Charles Barkley, admit you are wrong

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

GJense4181
Banned User
And1: 3

Re: Charles Barkley, admit you are wrong 

Post#41 » by GJense4181 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:06 am

A team will never win a championship with Jameer Nelson as the starting PG
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#42 » by Duiz » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:39 am

garcia3 wrote:Jameer Nelson? are you serious? dude...frankly...

Thanks

:lol:
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#43 » by Manocad » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 am

The_Answer wrote:No offense, but Billups>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stuckey in every aspect of the game except for possibly finishing at the rim. The drop of from Chauncey to Rodney is so great, I don't even know where to begin.

j-ragg wrote:Isn't bright enough to fear Stuckey? What kind of (Please Use More Appropriate Word) comment is that? :lol:

Stuckey is good but I don't think he strikes fear in my eyes. AI, on the other hand, scored 60 points on us before.

Jameer Nelson - 9 pts, 0 assists, 1 rebound, 2 turnovers
Rodney Stuckey - 19 pts, 4 assists, 5 rebounds, 1 turnover

You were saying? Tell Jameer to have the french maid outfit laundered before he brings it back.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#44 » by princeofpalace » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:16 am

^
Dont forget Nelsons 5 fouls
CHIMOCHI
Starter

Post#45 » by CHIMOCHI » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:27 am

This is a perfect example of keeping your thoughts to yourself.

LOL at Thread Title
u mad?
CHIMOCHI
Starter

Post#46 » by CHIMOCHI » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:29 am

Manocad wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:
Manocad wrote:Jameer Nelson still has nightmare flashbacks of Chauncey Billups. He's gonna LOVE facing Rodney Stuckey.

Jameer has pretty much owned Tony Parker and Chris Paul in the last 2 weeks. I doubt he is shaking over Rodney Stuckey. Stuck is a nice player, but I think I speak for all Magic fans when I say I am very glad Billups is no longer in Detroit.

Jameer Nelson isn't bright enough to fear Rodney Stuckey; that's why Billups abused him so badly--he never learned to adapt. Stuckey is bigger and stronger than BIlups and will have Nelson in a French maid's outfit by the end of the game tomorrow.

wow, you're good? :D
u mad?
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#47 » by MagicFan32 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:35 am

Oh noes Jameer had his first bad game in a month after being hurt on Saturday.

We will crown Stuckey as Dwayne Wade with a better shot...now.
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#48 » by Manocad » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:59 am

MagicFan32 wrote:Oh noes Jameer had his first bad game in a month after being hurt on Saturday.

We will crown Stuckey as Dwayne Wade with a better shot...now.

Except that this thread isn't about talking s**t about how good Stuckey is. It's about talking s**t about how good Jameer is. I said he wouldn't be good against Stuckey, and I was right. Don't try to turn my words into some claim that Stuckey is anything other than another big guard who will rape Jameer Nelson on a regular basis. Jameer has had some good games, but he is what he is. Get used to it.
Kosar86
Assistant Coach
And1: 33

Post#49 » by Kosar86 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:23 am

MagicFan32 wrote:About Jameer Nelson.

Now.

You have said Orlando doesn't have a PG.

BS.

He is one of the most efficient players in the entire league. over 50 percent from the field, 45 percent from 3. In December he's averaging 20 points, 6 assists, 2 turnovers and 2 steals on 58 from the field and an incredible 61 percent from 3.

He may not be a 'pure' PG but he is as efficient and effective as they come after you get past the tier of Paul and Williams.

And he has a picture perfect shot, great technique.

Hmm, I love magic fans logic, say someone is wrong for describing a player who's scoring average has dropped (and it wasnt high to begin with) for 3 consecutive years...because it is up for 20+ games.
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#50 » by JoshB914 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:39 am

These Magic threads are singlehandedly making me hate that team. Do something in the playoffs and then we'll talk.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,981

Post#51 » by BDM22 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:02 am

The_Answer wrote:No offense, but Billups>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stuckey in every aspect of the game except for possibly finishing at the rim. The drop of from Chauncey to Rodney is so great, I don't even know where to begin.

Meh, not so much. Chauncey has a much better 3-ball and FT stroke, and is the better floor leader at this point (obviously, Stuck has 10 years less experience). But Stuck's got him in just about every other aspect of the game.

I would say Chauncey's floor leadership tips the scale in his favor at this point, but Stuckey is well beyond what Billups was at this point in his career. And at the rate Stuckey is improving, it is just a matter of time before this matchup goes Stuckey's way without hesitation. Pistons are 13-3 with Stuckey starting in his career despite the jacked up small ball lineups this season.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,331

Post#52 » by MagicMadness » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:13 am

JoshB914 wrote:These Magic threads are singlehandedly making me hate that team. Do something in the playoffs and then we'll talk.

In our defense, it's basically the same poster who keeps posting these Magic threads, not all of us.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#53 » by SpeedyG » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:09 am

J_Magic wrote:Wtf man...every time the Magic win or something good happens...you make a new thread on the General Board. Why not post in the NBA game thread?

Because he's a Magic fan.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,337

Post#54 » by DelaneyRudd » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:20 am

So... am I to understand at some point in the recent past TV commentator and former NBA superstar Charles Barkley made unflattering comments about a player on the OP's favorite professional Basketball team? I see.

Return to The General Board