may as well do the same..

theres tha A fans talkin some. now thats what i was gettin at
NDaATL
Lead Assistant

Post#148 » by NDaATL » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:38 am

greenbeans wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

theres tha A fans talkin some. now thats what i was gettin at

Yeah, I didn't want to get started, but he loaded up the gun so now I have plenty of ammo. He should've never let me find out he's a PHX fan.

I wanted to keep it civil with Boston fans because I'm actually going to root for y'all after you beat us, I was just hoping we could squeeze one or two out, although I doubt it.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#149 » by b-ball forever » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:01 am

What? Ur a Nets fan as well?

I'm sorry that you have to resort to talking trash to fans in a different conference because you know the Spurs are going to hand it to you once again. I'm also sorry the JJ trade turned into a horrible one for you. It must suck knowing your best chance at a ship walked out the door for Diaw who is one of the worst contracts in the league, while your ownership continues to sell the 1st rounders for cash..
But good luck against the Spurs!!

Well, if u wanna go there...

I'm talkin bout the Hawks and Celts in this thread cuz *newsflash* : THIS IS THE HAWKS VS CELTS THREAD.

OT, but I def think we'll get the Spurs, and said it plenty already on this board, on the suns board and even the on Spurs board. So don't start thinkin bout trying to pull the puss card on me.
Duncan really struggles vs Shaq and it has been apparent given that we won both Spurs games post-Shaq trade. If Bowen (or anybody) locks up Nash that won't be enuf to kill our game anymore since this year we got HILL/Diaw/Shaq who can all create exellent plays in the half-court as well.

And I def don't have any issues with my team. I'm a Suns fan, not a Hawks fan why the hell shud I be pissed bout my team?

On the Joe Johnson trade :

It was AWESOME. If ur management was smarter U guys cuda picked him for free thru the free agency since he was a RFA and the Suns weren't gonna give him the big bucks, nor the bigger role he wanted.
Instead we got a couple first rounders and Diaw for Nothing (JJ was gonner no matter what). Even if we traded away Rondo and overpayed Diaw after that what we did get was still lots better then nothing.

As for Diaw, he won MIP, was our go-to guy on the team that led us to the frikin WCF in 2006, and totally saved our season that year, all on a rookie contract. Just for that alone the trade was worth it.
That's WAY more then Joe Johnson ever did for u guys on his HUGE contract, or ever wuda done for the Suns as a 4th option. Wake me up when he lets you into the ECF as the number 1 option.
Diaw's also been doin pretty well lately, so while he is overpaid there are worse contracts out there. Unlike sum utha teams, the Suns ARE championship contenders, so I can live with that.

Making the east conf 8th seed on a .451 record is cute, but u guys still have a LONGGG ways to go before u even start thinkin bout playin "my di*k is bigger then yours" with us

Now lets get back on topic to Hawk sweepage talk shall we?
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,074

Post#150 » by High 5 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:06 am

"With us." $10 says you don't even live in Arizona. And if you do, well, sorry. Either way you lose.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#151 » by enigmatics » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:07 am

LOL @ at the Hawks fans trying to talk junk about the Suns ........ Who'da thunk 37 wins and a LOSING record would stroke their egos in such a way.
NDaATL
Lead Assistant

Post#152 » by NDaATL » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:11 am

b-ball forever wrote:What? Ur a Nets fan as well?

Uh, what? Check the books, the Hawks spanked the Suns earlier this year.

It was AWESOME. If ur management was smarter U guys cuda picked him for free thru the free agency since he was a RFA and the Suns weren't gonna give him the big bucks, nor the bigger role he wanted.

lol, so I guess you know Sarver personally. Tell him I said what up next time you speak to him.

Diaw sucks and you know it, don't try and cover up for him. I'm sorry this measly "ATL fan" irked you into typing a 4 paragraph response. That's hilarious, almost as funny as the Suns getting the Spurs in the 1st round lol.
High 5
RealGM

Post#153 » by High 5 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:12 am

enigmatics wrote:LOL @ at the Hawks fans trying to talk junk about the Suns ........ Who'da thunk 37 wins and a LOSING record would stroke their egos in such a way.

It hasn't stroked my ego one bit. Newsflash: I don't play for the Hawks! You don't play for the Suns. If either of you died tonight no one on the Suns would even care. Get over yourselves. :wink:
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#154 » by NetsForce » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:14 am

Diaw doesn't suck. He's just fat, unmotivated, and has no jumper. He's basically what Corey Brewer would be if Brewer was fat, unmotivated, and couldn't play defense...
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#155 » by b-ball forever » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:14 am

lol, so I guess you know Sarver personally. Tell him I said what up next time you speak to him.

Diaw sucks and you know it, don't try and cover up for him. I'm sorry this measly "ATL fan" irked you into typing a 4 paragraph response. That's hilarious, almost as funny as the Suns getting the Spurs in the 1st round lol.

That comeback attempt sucks about as hard as a certain team, gotta expect that I guess
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#156 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:15 am

Arizona isn't such a bad place. They have really relaxed taxes especially if your a business owner. And they're right next to LA, and of course Los Vegas.

Maybe not the best place in the world to go through public school system. But if you're an enterprenuer or looking for some adult fun that's a pretty good place to be.
High 5
RealGM

Post#157 » by High 5 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:17 am

Just by reading a few of their posts it's easy to tell than neither of them could possibly be over the age of 15. The most adult fun they have is watching a rated R movie.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#158 » by enigmatics » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:19 am

NetsForce wrote:Diaw doesn't suck. He's just fat, unmotivated, and has no jumper. He's basically what Corey Brewer would be if brewer was fat, unmotivated, and couldn't play defense...

No jumper? And can't play defense? You're truly are a crackhead....

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=All-Defense-080410

Hollinger has him listed as an honorable mention for efficiency on defense for PF's .........and he's nearly automatic with his jump shot, when he takes it instead of passing it.
NDaATL
Lead Assistant

Post#159 » by NDaATL » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:23 am

b-ball forever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That comeback attempt sucks about as hard as a certain team, gotta expect that I guess

3 edits? Damn I must really be gettin under that skin tonight. Don't start what you can't finish.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#160 » by enigmatics » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:02 am

Return to The General Board