Phoenix Not Done, Nash Going Back to Canada?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,785

Re: Phoenix Not Done, Nash Going Back to Canada? 

Post#21 » by RoyceDa59 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:26 pm

I dont see the point of this trade from either teams point of view. Phoenix gets younger, but less talented yet they are in a win now mode. Toronto gets older and more talented, but they arn't in a position to to win yet. This trade would make more sense if it was going the other way, and Phoenix was getting Nash and Toronto was getting Calderon and Kapono.

No deal.
Go Raps!!
|||-Abaddon-|||
Senior
And1: 48

Post#22 » by |||-Abaddon-||| » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:46 pm

Why do the suns need Nash?

If the Suns want to run their offense through the post, it diminishes the need for a great pg.

All they need is a PG who can hit the open mid-range and three-point shot, as well as distribute well. This is Calderon's game. Kapano would only revitalize his career in PHX.

BTW, I have no doubt in my mind that this is a fake trade. No way this happens, horrible for Raptors.
The Main Event
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#23 » by The Main Event » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:10 pm

lalalisa wrote:This can't be true. It would be even worse than getting Shaq's fatass contract. I don't see how losing Nash the very heart and soul of the team for two borderline nothing players would make them better at all.

You're obviously sour.
"A particular shot or way of moving the ball can be a player's personal signature, but efficiency of performance is what wins the game for the team."
- Pat Riley
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,453

Post#24 » by Stix » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:30 pm

This rumor has no legs whatsoever... probably just mere speculation by the OP. :-?
HootieRules
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#25 » by HootieRules » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:05 pm

LOL no
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#26 » by SabasRevenge! » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:11 pm

I hope PHX could get a little more for Nash...
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#27 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:23 pm

I think this guy likes to pull rumors out his a**
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#28 » by Hypz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:33 pm

WTF I wouldn't do that trade as Toronto. Mad rip-off.
lakerfan10770
Starter
And1: 3

Post#29 » by lakerfan10770 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:06 pm

ponder276 wrote:
TradeMachine wrote:
Spex wrote:Jose is BYC.

Finally, someone said it.

Indeed, as with most BYC players there are very few trades involving Calderon that actually work, and Nash for Calderon + Kapono is certainly not one of them - Toronto still needs to add more salary.

All Toronto needs to add is one minimum salary player, which is not a big deal at all, and the trade would work. BYC makes completing trades more complicated, but when there is a large amount of salary being exchanged it becomes much less of an issue.

As far as if this deal realistic, I am not sure, but it does seem like a lot of salary for Phoenix to take on. In the J-Rich trade the Suns actually saved 555K in salary this year and about $4.4M in future salary (it was similar in the Shaq/Matrix trade as well). It seems to me that when Kerr makes deals, he is not only looking to change the team but to save some money as well. This deal would add quite a bit of salary to the team.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#30 » by magnumt » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:41 pm

I see many liking this for Toronto, but if this goes through, I'd think it'd be good for the Suns.

Both Kapono and Calderon can run, and with their recent acquisition of J-Rich would form a great backcourt of Calderon and J-Rich, and would be even better if they run with JC-JRich-LB, as all 3 can get out in the open court.

With that being said, all of these recent trades and rumors go counter to Kerr's 1st big move in Phoenix last Year: Trading for Shaq. Then he followed it up with letting D'Antoni go. Had he kept Marion, and MD...and gone through with these 2 Trades, they would have one hell of a fastbreak 3-point shooting Team.

PG: Calderon
SG: Barbosa
SF: J-Rich
PF: Marion
C: Amare

With Kapono, Hill, Barnes, and Lopez off the Bench.

Going back to my prior point, all of Kerr's recent thought process, and by the current (Amare), and departed (Diaw) Player's reactions to the current Suns System, he seems like he doesn't know what the hell he wants. He's acquiring Players (or potential players), that go counter to his other moves. The fast paced guys like J-Rich, Kapono, and Calderon don't really fit with the slower Porter and Shaq.

On a final note, man oh man how good Kapono and Calderon would look in NY alongside passing PG Chris Duhon in D'Anotnio's System...as well as their recently acquired players (Harrington and Thomas).

And I guess the Raps would also shed some future Salary )along with JO's upcomming expiring deal), to hopefully try an appease Bosh by 2010.
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#31 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:46 pm

amare would kill himself.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#32 » by rsavaj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:48 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:amare would kill himself.

Eventually. First he'd be ecstatic that there's one less star ahead of him on the pecking order, and his ego would somehow get even larger, but then he'd say, "Wait a minute, why is is so hard to score now?" and realize that his #s would go down, thereby lowering his stock for the 2010 bonanza.

And then he'd probably say, "that's not gangsta" and then demand a trade.
Chandler55
Pro Prospect
And1: 341

Post#33 » by Chandler55 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:53 pm

one reason the raptors do it is they'll have effectively the same amount of caproom as the knicks in 2010

and nash would be the type of player who would resign at the vet minimum with the raptors, leaving room for bosh and another star to come
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#34 » by 10scott10 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:08 pm

durka wrote:i declare shenanigans...

shenanigans, I say
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#35 » by 6_Rings » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:09 pm

if the canucks could they would. everybody loves the hometown hero.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#36 » by GIVE_WADE_THE_MAX » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:34 pm

10scott10 wrote:
durka wrote:i declare shenanigans...

shenanigans, I say

have to love the Canadian imagination though.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#37 » by Blame Rasho » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:52 pm

I call complete and utter b/s on this idea...
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#38 » by Volcano » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:53 pm

so Toronto goes from having two young, solid point guards to one old fading point guard with maybe around 2 years left?

I'm not so sure about having Nash without D'Antoni's system..is he going to improve Toronto by that much? Also, Toronto's problem is their wing players, not their point guard.

If Ukic can develop to be a good player eventually and Nash resigns for vet min, then I'll like this trade.

BTW..there was a rumour like this on the Raptor's board...I think it was from a newspaper article. So that's two separate sources coming up with this rumour.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=860086
vado
Analyst
And1: 2,172

Post#39 » by vado » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:08 pm

I would love Nash to come to Toronto but I don't think we would have enough players after the trade. We are tight with cap room for this season so I don't think we'll see anything big unless it's creative. On another note, with Calderon I don't think Amare's production would drop that much...Jose is pretty good on the pick and roll with Bosh I think he'd be able to figure it out with Amare.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#40 » by TheRaptor! » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:15 pm

I have to admit that I'm hearing more and more about Nash coming to toronto, its not likely but possible.

Return to The General Board