Paul Pierce: "I'm the BEST player in the WORLD"

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

shobe_81
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Re: Paul Pierce: "I'm the BEST player in the WORLD" 

Post#241 » by shobe_81 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 9:31 am

Don't we go through this every year? Blah blah player x is better than Kobe blah blah and what happens? Kobe always stays consistent as a top player.

In a year or 2, Pierce will be washed up while Kobe will still be contending at the top as a player and with a team.

And people keep saying Kobe got shut down by Pierce, lol use a brain once in a while, did u not see the doubles every corner Kobe turned? Did you not see the paint filled with green jerseys when Kobe tried to drive? It was the team defense that stopped. Bowen couldn't stop Kobe (thanks to the Spurs "lets play Kobe one on one with Bowen) and let alone you think Pierce shut down Kobe? That is pure stupidity.

Pierce has every right to claim "himself" better than Kobe, but to hear Realgm newbies say it just makes me laugh.

Lock this thread!!! Stupidity is going overboard.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#242 » by kingkirk » Fri Aug 1, 2008 11:22 am

My lord this is amazing. Paul Pierce can say what i want, wouldnt expect anything else from a top line player. They all have that 'mentalitly' of thinking they are number 1, but when people on here try to justify this, my god!

Pierce had a great finals, deserving MVP, but you do realise it wasnt just PP that stopped Kobe in the finals? That display by boston in the Finals in terms of TEAM defence was amazing. Kobe was consistently doubled and tripled with the most amazing rotational efence you will ever see. Text book stuff.

This thread flaws me honestly, some people are either to ignorant or have to much hate in their heart for one guy to concede that Kobe is better than there fav player.
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#243 » by humblebum » Fri Aug 1, 2008 12:59 pm

Let's put it this way. Pierce does a better job defending Kobe, than Kobe does defending Pierce. Pierce is much stronger and bit longer than Kobe, so head to head Pierce has the edge when they square off in most instances.

At the end of the day, Pierce is the second best SF in the game after Lebron. Kobe is the best SG in the game. Wade is the second best SG in the game. This is the cream of the crop at the 2-3 spots. Forget T-Mac and his bad back, never been out of the first round. Forget the other dudes, these four guys can all get the better of the other guy on any given night.

It just so happens that Pierce got the better of both LEBRON and KOBE in a title run.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#244 » by kingkirk » Fri Aug 1, 2008 1:51 pm

Oh dont get me wrong, i love Pierce and me and the fact that he is a 2 way player, im just trying to justify why kobe was outplayed during the finals. Sure, i will concede Paul played him as well as you can play kobe individually, but i do believe the boston team defence needs to be creditted for PP performance on kobe also. Every time Kobe drove the ball 2 celtics were there closing him out, therefore reverting him to his jumper game, where PP thrived in pressuring the shot.

So in summation, i do agree PP had a great series defensively, it juts annoys me how posters deny the rest of the celtics credt for the D played on Kobe in the past finals.
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#245 » by GregB » Fri Aug 1, 2008 2:30 pm

TonyMontana wrote:
HarlemHeat37 wrote:Scarface..I don't understand why you quoted me in your sig..are you actually disagreeing with those 2 statements?..

No not really Harlemhater :lol: I love them, I need to look at them everyday for a good laugh............. its just your such a guinness.
Is that wrong of me to do that, I mean its your posts.

LOL, I didn't know HarlemHeat was a beer. Maybe when you are trying to be sarcastic and insult someone. You could also learn to spell words.
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#246 » by humblebum » Fri Aug 1, 2008 3:03 pm

OK, the Celtics help defense clearly played a part in helping Pierce to slow Kobe down but were the Lakers not supposedly the best offense in the league? If Kobe is sooo much better than Pierce, playing for the best offensive team in the league, shouldn't he have been able to consistently perform at a high level? Again, I think that when TEAMS play great defense, the INDIVIDUALS on that team tend to get overlooked for their great defense, unless of course they come with a reputation for great defense a la Kevin Garnett. Pierce is an elite level defender at both the 2 and 3.

Also people talk about Kobe struggling against the great Celtics defense, but let us not forget that Pierce and company had to deal with extremely stout defenses in rounds two and three. In round 2, Pierce squared off on both ends against the best player in the world in Lebron James. They both stifled each other for much of the series but Pierce, when it counted, stepped up against a great defense and dominated the game offensively (something Kobe, who is supposedly in another league from Pierce, was unable to do :roll: ).

The myth that Kobe is on a different level than the rest of the NBA is just that, a myth. Is he the most complete offensive player? Sure. Is he supremely talented? Definitely. Has he been able to LEAD (be the No. 1 man) on a championship team? No. So in all reality the gap between Pierce and Kobe is a lot smaller than the average fan would assume. Both players have had to rely on dominate 4-5's in order to win a championship. Which brings up the reality that big players, who play closer to the basket, are inherently more important, and thus "better" than perimeter players. Kobe < Duncan... Kobe < Garnett, Kobe < Lebron James (he's like the size of Karl Malone)...
BlazertheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#247 » by BlazertheGreek » Fri Aug 1, 2008 3:42 pm

Simply put..no way Pierce is better than Kobe.....no way. I like Pierce, I really do but please lets be realistic.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#248 » by TonyMontana » Fri Aug 1, 2008 4:57 pm

GregB wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:
HarlemHeat37 wrote:Scarface..I don't understand why you quoted me in your sig..are you actually disagreeing with those 2 statements?..

