Weezy on Beasley

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy, Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk

Mr. Fundamental
Sophomore
Posts: 189
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 17, 2005

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#101 » by Mr. Fundamental » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:20 am

Joe Budden put this song out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teQC0rKl884
if you like that there is a pat 3 to it if you look on the side.

When it comes to rap its defiantly not what it once was, it has turned very sour. Everyone has their own taste and they will gravitate to what they like. For example I have never liked jay-z but his lyrics and flow are very good and he makes good music but his voice just doesn't sit with me, but i defiantly consider him one of the best ever. However today you have rappers which are straight garbage not just because their voice isnt working with me but their message, style everything is just backwards.

Real rappers are defiantly around its just harder to appeal to the masses when the masses are borderline mentally challenged. Jingles are in now kids love that hibbidty hop crap, they put it on their cellphone and dance around like dumb asses. Its been said before but the mainstream stuff isnt really rap its pop or something really close.

Rap is: Biggie Smalls, Tupac, Big L, Busta Rhymes, Rakim, AZ, Nas, Jay-z, KRS-One, Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg, Jedi Mind Tricks, Masta Ace, Joe Budden, Dr. Dre, Eminem, The Game, Common, Talib Kweli, Ice Cube, Cunnin' Lynguists, Saigon, Immortal Technique, Bone Thugs and Harmony, Murs, Atmosphere, K-Otix, Rugged Man, and countless other quality rappers.

Rap is not: Lil Wayne, Souljah Boy, Lil zane, Laffy taffy, Mims, Ying Yang Twins, Lil John and the Eastside Boys, 50 cent, Tyga, and other weak ass pop stars im not listening to.

One is poetry no dance, a message, the other is **** you have probably heard at a dance at highschool or at a club, i agree that you dont want to listen to deep poetry in a club but thats why they invented techno/trance/house/pop/and anyhting else. This **** doesnt even have the same ancestor as Rap.

Quality music will always be there you just have to look through the cloud of junk for it.
User avatar
BugsBunny
Rookie
Posts: 1,127
And1: 2
Joined: Nov 24, 2006
Location: First.

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#102 » by BugsBunny » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:17 am

Mr. Fundamental wrote:Joe Budden put this song out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teQC0rKl884
if you like that there is a pat 3 to it if you look on the side.

When it comes to rap its defiantly not what it once was, it has turned very sour. Everyone has their own taste and they will gravitate to what they like. For example I have never liked jay-z but his lyrics and flow are very good and he makes good music but his voice just doesn't sit with me, but i defiantly consider him one of the best ever. However today you have rappers which are straight garbage not just because their voice isnt working with me but their message, style everything is just backwards.

Real rappers are defiantly around its just harder to appeal to the masses when the masses are borderline mentally challenged. Jingles are in now kids love that hibbidty hop crap, they put it on their cellphone and dance around like dumb asses. Its been said before but the mainstream stuff isnt really rap its pop or something really close.

Rap is: Biggie Smalls, Tupac, Big L, Busta Rhymes, Rakim, AZ, Nas, Jay-z, KRS-One, Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg, Jedi Mind Tricks, Masta Ace, Joe Budden, Dr. Dre, Eminem, The Game, Common, Talib Kweli, Ice Cube, Cunnin' Lynguists, Saigon, Immortal Technique, Bone Thugs and Harmony, Murs, Atmosphere, K-Otix, Rugged Man, and countless other quality rappers.

Rap is not: Lil Wayne, Souljah Boy, Lil zane, Laffy taffy, Mims, Ying Yang Twins, Lil John and the Eastside Boys, 50 cent, Tyga, and other weak ass pop stars im not listening to.

One is poetry no dance, a message, the other is **** you have probably heard at a dance at highschool or at a club, i agree that you dont want to listen to deep poetry in a club but thats why they invented techno/trance/house/pop/and anyhting else. This **** doesnt even have the same ancestor as Rap.

Quality music will always be there you just have to look through the cloud of junk for it.


IMO, AZ is the best. 8-)
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
Image
User avatar
miamiballer
Head Coach
Posts: 7,332
And1: 41
Joined: May 11, 2002
Location: MIA

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#103 » by miamiballer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:22 pm

dont know how to classify him, but i still love kanye, hes the best IMO
User avatar
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
Posts: 28,687
And1: 7,256
Joined: Sep 17, 2008

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#104 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:16 pm

Storm Surge wrote:Is this thread about basketball or rap music?

