Game 7: Who do you fear the most?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Re: Game 7: Who do you fear the most? 

Post#41 » by OhMyBosh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:53 pm

Tracy McGrady.

But hey, he really fills up the stat sheet on elimination games.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#42 » by BubbaTee » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:59 pm

And 1 Amare wrote:Which point guard would you guys fear, or at least worry bout?

Iverson, if he counts. He showed in 2001 that he could put a team on his back and will it to win against a FAR superior opponent. The best Shaq/Kobe team threw the whole book at him in that Game 1, and nothing worked. He wasn't playing PG in that game, but he sometimes plays it now.
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#43 » by tracey_nice » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:58 pm

This is how I look at it, if I am playing one game against anyone player, the player I'd fear is the player when no matter what you do, you just can't stop; its just one of those nights, that eliminates Kg and Tim Duncan, these players can't just bring the ball up and just absolutely torch you with no end in site, which leaves Kobe, Lebron, and Wade. Wade doesn't scare me nearly as much as Lebron and Kobe do, he just doesn't. So now I am down to Kobe and Lebron; both players when on are nearly unstoppable, but for me, Kobe on fire is like nothing else the NBA has seen, and for that reason I'd fear Kobe Bryant the most in a one game, do or die, winner take all game.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#44 » by 5DOM » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:04 pm

James Posey
8'sReverse
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Southern California~ Watching the only LA NBA team, the Lakers!

Post#45 » by 8'sReverse » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:06 pm

Pierce, KG, and Allen if they're playing alongside Pierce, KG, and Allen.

Solo players, there are none I fear...
Charles Barkley wrote:"I've got TWO words for you... 'Chris Paul and Steve Nash, must see TV'!"
C'mon Cavs
Starter
And1: 5

Post#46 » by C'mon Cavs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:42 am

5DOM wrote:James Posey

LOL...please, let's stop another potential Robert Horry situation before it starts.
Heyvoon24
Pro Prospect
And1: 18

Post#47 » by Heyvoon24 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:24 am

C'mon Cavs wrote:
5DOM wrote:James Posey

LOL...please, let's stop another potential Robert Horry situation before it starts.

ive had nightmares of him after game 4
Beat who?
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,327

Post#48 » by Bank Shot » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:24 am

LeBron. People always talk about Kobe having this magical ability at the end of games but statistically there are much more clutch players than him and I don't think we'll ever seen LeBron pull the crap that Kobe did in game 7 against the Suns. Kobe is a great player but I'll take the guy who won't stop trying if his team gets down double digits in game 7.

A healthy Wade is pretty scary too but we haven't seen that for 2 years so I can't put him above LeBron. Timmy is of course up there too. I still remember that near-quadurple double to clinch the 05' title. He may not be super flashy but he steps it up at least as much as any other superstar when it matters.
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#49 » by Banks2Pierce » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:06 am

I was barely able to eat food the day before Game 7 against Lebron and Lebron came through in that game by scoring 45 points. Lebron is the best player in the game. Pierce always has ridiculous games in do or die situations.

I wouldn't have lost sleep if we were facing Kobe in a game 7.
PPAW4Life
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#50 » by PPAW4Life » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:45 am

Right now you have to go with LeBron.

He's younger and is actually carrying his team on most nights so he is used to shouldering the immense burden.

In a Game 7 there is no player who has the size, speed, athleticism, passing ability, ball handling, power, and an improved shot than The King.

At this point in their respective careers LeBron is younger than Kobe and will get to the rim more often because of his sheer power and speed and he his defense is steadily improving as well where as Kobe plays it in spurts when he wants to (maybe a by product of his team's lack of defensive priorities).

Also there is no guarding LeBron if he can just pop 35 FT away from rim off the dribble and drill a 3.

If his jump shot is on he is in complete control of the game....yet it doesn't mean his team will win because you still need help from somebody...anybody.

