Eric Snow: The Iverson Whisperer?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Re: Eric Snow: The Iverson Whisperer? 

Post#21 » by RutgersBJJ » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:57 pm

kanye made me wait 4 hours for his ass, and I was in the first row at Roo. Luckily i was high as **** so I didn't even know it took him four hours to get on stage until I read that. I threw some glow sticks at him though, so I feel like we are even.

but then he went and made this terrible new trash, so now, I hope he plays Roo next year, because I am going to throw battery acid at him.

oh, and yes, it is pretty obvious Iverson needs to play SG, but in order to to that he needs a PG that can guard a SG. Which is why Eric Snow was perfect.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Ill
RealGM
And1: 1,275

Post#22 » by Ill » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:32 pm

kanye west is god
SPuL
Senior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by SPuL » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:38 pm

AI isn't a SG either, because there isn't a SG in the league that he can guard.

What AI needs to is play PG like a SG.. With a great playmaker next to him at sg/sf.. Like say, lebron or wade
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#24 » by Buck You » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:57 pm

It's so obvious and yet, Iverson only played SG like once in his career. Why is that? Is Iverson too stupid to realize it, or are the coaches too scared to talk to Iverson to tell him to move to sg? Will Iverson never move from pg to sg just like Alfonso Soriano won't move from the 1st spot in the Cubs batting order? Is Iverson stubborn?
GenericUsername
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#25 » by GenericUsername » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:48 pm

No, Kanye is the voice of this decade of this generation, he even said so himself.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#26 » by Throwback24 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:03 pm

Ye does suck.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
KRANG
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#27 » by KRANG » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Eric Snow don't be aggressive.......... be dominant !!!
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,882
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#28 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:09 pm

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:It's so obvious and yet, Iverson only played SG like once in his career. Why is that? Is Iverson too stupid to realize it, or are the coaches too scared to talk to Iverson to tell him to move to sg? Will Iverson never move from pg to sg just like Alfonso Soriano won't move from the 1st spot in the Cubs batting order? Is Iverson stubborn?

No, he just never plays for teams that have a big point guard that can guard 2's. Camby for Hinrich was a match made in heaven for both teams.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,247

Post#29 » by RRFB » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:11 pm

AIfan3 wrote:This has been obvious since day 1.. AI's a SG.. he creates the most mismatches at SG.. He can play off the ball and attack much easier at SG. He's been playing out of position for the last few seasons now..

Umm AI played the SG throughout his entire stint in Denver.

Yeah he creates offensive mismatches, but whats worse is that he also creates defensive mismatches that are not in his favor. There isn't a true 2 guard in the league that he can defend. The only player you can put next to Iverson to have a successful backcourt would have to be a fairly tall (6'4"+) guard that can handle the ball, defend opposing 2's and consistently shoot the long ball. Problem is, theres not many of those in the league... good luck finding one, cause we couldn't do it.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#30 » by john2jer » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:13 pm

CPBalla2003 n da 863 wrote:Yea, i could see Stuckey working nice to Iverson, he looks better at the 2 position, i didn't think Pistons would struggle this badly with him, even though its still early, and Iverson and the pistons will come around.

LMAO at Kanye West sucks, top three lyricist out right now.....

I think that says more about the state of music today than it does of Kanye's talent.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,882
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#31 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:48 pm

RRFB wrote:
AIfan3 wrote:This has been obvious since day 1.. AI's a SG.. he creates the most mismatches at SG.. He can play off the ball and attack much easier at SG. He's been playing out of position for the last few seasons now..

Umm AI played the SG throughout his entire stint in Denver.

Yeah he creates offensive mismatches, but whats worse is that he also creates defensive mismatches that are not in his favor. There isn't a true 2 guard in the league that he can defend. The only player you can put next to Iverson to have a successful backcourt would have to be a fairly tall (6'4"+) guard that can handle the ball, defend opposing 2's and consistently shoot the long ball. Problem is, theres not many of those in the league... good luck finding one, cause we couldn't do it.

COUGH* hinrich*COUGH*

I think Chicago would have done it to with Rose coming out on fire. They clear space for 2010, and get a frontcourt player, who albeit is overrated, but still would be a big help now.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
bigball123
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#32 » by bigball123 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:54 am

This "Theory" was experimented last night. even though Rodney Stuckey isn't a veteran PG, they started AI at the 2 with Stuckey takin' the ropes. But it resulted in a Loss to one of the worst teams in the east. Looks like AI is just simply a cancer!
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#33 » by sule » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:26 am

Kanye is garbage...

that said, i wouldn't mind signing him this off-season to the raptors.
Clangus
Banned User

Post#34 » by Clangus » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:29 am

sixersphan1128 wrote:Can Kanye play the 1? Maybe he could help AI and the Pistons?

RAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAH
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#35 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:46 am

Love lockdown is an AWFUL song
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
rutheredfox
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by rutheredfox » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:37 am

kanye west is the face of hip hop. as much as he is mainstream, he transformed the music genre entirely, making hip hop more accessible to the general population. If Q-tip approves of Kanye, so should you. I know there are better rappers, but producing wise, i don't think there's a better producer.
Mr Awesome
Junior

Post#37 » by Mr Awesome » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:31 pm

bigball123 wrote:This "Theory" was experimented last night. even though Rodney Stuckey isn't a veteran PG, they started AI at the 2 with Stuckey takin' the ropes. But it resulted in a Loss to one of the worst teams in the east. Looks like AI is just simply a cancer!

As judged by one game? AI isn't a cancer, he just doesn't fit the Pistons. Both Detroit and Denver traded for the guy and then tried to change the way he's been playing for his whole career. He needs to be given the ball and told to just go out there and do what he does. The Pistons traded for AI and thought they could turn him into Billups. For some reason teams always think they can turn him into some conservative, pure PG or something. It's not his game and never has been.
Im pretty freakin awesome........
bigball123
Veteran

Post#38 » by bigball123 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:09 pm

Mr Awesome wrote:
bigball123 wrote:This "Theory" was experimented last night. even though Rodney Stuckey isn't a veteran PG, they started AI at the 2 with Stuckey takin' the ropes. But it resulted in a Loss to one of the worst teams in the east. Looks like AI is just simply a cancer!

As judged by one game? AI isn't a cancer, he just doesn't fit the Pistons. Both Detroit and Denver traded for the guy and then tried to change the way he's been playing for his whole career. He needs to be given the ball and told to just go out there and do what he does. The Pistons traded for AI and thought they could turn him into Billups. For some reason teams always think they can turn him into some conservative, pure PG or something. It's not his game and never has been.

I probably should of rephrased that, you're right. He is a cancer to the Pistons. It proves that the Pistons giving up an unselfish player in Chauncey was a wrong move, as the Pistons already have a group of scorers, and didn't really need one more. The pistons were off to a great start at the beginning of the year, and ever since Iverson, they have gone drastically south, while the Nuggets continue to improve. After last night's performance by Melo, he said of Chauncey "The encouragement from such a veteran was great (referring to him being able to keep taking shots), this is something that I have never experienced in my 5 years of playing."

Return to The General Board