Thats what I was wondering as well. Somehow I get the feeling if the thread were about another genre of music, rock/metal for instance, it wouldn't be allowed to go this far on a basketball forum. Whatever. :roll:
User avatar
Ill
RealGM
Posts: 11,795
And1: 1,269
Joined: May 28, 2008
Location: Penguins
   

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#105 » by Ill » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:24 pm

Mr. Fundamental wrote:
Rap is: Biggie Smalls, Tupac, Big L, Busta Rhymes, Rakim, AZ, Nas, Jay-z, KRS-One, Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg, Jedi Mind Tricks, Masta Ace, Joe Budden, Dr. Dre, Eminem, The Game, Common, Talib Kweli, Ice Cube, Cunnin' Lynguists, Saigon, Immortal Technique, Bone Thugs and Harmony, Murs, Atmosphere, K-Otix, Rugged Man, and countless other quality rappers.


theres enough people sleeping on Cunninlynguists...

but just to add a few to yor list, The Roots, Big Daddy Kanye, Public Enemy, De La Soul , Tribe Called Quest, Dead Prez., any member of Wu-Tang Clan, Dead Prez, Eazy-E, Royce da 5'9", Slcik Rick, Mobb Deep in their Infamous Album
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
Posts: 6,570
And1: 6
Joined: Sep 14, 2006

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#106 » by HarlemHeat37 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:21 pm

2Pac and Biggy are both overrated..
Mr. Fundamental
Sophomore
Posts: 189
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 17, 2005

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#107 » by Mr. Fundamental » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:59 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:2Pac and Biggy are both overrated..


I agree with you to some extent but they are the peak of raps popularity and if you ask anybody on a street to name a rapper they will for sure come up with these two names. Of course their legacy has been bloated by the fact that they died, but they were some of the best lyrically and flow-wise rap has ever seen. If Lil Wayne died today he would be remembered as one of the best not because he was but just the fact that we didn't see him echo out of existence. Fact is death will overrate anybody especially when they are in their prime years. Its like meeting your role-model and sitting in a room with him for a whole year after a while doesn't matter how cool he is he is going to get repetitive and become open to making mistakes and looking more human then first thought. That same concept goes with death, too much of someone will devalue them but alot of someone and then nothing will defiantly make them special because of the what if factor.

Flow wise though i dont think anyone is really close to Pac, he was a monster for running parallel with the beat. Lyrics wise though i like Biggie and Big L more then Pac, were they the best ever who knows, most of us who are alive now are clouded by their deaths to make a unbiased answer.

Personally Big L, to me was a monster and if he was still around would be something very similar to what jay-z is now in terms of power.
User avatar
killacalijatt
General Manager
Posts: 9,506
And1: 1,684
Joined: Jul 08, 2006

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#108 » by killacalijatt » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:47 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:2Pac and Biggy are both overrated..


I dont listen to much of Biggie so ion about him

Pac was a poet, hes ryhmes and flow were impeccable, how you going to say Pac is overrated,
I agree that when some one dies that there statues goes onto another level and people just say he was great cuzz hes dead but for the ones that actually did and still do listen to his music now how sick his music really was. Outlawz are sick also Outlaw4Life was a sick album.


WestSide :wordyo:
User avatar
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 10,712
And1: 93
Joined: Dec 08, 2005
 

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#109 » by dflash3 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:14 pm

Mr. Fundamental wrote:If Lil Wayne died today he would be remembered as one of the best not because he was but just the fact that we didn't see him echo out of existence. Fact is death will overrate anybody especially when they are in their prime years. Its like meeting your role-model and sitting in a room with him for a whole year after a while doesn't matter how cool he is he is going to get repetitive and become open to making mistakes and looking more human then first thought. That same concept goes with death, too much of someone will devalue them but alot of someone and then nothing will defiantly make them special because of the what if factor

How would he be considered one of the best when some dont consider him better than Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco, who havent even been on the rap scene as long as he has. Aside from Lil Wayne's die hard fans most people consider him as a rapper who just churns out party tunes. He wouldn't go down in history as one of the rap legends if he passed away today since for rap junkies he examplifies everything that is wrong with the state of rap today. Wayne apologists will give examples of a few songs that are actually decent in content and lyrics, but its not enough to overlook the majority of his music.

On the other hand rappers like Nas or Jay Z have the credentials to become legends in the world of rap due to their contributions to hip hop. Not to mention that Nas and Jay Z rapped in the golden age of rap while Wayne is rapping at a time when rap is at a decline and moving more towards catchy one liners. And to further hurt his status he is one of the main contributors to the pop scene.