LeBron instills the most fear....on an individual players perspective.
Bruh Man
Analyst
And1: 743

Post#51 » by Bruh Man » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:02 am

JordansBulls wrote:IF it is the NBA Finals then I have to take someone that has actually played well in them for the most part. Thus the only players that comes to mind at this point is Dwyane Wade or Tim Duncan.

so you expect wade to outperform kobe and james if they were all placed in the same situation?....could you imagine what james or kobe would do against the maverick's D.
telecomguy
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#52 » by telecomguy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:20 am

Parasight wrote:Tim Duncan isn't exactly someone I would "fear" in a Game 7 situation. LeBron James on the other hand, would frighten my team all the way back into the locker room and into a forfeit. Now that I've said this I fully expect multiple attacks on "LeBron was afraid of Duncan last year LOLOLOL!!!!!!" Or some other responses along those lines.

That's because you probably don't really understand basketball.

Why is everyone only focusing on OFFENSE? If the question is about fearing which player the most on a decisive game, doesnt DEFENSE also play a big part of WINNING?

Duncan plays both ends of the floor in dominant fashion, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs and in key series or finals clinching games. And he does it with passing, blocking, help defense, pick n roll defense, controlling the paint, attracting double-teams, altering shots, set great picks, and also scoring at a very efficient high-percentage rate (don't know if you remember him singlehandedly destroying New Jersey Nets in the championship clinching game with near quardruple double and when Duncan took the Spurs from 9 point deficit in the 7th game of the finals against the Pistons and took over the game by scoring and attracting double, triple teams thereby opening up 3pt uncontested jump shots).

Until Lebron plays both ends and learns to play WITH the team and not try to singlehandedly win the game, he will not be the most feared player. If you saw how easily Duncan led Spurs destroyed Cleveland, i am not sure how you can even consider Lebron as the most-feared player, not withstanding the fact that he hasn't even played enough finals to warrant such a high accolade. One needs to understand that most-feared does not mean most shot attempts, most points, most one-on-one plays, etc. Most Feared should mean someone who is most likely to make the biggest contribution to winning the game and the one player who controls both ends of the court whether he takes the most shots or not. Because at the end of the day, the question is all about WINNING, not scoring most points as an individual.

Ask Nash, Stoudemire, Dirk, Billups, Rasheed, Ben Wallace, Larry Brown, D'Antoni, Phil Jackson, Kobe, and even Shaquille who they fear the most in the 7th game and I would be shocked if they said Lebron over Duncan!
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#53 » by Tirion » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:25 am

healthy Manu
Kakish
Sophomore

Post#54 » by Kakish » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:34 pm

Kobe, Any Day/Any Game.

After that Iverson/Lebron/Wade.
Kakish
Sophomore

Post#55 » by Kakish » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:35 pm

Purple 'n Gold wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:IF it is the NBA Finals then I have to take someone that has actually played well in them for the most part. Thus the only players that comes to mind at this point is Dwyane Wade or Tim Duncan.

so you expect wade to outperform kobe and james if they were all placed in the same situation?....could you imagine what james or kobe would do against the maverick's D.

We don't have to for Kobe.

62 points in 3 Quarters.
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#56 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:16 am

Purple 'n Gold wrote:

its not a given..remember in 2006 everybody(including myself) thinking Kobe would kill Phx, especially after Bell's comments..only form him to score 8pts below his season average...
Frosty
General Manager
And1: 13,454

Post#57 » by Frosty » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:49 am

Kakish wrote:Kobe, Any Day/Any Game.

I see you are an LA fan. As such I understand why you fear Kobe in a game 7. I mean his last two (Phoenix and Sacramento, zero FG's in 4th or OT) were vanishing acts.

:lol:
Atheism is a non-prophet organization
KyleCleric
Rookie
And1: 57

Post#58 » by KyleCleric » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:10 am

Tim Duncan – he was my nightmare matchup all year long and will be next year as well.

Lebron James – James may not be in the ideal situation right now with a lousy team in Cleveland, but he’s a good leader and terrific on court performer. If he gets any help, any at all, he’ll be scary.

Paul Pierce – few players match Pierce in skills and almost none in heart.
travis minor
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#59 » by travis minor » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:33 am

1. Lebron
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#60 » by ljp24 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:34 am

Frosty wrote:
Kakish wrote:Kobe, Any Day/Any Game.

I see you are an LA fan. As such I understand why you fear Kobe in a game 7. I mean his last two (Phoenix and Sacramento, zero FG's in 4th or OT) were vanishing acts.

:lol:

this is the worst joke ive ever read

Return to The General Board