No not really Harlemhater :lol: I love them, I need to look at them everyday for a good laugh............. its just your such a guinness.
Is that wrong of me to do that, I mean its your posts.

LOL, I didn't know HarlemHeat was a beer. Maybe when you are trying to be sarcastic and insult someone. You could also learn to spell words.

Ohhhhhh Otayyyyyy.
You seriously have no room to talk............... Seriously.
But since your another genius from Bean town..........I waz triyng to tak lik yuuu Boztoninsss.... Yoo knooo . :lol:
While your at it tell me how many times has Pierce made All NBA team? :lol: :lol:
Oh BTW, thanks for Manny to the Dodgers, my Angels sure appreciate that....... :wink:
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#249 » by greenbeans » Fri Aug 1, 2008 5:18 pm

ha! your an angels fan, that explains all the boston hate. hows dave henderson?
Farm Raid
Starter

Post#250 » by Farm Raid » Fri Aug 1, 2008 5:33 pm

shobe_81 wrote:Don't we go through this every year? Blah blah player x is better than Kobe blah blah and what happens? Kobe always stays consistent as a top player.

Sure, but that doesn't mean Kobe is better in that individual season+post season than those guys. I'm looking at people like TMac, Wade, Duncan, Garnett and LeBron in particular, in certain seasons. Other than Duncan and Garnett (and probably down the road LeBron) no one is saying they're better than Kobe all-time.

I mean, there have been seasons when it's pretty clear each of those guys have been better.

Pierce has every right to claim "himself" better than Kobe, but to hear Realgm newbies say it just makes me laugh.

I guess he's got the legal 'right', but PP is in no way better than Bryant career-wise, in any single season, or even in these last Finals. He should've kept his mouth shut, I bet Kobe lights him up next year when they play. Well...if he can get him one-on-one, somehow.

Lock this thread!!! Stupidity is going overboard.

Agreed.
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#251 » by TonyMontana » Fri Aug 1, 2008 5:47 pm

greenbeans wrote:ha! your an angels fan, that explains all the boston hate. hows dave henderson?

:lol: I dont know how Davey boys doing, maybe you should Google him.
But I know my broom that has Red Sox all over it is sitting in my closet FOR NOW until the next sweep. :lol:

Hey while your on google can you tell me how many times has the best player in the league :lol: P.P has made the All NBA team?
So funny how you Bostonians keep on avoiding this question.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#252 » by EvadedHavoc » Fri Aug 1, 2008 6:08 pm

LMAO @ all the Kobe "ball handlers" that infest this thread.

The Lakers lost. The Big three schooled the Small 3 get over it.
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#253 » by thierry » Fri Aug 1, 2008 9:12 pm

Breaking News: Nets sign Tracy McGrady and Tim Duncan.

Vince Carter is the best player in the world now suckas.
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#254 » by TonyMontana » Fri Aug 1, 2008 9:33 pm

EvadedHavoc wrote:LMAO @ all the Kobe "ball handlers" that infest this thread.

The Lakers lost. The Big three schooled the Small 3 get over it.

You should be LYAO at your ignorance since nothing you just posted has anything to do with this thread, but a typical lowblow lowclass peps like you always like to bring up.
But hey I would be happy too if it took my team 20 years to win a Chip....... :lol:
Farm Raid
Starter

Post#255 » by Farm Raid » Fri Aug 1, 2008 9:39 pm

Have you ever contributed to a thread Tony?
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#256 » by magicfan4life05 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 9:49 pm

The last time we saw NBA basketball, he was the best player, he was the best basketball player last standing at the end of the season.

He's coming off a great playoffs that reestablished himself in the league and now he has a ring to show for it.

He was the MVP of the NBA Finals and was the best player last standing.

Nothing more nothing less
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#257 » by TonyMontana » Sat Aug 2, 2008 12:10 am

Farm Raid wrote:Have you ever contributed to a thread Tony?

Let it go Farm Raid we both know what happened the last time you called me out Brah.
Take care.
Farm Raid
Starter

Post#258 » by Farm Raid » Sat Aug 2, 2008 12:16 am

:lol: Serious question: Can you provide me a link to a post you made that was good?
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#259 » by HarlemHeat37 » Sat Aug 2, 2008 12:22 am

hahaha..

I can't blame Scarface though..it's my fault..he's so obsessed with me..he quotes all of my posts..it's probably difficult to think basketball, when all you can think of is HarlemHeat..
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,363

Post#260 » by traps#10 » Sat Aug 2, 2008 12:39 am

IF it wasn't for KG and Ray Allen, Paul Pierce would not even be in the playoffs and therefore would have not won Finals MVP or won a ring... IF KG and Ray Allen wasn't on Boston, we would not be having this conversation PERIOD.

Pierce is not better than Kobe one on one, never will be...

Return to The General Board