Malice At The Palace: WNBA Edition

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

asdfgh
Lead Assistant
And1: 755

Re: Malice At The Palace: WNBA Edition 

Post#101 » by asdfgh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:51 am

Ok, I saw that again and the scene where Mahorn supposedly pushes Leslie. It's obvious that he was simply trying to stop the fight. He didn't push anyone, he was actually holding back making sure he wouldn't hurt any of the "ladies". This has been blown way out of proportions...
big L
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Full WNBA Brawl Video 

Post#102 » by big L » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:59 pm

Holy crap, that chick was pissed off!
from ny, never been a fan of the knicks...
RapsGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#103 » by RapsGM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:08 pm

Sad. This is the only reason the majority of us would catch the highlights of a WNBA game.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,078
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#104 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:50 pm

Ha, Mahorn wasn't pushing her, his hands were barely on her, come on....
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
leevii
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#105 » by leevii » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:35 pm

Must be that time of the month....

BTW, Leslie just pulled a Varejao/Carmelo combo. Stop vilifying my man Mahorn due to ignorance. And is anyone really sure that Leslie is a woman? I mean I would totally pull a Carmelo if I saw that (s)he-beast flailing his/her arms towards me.
AnSweR07 wrote:I'll go Roy, slightly ahead of Wade.
Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#106 » by Prophet_C » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Has Vince McMahon caught wind of this yet? Lure Candace to wrestling Vince so we can see her in next to nothing. :)
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#107 » by zuppafly » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Anyone saying Mahorn shoved Leslie to the ground need to watch some brawl videos to see what pushing and shoving really mean. He was there separating people.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#108 » by nitetrain8603 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Mahorn didn't push Leslie down. Mahorn was trying to seperate players. In fact, Leslie was swinging after I watched the replays on ESPNews. So if Mahorn gets in trouble for this, Leslie needs to get in double trouble.

And Candace instigated this whole thing from what it seems like. She got a rebound and a player off the Shock just gave her a normal hard foul. She was pissed for whatever reason and started jawing and then was ready to fight until Leslie pulled her back and talked to her. She missed both free throws, LA gets the rebound and makes those two. Then the Shock player is running up the court and Candace just slows down, the Shock player doesn't at all and she just runs over Parker. Then the whole melee happened.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#109 » by Tirion » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:02 pm

BTW, Leslie just pulled a Varejao/Carmelo combo. Stop vilifying my man Mahorn due to ignorance. And is anyone really sure that Leslie is a woman? I mean I would totally pull a Carmelo if I saw that (s)he-beast flailing his/her arms towards me.

lol at classless detroit fans and their comments.
this is some classic deeeeetroit baaaaasketball!
why was mahorn thrown out of the game when refs rewiewed the brawl?
why would leslie flop one second after he tryed to swing on him, you don't react like that when your angry.
why would her teammate, who saw the episode react like that?
why is mahorn putting his hands on an opposing team player in the first place?
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#110 » by nitetrain8603 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:06 pm

Tirion wrote:

why would leslie flop one second after he tryed to swing on him, you don't react like that when your angry.

When Mahorn got in the picture and tried to seperate the ladies, Leslie was walking backwards while trying to take a swing at Mahorn, Carmelo style.

And trust me, I could care less about the league and the city of Detroit. That's just the Chicago blood in me though.
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
And1: 357

Post#111 » by Phobo_Phile » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 pm

<-<-<- is exceptionally classless.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#112 » by Tirion » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:
Tirion wrote:

When Mahorn got in the picture and tried to seperate the ladies, Leslie was walking backwards while trying to take a swing at Mahorn, Carmelo style.

And trust me, I could care less about the league and the city of Detroit. That's just the Chicago blood in me though.

That was not my point. I don't judge Mahorn for pushing her, if some chick was trying to hit me I would have reacted as well. But are those detroit fans blind or what? Mahorn got in a phisical alterication with a woman. He's one of the dirtiest players to ever play in the NBA. Those are facts. Now what conclusions do you want to make out of this facts is up to you, but just blindly ignore them is dumb.
mesc
Junior

Post#113 » by mesc » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:16 pm

CLASS DETROIT FANS!!!

God, shut up already.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#114 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:32 pm

LOL @ Candice Parker being "hot"..no, she really isn't..she's way too manly..
bballmaniac27
Starter
And1: 4

Post#115 » by bballmaniac27 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:43 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:LOL @ Candice Parker being "hot"..no, she really isn't..she's way too manly..

agreed, she's hot for a WNBA player, emphasis on WNBA.

also, I don't get why people got so excited about this "brawl" it was basically a shoving contest.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#116 » by HarlemHeat37 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 pm

it's because most of us here are men..we're automatically drawn to girls fighting..
Apollo33
Pro Prospect

Post#117 » by Apollo33 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 pm

The worst thing about Candace Parker is that she:
is engaged to:
ISN'T THAT WRONG?
Bibby4Three
Banned User

Post#118 » by Bibby4Three » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:51 pm

Kno get your facts straight before giving false information. Rick Mahorn did not shove Lisa Leslie to the ground, you're being way too dramatic. He was trying to be the peacemaker and seperate everyone, so of course it looked like he shoved her since he had his hands on her but she simply slipped up in everything. Even the reporter, Rebecca Lobo, said she saw it up close and that he never did it intentionally, that she had just tripped.
leevii
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#119 » by leevii » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:59 pm

Tirion wrote:That was not my point. I don't judge Mahorn for pushing her, if some chick was trying to hit me I would have reacted as well. But are those detroit fans blind or what? Mahorn got in a phisical alterication with a woman. He's one of the dirtiest players to ever play in the NBA. Those are facts. Now what conclusions do you want to make out of this facts is up to you, but just blindly ignore them is dumb.

Funny that you use the words blind, dumb, and "blindly ignore"... since you clearly have blind hate for Mahorn, are making dumb accusations while blindly ignoring what happened on tape. General consensus is that Leslie was trying to attack Mahorn, Mahorn tried to stop her, Leslie did a Ginobili to blow it out of proportion.The refs throughout this game could be classified as clinically (Please Use More Appropriate Word) (to put lightly) and in the incident resorted to reverse sexism (OMG!!! Woman fall!!! Man push woman!!!!). Some PMSing player even judo-chopped Mahorn in the back of his head, if Mahorn was hell-bent on altercation he would've punted the scrawny clown out of the building.

And as for your "classless" post, great class on your part.
AnSweR07 wrote:I'll go Roy, slightly ahead of Wade.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#120 » by magicfan4life05 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:05 pm

I saw it again on espn

I don't think Marhon shoved her.

Return to The General Board