But, yea this is not an attack against you since I know you aren't a Wayne fanatic. Just a response to the Wayne freaks who will start talking about how he will go down in history as a legend which is worse than people claiming that he is the best rapper alive.
Image
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 37,238
And1: 8,772
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Pitcher's Mound
     

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#110 » by TyCobb » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:34 pm

Lil Wyte.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
User avatar
Scalabrine
RealGM
Posts: 13,968
And1: 4,120
Joined: Jun 02, 2004
Location: NorCal
     

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#111 » by Scalabrine » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:32 pm

DFolks wrote:What are you smoking, brah!! ^^^^^ Weezy is the best rapper alive, save for Jay-Z.


The fact that Lil Wayne and Kanye West are the most popular rapper in the world shows you how poor peoples taste in music are. I like some of both of their songs but not because they are good rappers, some of them are just catchy with good beats. Lil Wayne barely speaks english.
Go Knicks!
MAQ
RealGM
Posts: 45,150
And1: 2,400
Joined: Feb 28, 2006
Location: Dedication
     

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#112 » by MAQ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:10 am

Scalabrine wrote:The fact Kanye West are the most popular rapper in the world shows you how poor peoples taste in music are. I like some of both of their songs but not because they are good rappers, some of them are just catchy with good beats. Lil Wayne barely speaks english.

see...if you would have said most popular rappers, i might've left this comment alone...

but to say kanye doesnt make good music, that's jsut wrong
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
User avatar
BugsBunny
Rookie
Posts: 1,127
And1: 2
Joined: Nov 24, 2006
Location: First.

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#113 » by BugsBunny » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:30 am

dflash3 wrote:
Mr. Fundamental wrote:If Lil Wayne died today he would be remembered as one of the best not because he was but just the fact that we didn't see him echo out of existence. Fact is death will overrate anybody especially when they are in their prime years. Its like meeting your role-model and sitting in a room with him for a whole year after a while doesn't matter how cool he is he is going to get repetitive and become open to making mistakes and looking more human then first thought. That same concept goes with death, too much of someone will devalue them but alot of someone and then nothing will defiantly make them special because of the what if factor

How would he be considered one of the best when some dont consider him better than Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco, who havent even been on the rap scene as long as he has. Aside from Lil Wayne's die hard fans most people consider him as a rapper who just churns out party tunes. He wouldn't go down in history as one of the rap legends if he passed away today since for rap junkies he examplifies everything that is wrong with the state of rap today. Wayne apologists will give examples of a few songs that are actually decent in content and lyrics, but its not enough to overlook the majority of his music.

On the other hand rappers like Nas or Jay Z have the credentials to become legends in the world of rap due to their contributions to hip hop. Not to mention that Nas and Jay Z rapped in the golden age of rap while Wayne is rapping at a time when rap is at a decline and moving more towards catchy one liners. And to further hurt his status he is one of the main contributors to the pop scene.

But, yea this is not an attack against you since I know you aren't a Wayne fanatic. Just a response to the Wayne freaks who will start talking about how he will go down in history as a legend which is worse than people claiming that he is the best rapper alive.


TRUST ME, if Lil wayne was killed today, HE WILL be remembered as the greatest rapper ever(by media). Sad, i know.
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
Image
CsBsSoxPhins
Head Coach
Posts: 6,219
And1: 1,731
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
     

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#114 » by CsBsSoxPhins » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:40 am

I kind of wonder how much Lil Wayne people listened to before Tha Carter 3 that are making judgements about his rap. I can definitely see how people do not enjoy this album if they are into "true rap". But honestly, I was shocked when I listened to Tha Carter 3 as it is nothing like most of his albums preceding it. I was a little disappointed at first, but the album grew on me.

But still Tha Carter 2 >>> Tha Carter 3

His Dedication mixtapes and Da Drought 3 are very good too IMO.
Image
User avatar
killacalijatt
General Manager
Posts: 9,506
And1: 1,684
Joined: Jul 08, 2006

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#115 » by killacalijatt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:31 am

I never likked wayne even from back in the day the Hot Boys and 5o4 boys watever it was it was still wackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Wackedy wack
500 disease was a wack album and now the Carter 3 is a wack album
User avatar
kd35sneighbor
RealGM
Posts: 14,288
And1: 86
Joined: Jan 02, 2005
Location: OKC Straight UP
Contact:

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#116 » by kd35sneighbor » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:41 am

