MJ Says He Was Better Than Kobe

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

noxe
Starter
And1: 10

Re: MJ Says He Was Better Than Kobe 

Post#201 » by noxe » Sat Aug 2, 2008 7:47 pm

Pierce won't even have to fake an ankle injury, MJ will break it with his 45yr old crossover
Yes folks, above sig/tweet is real!
When asked about the state of his groin injury, Primoz Brezec had the following observation: "The groin is a gangster."
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#202 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Aug 2, 2008 8:29 pm

Pierce won't even have to fake an ankle injury, MJ will break it with his 45yr old crossover

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#203 » by MAQ » Sat Aug 2, 2008 8:44 pm

RockTHECasbah wrote:Pierce is not on his level

hey bro, whats up with your sig? kinda messed up dont you think?
i mean, i know he came back from that fall with not much wrong with him...but he did seriously injure himself on a fall similar to that that almost question his career and quality of life...and to fall like that again...i was terrified for him so i cant imagine how he felt
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#204 » by TonyMontana » Sat Aug 2, 2008 8:53 pm

Baller 24 wrote:Exactly why, plus the fact that he is a pompous arrogant individual.

How care to explain? I mean he's not the one sitting in Spain calling himself the best player in the world.
When has Kobe ever addressed himself as the best in the game or in the world.
If anything he has always addressed LeBron and Wade as one of the best.

Baller 24 wrote:Not to mention the fact that in the beginning of the season he came onto live radio to talk about how he wanted to be traded,

Again, Name one player that's like to lose?
Is Kobe the only one that has asked to be trade in any professional sport that wasnt happy the way the front office ran a team.
No.
K.G wanted to get traded, PP wanted to get trade, TMac, V.C, A.I, Marbury etc .
So why is that Kobe demanded to be traded makes you angry?
Should he have sat in LA and took big money while his team lost year after year and never got passed the first round?
K.G did.
As a Laker fan Im glad Kobe did that, since we were going anywhere with guys like Aron Mckee, Kwame, Brian Cook or Smush.
Im glad Kobe did that, that why the trades happened,that why we got Ariza, D Fish, and Pau.
Can you blame Kobe for that............NO ........... We made it to the finals because of these trades.

Baller 24 wrote:I heard the whole interview and he was talking deeply based on hate, but when the Gasol trade happened the hate somehow disappeared.

Im sorry Baller but you heard wrong, I live in Orange County, which is an hour from LA.
During the whole Kobe ordeal, he never said anything bad about the fans, or the Management or Buss, he spoke about the fact that he is tired of loosing and he felt that Buss and Mitch wasnt doing enought to build this team into contenders, he felt that the Lakers objective was to sell tickets and marketing the team.
He felt that he needed help and at that time players like Bynum wasnt ready to play and that they had a good oppertunity to get J.K for Bynum.
SO what is wrong with that?

Baller 24 wrote:He is a good player, but for the reference I respect only his game, but not the individual.

He isnt just a good player, he is one of the top 5 players in the league, he is in his prime and he feels that with a selection of good players around him and with P.J as a coach that he can lead the Lakers to a few titles before he retires.
But your mixing your personal opinion as a fan of the game and the sport to your personal feeling for Kobe as a person.
I think thats really unfair, since what does a player in a game has to do with your personal feeling towards him as a person?
BuLLzDoMaIn
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#205 » by BuLLzDoMaIn » Sun Aug 3, 2008 1:39 am

CircleCitysportsfan wrote:I may be biased because I watched Jordan play while I was an impressionable teenager, but he was better than Kobe. I don't care to breakdown stats, but let's just say I never seen him get blown out in the close out game of the NBA Finals....TWICE.

It was much harder to score in Jordan's era, hand checking and blood was the norm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5auPSMaD3vE

Kobe is a great, great player too IMO. MJ may have to change his tune when it comes to Lebron in 10-12 years. That guy's a monster.

thank you
ive tried tellin so many kobe fans that.

the nba was way more tougher back in the day.

Return to The General Board