David Lee

Moderators: Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, bwgood77, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy

supergallinari
Banned User
Posts: 2,217
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 05, 2008

Re: David Lee 

Post#81 » by supergallinari » Tue Dec 9, 2008 4:29 am

GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX wrote:Im already under the assumption that Curry will not opt out of his deal. Like it was speculated he cant recover the money from another team and no sane person would leave that money on the table, especially with his lack of desire to actually play the game.

I have faith in Walsh to get a deal done. All the Knicks really need back is an expiring contract and maybe a second round pick. He's still relatively young and Walsh already deleted close to 30 million in cap space. The 2010 plan is still on to get two or possibly 3 free agents. In Walsh I trust


curry cant recover 11 mil dollars as a 27 year old center?
no team will give him mle for a few years?

look at what others teams 7fters are getting
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,137
And1: 2,158
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: David Lee 

Post#82 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Dec 9, 2008 4:39 am

The only way I see Curry opting out is if Dolan pulls him into a back room and says, "Eddie, we want you to opt out. We know you would be leaving a lot of money on the table and there is no way to legally give you money to opt out and if we hand you, let's say, 5 or 6 million dollars to opt out, there will be a serious paper trail. So I'll tell you what Eddy, instead, if you opt out we will give you this painting valued at over 5 million dollars and set you up with a billonaire tycoon buyer that can give you the cash without there being a viable paper trail. OK? OK!".
Now the only reason that wouldn't happen, is the fact Curry is so stupid he wouldn't launder the money correctly and get caught.
Image
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User
Posts: 1,764
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 25, 2006

Re: David Lee 

Post#83 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Tue Dec 9, 2008 5:04 am

There will not be an opt out by Eddie. The Knicks will have to trade his ass to get rid of him.
User avatar
andyhop
Veteran
Posts: 2,929
And1: 769
Joined: May 08, 2007
   

Re: David Lee 

Post#84 » by andyhop » Tue Dec 9, 2008 5:25 am

supergallinari wrote:
andyhop wrote:Curry isn't going to opt out because he has the perfect deal for himself, he is going to get paid $20m and he doesn't even have to pretend to want to play basketball.


well he would be extremely dumb not to play for a new deal as a 27 yr old 7 ft center


Yes he would but we are talking about Curry so I don't see what your point is
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,137
And1: 2,158
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: David Lee 

Post#85 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:29 am

For all you David Lee fanboys, checkout the matchup tonight vs. Brook lopez, comes on in 10 minutes.
Image
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NetsForce
Banned User
Posts: 20,711
And1: 24
Joined: Dec 27, 2006

Re: David Lee 

Post#86 » by NetsForce » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:38 am

Unless David Lee is getting garbage stats he's not getting any stats.
User avatar
Scalabrine
RealGM
Posts: 14,031
And1: 4,201
Joined: Jun 02, 2004
Location: NorCal
     

Re: David Lee 

Post#87 » by Scalabrine » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:19 am

NetsForce wrote:I get the feeling that people around the league overvalue Lee, so in all honesty if he gets something like $9-$10 mil a year this offseason I wouldn't be surprised.

Someone is going to overpay Lee and then be kicking themselves in the face when they realize they blew so much money on a role player.


Who is going to sign this guy for 9 or 10 million. Walsh will not outbid himself which is why he hasnt been extended yet. If someone wants to give him 9 or 10 million hes gone but he loves playing in NY and other teams that will have cap space are teams he will likely not want to sign with. I feel like being a FA the year before the "Big Free Agent Class of 2010" comes is an advantage to the Knicks, is someone gonna offer Lee 60 million over 6 years when they could possibly wait a year and get someone like Jason Richardson.

Lee will get a contract in between 5 and 8 million and if hes with the Knicks next year I wouldnt be surprised if the contract was loaded where he would either be getting alot of money up front or alot of money in the back of his contract to give as much flexibility in 2010 as possible.
Go Knicks!

Return to The General Board