Shaq has Deputy Badge Recinded

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Re: Shaq has Deputy Badge Recinded 

Post#41 » by hoop_head » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:02 pm

Shaq is never dull.
MilanFan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#42 » by MilanFan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:02 pm

That Nicka wrote:
That being said, I understand why he had his badge revoked. If ANY cop said the N-word on camera or in public they would be fired. Period. And thats the bottom line, they shouldnt make some special exception for Shaq.. I dont know why they made him a deputy in the first place to be honest

That is the point I am trying to make. This has nothing to do with either Shaq or Kobe.
The poster previously known as Milan24, assassinated by the "new" RealGM.

JaeRell
Junior
And1: 1

Post#43 » by JaeRell » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:24 pm

kobe snitching on shaq AGAIN?..smh.
houstonboy01
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#44 » by houstonboy01 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:30 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:LOL @ 5 years ago..obviously Shaq's marriage could have been screwed a long time ago..that could have been the beginning of the end..obviously Shaq's wife was going to be upset if she hears his teammate talking about how he "pays his other women off"..she isn't as good as the great Vanessa Bryant, who holds their marriage together..she faces the embarrassment of Kobe's off-court activities all the time, but she has the power to ignore it and stay with her husband, probably for her kids..what a great wife and mother..

as a minority, racial sensitivity is so **** overrated..there's a difference between having slaves on your property, not allowing someone to eat in your restaurant because of their skin color..calling someone a racist word with negative context..security at places generalizing you because you're black, or Arab, or whatever..

Shaq used the **** n-word as slang, just like rappers do, and characters in movies do..it's a word of empowerment..big difference..
I seriously have a hard time dealing with your terms of morals. Im sorry dude, but you have your own odd, twisted sense of morals. For some reason Shaq committing adultery is Kobe's fault? "snitching" is believed to be the worst of crimes only in the hood. Please open your eyes and enter the real world. Shaq's failed marriage was his own fault and his wife's fault. Kobe had nothing to do with it. If you want to keep your marriage straight, hold it with honor and don't cheat. Please do not rely on someone not "snitching" you
out.

And on the topic on hand..... It doesn't matter what context Shaq used the N word. He holds a public position where values and a good sense of moral decency is required... at least in front of a camera.
Kreuk
Analyst

Post#45 » by Kreuk » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:32 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:the guy insulted somebody that RUINED his marriage by snitching on him, but now he's getting punished? has to be a Kobe fan..

LOL HarlemHeat you are HILARIOUS. Did it ever occur to you that Shaq may have ruined his own marriage, by you know, cheating on his wife.

Insult removed.

tkb
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,081

Post#46 » by SOUL » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:36 pm

Ive heard racist cops before. This is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) its not like Shaq said it to anybody
akikan
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#47 » by akikan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:37 pm

i dont get why they would fire him.
so shaq has millions of dollars, and wanting to give back to the community, he becomes a cop. (and with someone that has that much money, wouldnt surprise me if he does it for free). and its intimidating as hell when you got a 7'+ monster patrolling the streets, so its a probably a big loss for the PD as well, just because shaq used some 'foul' language.

pretty much theyre saying theyre not gonna let him help people because he freestyled
houstonboy01
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by houstonboy01 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Kobot wrote:
HarlemHeat37 wrote:the guy insulted somebody that RUINED his marriage by snitching on him, but now he's getting punished? has to be a Kobe fan..

LOL HarlemHeat you are HILARIOUS. Did it ever occur to you that Shaq may have ruined his own marriage, by you know, cheating on his wife. idiot.

In HarlemHeat's warped reality, you can do whatever you want as long as nobody snitches you out :lol:

The "hood" is strong in this one :roll:
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#49 » by That Nicka » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:40 pm

Soul wrote:Ive heard racist cops before. This is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) its not like Shaq said it to anybody

then you should report them.
houstonboy01
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by houstonboy01 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:46 pm

Soul wrote:Ive heard racist cops before. This is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) its not like Shaq said it to anybody

See the problem is when someone says an athlete is a rolemodel its all bull.... or if they say some celeb is a role model its all bull.

But a Police Officer IS A ROLE MODEL. Even if it is out of fun and entertainment anything that has the slightest semblance of offensive language will look bad especially on camera.
french fry
Ballboy

Post#51 » by french fry » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:50 pm

HEY HOUSTONBOY
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTE
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#52 » by suckfish » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:04 am

This is sooooooo Dwight Schrute.

Miami's Finest
Starter

Post#53 » by Miami's Finest » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:05 am

LMAO that sheriff takes himself way too seriously... I'm sure it was worth it for Shaq. It was for me... Kobe tell me how my ass taste. :rofl:
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#54 » by AgEnT50 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:08 am

Guy986 wrote:Dam. Must be a kobe fan.

:rofl:
houstonboy01
Sixth Man

Post#55 » by houstonboy01 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:11 am

french fry wrote:HEY HOUSTONBOY
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTE

:lol: :-?
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#56 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:13 am

Damn.. sucks to be shaq..
Kreuk
Analyst

Post#57 » by Kreuk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:34 am

houstonboy01 wrote:
Kobot wrote:

LOL HarlemHeat you are HILARIOUS. Did it ever occur to you that Shaq may have ruined his own marriage, by you know, cheating on his wife. idiot.

In HarlemHeat's warped reality, you can do whatever you want as long as nobody snitches you out :lol:

The "hood" is strong in this one :roll:

LOL. I cant hate on him, only his ignorance. He probably plays too much Grand Theft Auto.

But his favorite rapper (Nas) gave love to his favorite bball player (Shaq). it must have been too much for him to handle at one time and what resulted was his stream of consciousness or lack thereof.

harlemheat of all people should know that what rappers freestyle is generally written down somewhere first. hardly any rappers save for the good ones like aesop, mr lif, murs, etc are capable of just shooting off random lines and having them sound good/ coherent.

unless you guys think shaq is a propa rapper and his talent level is through the roof to the point where a freestyle about kobe isnt premeditated.. LOL Next!

People... shaq's best rap metaphor was "it's like a hot dog, but without the bun." LMAO. people respect this guy. they are probably still listening to their fu schnickens albums
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#58 » by Throwback24 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:49 am

Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Miami's Finest
Starter

Post#59 » by Miami's Finest » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:53 am

Anybody that thinks what Kobe did was not the lowest slime ball move by a teammate ever is nothing but a homer. He deserved it and I really doubt some badge in Phoenix will matter to Shaq.
shawngoat23
Lead Assistant
And1: 286

Post#60 » by shawngoat23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 am

Throwback24 wrote:HarlemHeat, do you ever get tired of ragging on Kobe? Oh yeah, Super Ugly 'ethered' your man Nas. That musta 'burned slow'. Nas takes the loss, Jay banged his wife and then belittled him by signing him. You're dude has no pride.

Jay-Z had nothing on Nas. He was crying on radio asked about Ether. Dropped on his birthday too.

Jay-Z can brag about banging Carmen, but that's after Nas broke up, so no big deal.

Before Ether, Jay-Z was on top of the rap game; afterwards, he hasn't done anything but Kingdom Come, easily the worst album in his discography. Nas revived his career with Stillmatic, The Lost Tapes, and Hip Hop is Dead.

So Jay-Z signed Nas after they buried the hatchet. Not like Nas had to do it because he was hurting for money.

Jay-Z is one of the most successful executives in rap and one of the better pop artists. But he has nothing on Nas at all as an emcee.
penbeast0 wrote:Yes, he did. And as a mod, I can't even put him on ignore . . . sigh.

Return to The General Board