ESPN - Clippers Send 7th and Future 1st for 4th Pick

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Re: ESPN - Clippers Send 7th and Future 1st for 4th Pick 

Post#41 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Wouldnt gordon of been there at #7?
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,253

Post#42 » by pr0wler » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:41 pm

hahahaha. Even if Mayo drops Seattle says thank you very much and takes him. If Minnesota takes him as expected then we move down and take the guy we wanted anyway and get a free 2009 first rounder.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#43 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:54 pm

Boy, I would not want to take Love if I was a Minnesota fan, in relation to long-term direction (paired with Jefferson). Yeah, you'll get quality offense, but defensively it's not going to be good. Sooner or later, a change would have to made for Minny to get more balanced and improve that weakness. Between Love and Jefferson, who's going to be that significant defensive presence? Neither. Both of those guys need somebody like that next to him, so putting them together is pretty redundant (for a longer-term plan).

Between Love and Mayo, Mayo I think is the better talent and prospect, and also fills Minny's need at SG.

-----------

Clippers getting Gordon will be great for them
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#44 » by jumanji » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:06 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Boy, I would not want to take Love if I was a Minnesota fan, in relation to long-term direction (paired with Jefferson). Yeah, you'll get quality offense, but defensively it's not going to be good. Sooner or later, a change would have to made for Minny to get more balanced and improve that weakness. Between Love and Jefferson, who's going to be that significant defensive presence? Neither. Both of those guys need somebody like that next to him, so putting them together is pretty redundant (for a longer-term plan).

Between Love and Mayo, Mayo I think is the better talent and prospect, and also fills Minny's need at SG.

-----------

Clippers getting Gordon will be great for them

I sort of agree with you as far as the T-wolves are concerned the problem is i think McHale prefers Love and might trade down a spot or two to make the pick more acceptable. As for this thread i am baffled as to why the Clippers would want to move up to 4 knowing they cant get any of the top 3 players, enter Kevin Love.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#45 » by HarlemHeat37 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:09 pm

I'm liking what Seattle's management is doing..
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#46 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:15 pm

I guess this means that the Clippers don't think Shaun Livingston is going to get healthy any time soon.

On another topic, IMHO Love is the perfect fit for Jefferson offensively (because Love spreads the floor) and I have no doubbt that both could develop into above average defenders with the right coaching. Except for Rose, none of the guards in this year's draft is better than Foye. So why should the Wolves take a guard?
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#47 » by jumanji » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:19 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:I guess this means that the Clippers don't think Shaun Livingston is going to get healthy any time soon.

On another topic, IMHO Love is the perfect fit for Jefferson offensively (because Love spreads the floor) and I have no doubbt that both could develop into above average defenders with the right coaching. Except for Rose, none of the guards in this year's draft is better than Foye. So why should the Wolves take a guard?

Mayo and Bayless arent better than Foye? are you still high from the Celtics celebration?
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#48 » by ljp24 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:03 pm

ESPN just said the deals off, Seattle was asking for too much.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#49 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:24 pm

That changes things again then
PlinkingPanda
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#50 » by PlinkingPanda » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:36 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:I guess this means that the Clippers don't think Shaun Livingston is going to get healthy any time soon.

Shaun is still 1 year away from even being effective or back to where he was pre-injury. The kid hasn't played ball since he went down almost a year and a half ago. Healthy or not he won't play a huge role this year since he still needs to get back into game shape. We need help at the guard position because Brevin Knight is not in our long term plans due to his age.

Return to The General Board