You guys are hatin on lil Wayne just cause majority of the people like him...... and then say that majority of the people have no taste. Maybe you guys are the ones with bad taste. I've tried to listen to Nas stuff and those other guys that you guys say are the "best" but they are absolute crap and I can't stand listening to their boring ****. Music is for people to dance to, to be entertained by, to sing to. That's what Wayne delivers. unlike your boys who you say are "poets" , just stick to poetry then.
Image
Runnin' these Oklahoma streets. Follow me on Twitter @kd35sneighbor!
User avatar
Hypz
Head Coach
Posts: 6,451
And1: 8
Joined: Apr 12, 2007
Location: Valhalla

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#117 » by Hypz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:15 am

^ Similar view to my own.
CsBsSoxPhins
Head Coach
Posts: 6,219
And1: 1,731
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
     

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#118 » by CsBsSoxPhins » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 am

killacalijatt wrote:I never likked wayne even from back in the day the Hot Boys and 5o4 boys watever it was it was still wackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Wackedy wack
500 disease was a wack album and now the Carter 3 is a wack album

I even agree with this post. It was not very good. But he grew a lot since those albums and when he released his first Carter cd he showed his new maturity.

I am a big fan of Lil Wayne, more of his older stuff but still cannot wait for the release of Dedication 3.

Just as a ps I am also a fan of the rappers many people listed on here such as Nas, 2pac, and Biggie.
Image
Mr. Fundamental
Sophomore
Posts: 189
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 17, 2005

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#119 » by Mr. Fundamental » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:31 am

B_Roy wrote:You guys are hatin on lil Wayne just cause majority of the people like him...... and then say that majority of the people have no taste. Maybe you guys are the ones with bad taste. I've tried to listen to Nas stuff and those other guys that you guys say are the "best" but they are absolute crap and I can't stand listening to their boring ****. Music is for people to dance to, to be entertained by, to sing to. That's what Wayne delivers. unlike your boys who you say are "poets" , just stick to poetry then.


Then you are not a rap fan and shouldn't be labeling Lil Wayne as rapper. He maybe something you can bust a two step to but he is not a "poet" as you refer them. I have no problem with your opinion, but what i do have a problem with is the majority of people saying that Lil Wayne is a rapper.

Justin Timberlake makes catchy music that people enjoying dancing to, but he isn't a rapper and if he was referred to as one im sure most true rap listeners would have a problem with this.

Lil Wayne falls in the same category as Akon, T-pain, 112, Neyo, Chris Brown, and many countless clones.

At his best he is background music to a rap song that's it. Just refer to My Life- The Game featuring Lil Wayne, he didnt rap he was just a background chorus and that's it, and that was probably his best song.

As for Kanye West he is not a rapper he is in some hybrid of pop which is rap leaning. That genre is starting to get bigger, you have a guy like Kid Cudi who is very similar. They are not rapping in the classical sense, they are rapping its usually slower over a upbeat happier beat, and their subject matter is less ghetto influenced. I think there is room for all this music to coexist and keep putting out good tunes i just feel it butchers the history of a music form when you mis-categroize something in a genera and refer to it as something it isn't.
User avatar
DFolks
Veteran
Posts: 2,859
And1: 111
Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Location: CHICAGO, illinois

Re: Weezy on Beasley 

Post#120 » by DFolks » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:06 pm

bosFcelts wrote:I kind of wonder how much Lil Wayne people listened to before Tha Carter 3 that are making judgements about his rap. I can definitely see how people do not enjoy this album if they are into "true rap". But honestly, I was shocked when I listened to Tha Carter 3 as it is nothing like most of his albums preceding it. I was a little disappointed at first, but the album grew on me.

But still Tha Carter 2 >>> Tha Carter 3

His Dedication mixtapes and Da Drought 3 are very good too IMO.


I sure listened to WeezyFolks before the carter 3...the carter is his 3rd best album behind carter 2 and The Drought Is Over mixtapes #'s 2-6. the 1st carter was the awesome as well. fireman, go dj, fly in fly out , oh no, best rapper alive, tha mobb, hustler music, and this is the carter from the carter 2 are some of the best rap tracks ever. listen to those songs if you havn't and he was and still is a beast. His flow changed its more southern im high on lean and kush but still gangsta hood, then straight hood like it used to be. His style has changed for better and for worse, just depends who you ask.

Mixtapes are usually music that an artist doesn' want to put in an album, wants to get feedback for a song they created, OR using beats from fasmous songs and freestyling a remix so it is like their own song... Wayne is the best and the 1st mainstream guy to successful get people to hear his rhymes from crazy beats of other poeple's song. i think all us rap fans have wanted to know what ____x_ would sound like in ____x__ song, and weezy started doing this. I think this is actually where he started gaining his most fans...

But, i look at both perspectives and understand some of weezy's mixtapes songs are trash and then thats why trhere is something called a next track button

Return to The General Board