Match ups?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

joe.linnen
Banned User
And1: 0

Match ups? 

Post#1 » by joe.linnen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:35 am

what is you teams best and worst match up?

The Lakers match up well with jus about anybody.
JordanL
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Re: Match ups? 

Post#2 » by JordanL » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:03 am

GENERIC ANTI-LAKER POST.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#3 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:37 am

Hornets match up well against the Rockets, fail against Utah
Clangus
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Clangus » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:56 am

The Thunder matchup well against.....ah..... Toronto, Minnesota and Memphis.
lol

PG offensively Westbrook creates issues with his speeda nd offensive rebounding. But turns it over against strong defensive PG's

SG - we have nothing here and get torched all the time on both ends

SF - Durant seems to be a tough matchup for everyone. He has great height and Length. He is a little weak and gets pushed around a bit by big SF's like LBJ, Carmello etc. But overall he is the only matchup we'll usually get the better side of.

PF - game to game its different. Some games Green plays great - (see 33 against the Spurs ) and others poorly. It depends which green and Wilcox show up.

C - PWNED in the face and pants here every dam night. and not just by decent teams - by scrubs too.
maxwellcu
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#5 » by maxwellcu » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:21 am

Denver matches up absolutely horribly against LAL. I don't know why - other than the fact that their team is a bit more talented and waaaay better coaches - but when the Nuggets play the Lakers it is usually extremely ugly.

OTOH, Nuggs match up pretty damn well with Dallas, I'd feel very confident playing them in a playoff series. Dirk gets abused by Nene in that matchup and 'Melo and JR go off... For whatever reason the Mavs, even two years ago when they were amazing, never seemed all that scary.
Killua
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Killua » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:36 am

joe.linnen wrote:what is you teams best and worst match up?

Lol Lakers for some reason match up bad vs the Jailblazzers. I dont know what is it about them but they tend to have our number when they play at home. Thats the team that most gets me nervuse for the playoffs. outside of that yeah we do match up great with everyone else. The team we match up best with is NO. NO has almost no chance to beat the Lakers unless they get lucky just cuz of match up. Our Def is designed to flat out stop the NO offense(I know ima get a lot of heat from NO fans but its just the way i see it).
EtchenBa
Starter
And1: 573

Post#7 » by EtchenBa » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:44 am

Killua wrote:

Lol Lakers for some reason match up bad vs the Jailblazzers. I dont know what is it about them but they tend to have our number when they play at home. Thats the team that most gets me nervuse for the playoffs. outside of that yeah we do match up great with everyone else. The team we match up best with is NO. NO has almost no chance to beat the Lakers unless they get lucky just cuz of match up. Our Def is designed to flat out stop the NO offense(I know ima get a lot of heat from NO fans but its just the way i see it).

it's because the teams are built the same...plus portland's crowd gets WAYYYYYYY into it because we hate the Lakers.

Roy = Poor man's Kobe...seriously. Good at everything, no true weakness, Kobe is just better at everything than Roy.

Aldridge and Gasol are both finesse power forwards.

SF is filled by a good role player and it's funny that Outlaw and Odom, both the bench SFs are the scapegoats for each team.

Two potentially great centers. The young of the dying breed of "true" centers.

Very solid and consistent PGs that do what they are asked to do.

Both benches are great too, probably #1 and #2 in the league...even has the nice matchup of "overrated flopping euro-chuckers" in Rudy vs Sasha.

When Portland is at home and super fired up, since the positions are so similar, they just might outplay the Lakers.
witnessmoboobie
Sixth Man
And1: 172

Post#8 » by witnessmoboobie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:33 am

Cavs
If Im not including the bottom of the barrel from every year (Wolves, Cats, etc), I would say that they match up well against the Wizards (don't include the other night)
They have lots of trouble against the Spurs (a la 2006), they have never been able to slow down Parker- maybe this will be the year, considering I picked them to take down the Spurs in the finals in 6 games
Is Larry Hughes having fun yet?
greendevilman
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#9 » by greendevilman » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:38 am

EtchenBa wrote:
Killua wrote:

it's because the teams are built the same...plus portland's crowd gets WAYYYYYYY into it because we hate the Lakers.

Roy = Poor man's Kobe...seriously. Good at everything, no true weakness, Kobe is just better at everything than Roy.

SF is filled by a good role player and it's funny that Outlaw and Odom, both the bench SFs are the scapegoats for each team.

Both benches are great too, probably #1 and #2 in the league...even has the nice matchup of "overrated flopping euro-chuckers" in Rudy vs Sasha.

When Portland is at home and super fired up, since the positions are so similar, they just might outplay the Lakers.

This is an intelligent and quite accurate post, but we all know they just get distracted by the strip clubs.
garcia3
Starter
And1: 9

Post#10 » by garcia3 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:32 pm

EtchenBa wrote:
Killua wrote:

great contribution, I hadn't even noticed that
Ito
General Manager
And1: 775

Post#11 » by Ito » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Clangus wrote:The Thunder matchup well against.....ah..... Toronto, Minnesota and Memphis.
lol

PG offensively Westbrook creates issues with his speeda nd offensive rebounding. But turns it over against strong defensive PG's

SG - we have nothing here and get torched all the time on both ends

SF - Durant seems to be a tough matchup for everyone. He has great height and Length. He is a little weak and gets pushed around a bit by big SF's like LBJ, Carmello etc. But overall he is the only matchup we'll usually get the better side of.

PF - game to game its different. Some games Green plays great - (see 33 against the Spurs ) and others poorly. It depends which green and Wilcox show up.

C - PWNED in the face and pants here every dam night. and not just by decent teams - by scrubs too.

thunder is actually a good team, they play well against most teams, they just young and cant close out games
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#12 » by killacalijatt » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:08 pm

I love it when the Warriors play Celtics at home

Return to The General Board