Darkhorse Best Future Teams

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Gunny
Pro Prospect
And1: 491

Re: Darkhorse Best Future Teams 

Post#41 » by Gunny » Fri Jan 9, 2009 12:12 am

Agenda42 wrote:Minnesota has the best roster for the future among the "dark horse" candidates, but they're hamstrung by their inability to sign any impact free agents. It's cold up there!

I like the Grizzlies a lot. Mayo looks special, and Gay is a very solid player too.

I think the best candidate is New Jersey. Devin Harris and cap room in a big market is potentially lethal.

I'm guessing you've never been there in the summertime.

I've been all over the US, but seriously, the midwest is the most humid place I've ever been in the summer. There's no such thing as enjoyable dry heat up there.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#42 » by Vindicater » Fri Jan 9, 2009 1:01 am

Timberwolves will be great once they get a biggish point guard to play alongside Foye (and no Mayo would not have been good next to Foye, too similar)

I hope we can pick up Rubio in the draft somehow, his defensive ability next to Foyes offensive ability would make a dynamite backcourt.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#43 » by NOODLESTYLE » Fri Jan 9, 2009 1:16 am

The New York Knicks
He Hate Me
Starter
And1: 2

Post#44 » by He Hate Me » Fri Jan 9, 2009 2:56 am

In 5 years... the Sonics.
I'm just trying to get into heaven, it's not like I'm gonna run for Jesus.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,856

Post#45 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 9, 2009 6:23 am

The Thunder will be good soon. They are one post player away from being very dangerous.

One interesting note. The Southwest division is easily the best division in the west and one of the best in basketball right now. However, look out for the Northwest in a couple years. Here's some of the good young talent up here.

POR: Roy, Aldridge, Oden
MIN: Jefferson, Foye, Love
DEN: Anthony, Nene, Kleiza
UTAH: Williams, Boozer, Brewer
OKC: Durant, Green, Westbrook
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#46 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Jan 9, 2009 8:34 am

1. Memphis Grizzlies
2. Oklahoma City
3. Minnesota Tomberwolves
4. New Jersey Nets
5. Chicago Bulls

Memphis will be a 'whip' in two years if they keep Gay/Mayo/Arthur/Gasol/Conley together! Trust me. Some smart selfless vet should go to a team like that with young guns who seem to wan to win and be great and work with those young cats like in Oaklahoma City, and they can be 'Special.'

They have the point guard in Lowry and Conley and two Superstars in the making and ultimate go to guys and playmakers in Gay and OJ Mayo. And they got a tough Center who does not try to do more then he is capable and plays hard and physical and at times nasty in Gasol.

But they need a vet to show them how to eat, stay clear of the groupies take care of their bodies and learn to practice in the wieght room and add something their every year and to stay humble and hungry and on an edge.

Some young cats take too much for granted and trust in their athletic ability rather then to learn early to slow the game down and get the streetball AAU out of them, and think the game through to get wins as well. If they accept being coached up...and the older players who have made their money help them along one on one they will be alright...

If Memphis gets a PF to go with them like my Bucks Charlie Villanueva and then a bruiser journeyman like a Reggie Evans or even trade for a rugged rebounder like a Nick Collison or even Drew Gooden, or make a move to bring in a David Lee for Mike Conley and Nate the Great Robinson and hey, other teams can hang it up.

It's all over...If they draft a Blake Griffin out of Oklahoma or get an Earl Gray or Tyler Hansborough or Haragody from Notre Dame added to this squad they will be a Portland Trailblazers II type team!

You mark my words...they have all the ingredients except experience and exposure....love this young squad. Very underratted job building this team.

Minnesota gave them a shot at a dynasty in that Love/Mayo trade. I am not sure Ivaroni will be a guy who takes them where they will end up in two years...

Ditto for Okalahoma City.

They've built up their team the right way....solid Star and face in Green and Durant and a young stud PG in Westbrook!!! EXCELLENT DRAFTS!

They didn't waste their lottery picks either unlike my own team (Bucks) has. You MUST DRAFT WELL TO get to where you need to be when the NBA was having a generational shift and changing of the guard from those of MJ's era to the LeBron new school era we are in now...

Cats like Iverson, Billups, Garnett, Kobe, Duncan, Pierce, Allen, Jermaine O'Neal, and all those guys 29 + are on the way down and are at a crossroads.

Now guys like Chris Paul, D. Harris, Amare, Wade, LeBron, D. Howard are on the way up with Roy, Durant, Gay, Foye, Stuckey, Westbrook, Rose and teams who have drafted well in the lottery the last 2-3 years will be teams in 5 years.

But the real key here is Oklahoma hired an excellent coach to teach this team to play the right way and stay grounded and hungry in Scott Brooks who will be a Coach of the Year in the next 3 years tops.

Those are some of the teams I think will be teams that are under the radar and will be very good then we think in two years. Teams like Utah, Atlanta, Orlando, and the Hornets will continue to be good as well.

One team that can really make a jump t

Return to The General Board