Greg Oden already hurt.

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy, Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 71,068
And1: 12,957
Joined: Oct 14, 2003
 

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#141 » by tsherkin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 pm

TheRaptor, everyone else... keep this on-topic.

Anymore of this Portland vs. Toronto crap, I lock the thread. Any personal attacks, I lock the thread.

Non-compliance will be met with official warnings, with further steps taken as necessary.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,496
And1: 1,298
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:
   

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#142 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:06 pm

What a ridiculous thread. What do you say we wait to hear what the doctors say before you start throwing Oden, the Blazers and their fans under the bus. And TheRaptor talking about Karma... are you kidding me?
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
User avatar
Nothingface
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,322
And1: 8
Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Location: Spinward Marches

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#143 » by Nothingface » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:16 pm

Guys, try to ignore TheRaptor. The Raptor board does.
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
Dinty
Banned User
Posts: 229
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
Location: Clutch City

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#144 » by Dinty » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:57 pm

EGame wrote:It truley is a sad world we live in when people are happy and excited a man who has done nothing, but act very humble gets injured just because of a few select fans. Very few people show little compassion now and days and it makes me sick. I honestly hope some of you change your ways in life because their is nothing funny about a guy getting injured when all he wants to do is play the sport he loves, but cannot do it because of some bad luck. A lot of these posters make me sick.

Of course he would act humble, he hasn't done squat in the NBA yet. If he was acting cocky and arrogant without having done anything before it, then he would be called a Blazer's fan.
NBAMAN2006
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,007
And1: 1
Joined: Sep 23, 2005

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#145 » by NBAMAN2006 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:08 am

Nice job of staying on topic Dinty.
Dinty
Banned User
Posts: 229
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
Location: Clutch City

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#146 » by Dinty » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:16 am

NBAMAN2006 wrote:Nice job of staying on topic Dinty.

Atleast I mention Oden in my post... your post was completely off topic on the other hand.
NBAMAN2006
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,007
And1: 1
Joined: Sep 23, 2005

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#147 » by NBAMAN2006 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:20 am

I am just saying, there is no need to make widespread generalizations about a fan base, simply because of a few eccentric posters.

But as for Oden. Reports are coming out of Portland that both X-Rays were negative. The MRI report has yet to be released. It seems likley that his ability to play ~5 minutes after the initial injury coupled with these two negative X-Rays indicates a medium grade sprain. Hopefully he is only out a week or so.

The worst thing that can come out of this is Oden being really, really down on himself. He takes his inability to help the team and please the fan base really seriously. I wish the kid the best of luck and a speedy recovery. He is a great guy and deserves it.
Dinty
Banned User
Posts: 229
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
Location: Clutch City

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#148 » by Dinty » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:24 am

NBAMAN2006 wrote:I am just saying, there is no need to make widespread generalizations about a fan base, simply because of a few eccentric posters. .

Ok, yea. You're right about this.
thegreatblaze
Banned User
Posts: 4,684
And1: 2
Joined: Jun 16, 2008

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#149 » by thegreatblaze » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:29 am

Breaking: Oden out 2-4 weeks with an avulsion fracture in his ankle.

****
NBAMAN2006
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,007
And1: 1
Joined: Sep 23, 2005

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#150 » by NBAMAN2006 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:34 am

Its not great news, but it certainly isnt terrible.

Really, it could have been alot worse. I hear Sasha Vujacic had the same injury and was back quite soon.
thegreatblaze
Banned User
Posts: 4,684
And1: 2
Joined: Jun 16, 2008

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#151 » by thegreatblaze » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:36 am

NBAMAN2006 wrote:Its not great news, but it certainly isnt terrible.

Really, it could have been alot worse. I hear Sasha Vujacic had the same injury and was back quite soon.


Yep, totally agree.

Too bad we have a brutal schedule during that time frame though.
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,878
And1: 11,077
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#152 » by dockingsched » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:37 am

sasha was diagnosed with the injury i believe after the 1st pre season game and was back for the last pre season game. his injury was actually from last season and he played with it without anyone knowing it. it was only discovered after he sprained his ankle and went in for an mri.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
10scott10
Veteran
Posts: 2,946
And1: 40
Joined: Apr 28, 2006

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#153 » by 10scott10 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:48 am

dcash4 wrote:sasha was diagnosed with the injury i believe after the 1st pre season game and was back for the last pre season game. his injury was actually from last season and he played with it without anyone knowing it. it was only discovered after he sprained his ankle and went in for an mri.

I recall, that sasha had a bad ankle sprain early last season, that kept him out about 2-3 weeks. that might have been when the fracture happened.

also, oden weighs 100 pounds more than sasha.
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
User avatar
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 40,216
And1: 1,809
Joined: Aug 30, 2004
Contact:
       

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#154 » by 5DOM » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:55 am

OdenRoyLMA2 wrote:Breaking: Oden out 2-4 weeks with an avulsion fracture in his ankle.

****


that's longer than i expected.
he must feel terrible.
hopefully it's 2 weeks
Image
User avatar
TheRaptor!
General Manager
Posts: 7,609
And1: 3,371
Joined: Apr 15, 2007

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#155 » by TheRaptor! » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:27 am

My bad, there must be a couple of blazer fans who coincidently in the same thread must have went overboard with the dynasty comments and it left a bad impression.

I know not all Blazer fans are horrible and homers.

As i've said before, I have Portland as one of my fav teams.
User avatar
TheRaptor!
General Manager
Posts: 7,609
And1: 3,371
Joined: Apr 15, 2007

Re: Greg Oden already hurt. 

Post#156 » by TheRaptor! » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:29 am

Nothingface wrote:Guys, try to ignore TheRaptor. The Raptor board does.


Speak for yourself.

Return to The General Board