Steve Nash exposed!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Re: Steve Nash exposed! 

Post#81 » by rsavaj » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:30 pm

EddieLaw31 wrote:WOW a Steve Nash hater. Must be a Laker fan.

He says he's a Suns fan, lol. MaryFail FTL
Trax416
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#82 » by Trax416 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 pm

He didn't deserve the first MVP.

He deserved the second one.

He deserved one the following year but was robbed.

He had one of the best years any PG has ever had in the history of the NBA. Shooting the best all around percentages in the NBA and making the Suns the best team in the NBA.

I don't see a problem.

You say "Nash should not have won it".

Ok, who should have both years? Post up their stats, and their teams record. I will make you look like a **** idiot.
Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Post#83 » by Illmatic21 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:42 pm

Trax416 wrote:He didn't deserve the first MVP.

He deserved the second one.

He deserved one the following year but was robbed.

He had one of the best years any PG has ever had in the history of the NBA. Shooting the best all around percentages in the NBA and making the Suns the best team in the NBA.

I don't see a problem.

You say "Nash should not have won it".

Ok, who should have both years? Post up their stats, and their teams record. I will make you look like a **** idiot.

uhhh... did you just admit yourself that he didn't deserve the first one?
KingLeoric
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#84 » by KingLeoric » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:51 pm

I believe Nash's proper comparison is Mark Price. Price was the PG on a very good Cavs team that made several ECF's, but happened to run into Jordan's Bulls. That team even gave the Bulls some tough series.

Quite honestly I don't see what Nash has done that Price has not, save the MVP's, which I am 100% certain that Nash would not win if he played in Jordan's era. Price puts up similar offensive numbers and averaged 1.5 steals a game. Even if he wasn't a great defender at least he got steals and that helps, while Nash is a total sieve on defense. If I had to choose a PG, I would take Mark Price over Steve Nash.

I agree with the OP's premise. Nash has been horribly overrated.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,375

Post#85 » by Scalabrine » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:37 am

How has this thread not been locked?

Nash put up good numbers but not great? Are you serious?

He was easily the most VALUABLE player those two years, you could look at the Suns record without him or you can watch tape of them playing when he was out, they were not a good basketball team without him.

I dont know the exact number of players but he was apart of a VERY select few who averaged 50% from the field, 40% from 3 and 90% from the line (something like West, Bird and maybe one other guy). I dont htink there were many players (if any) that had the impact on there team, that Nash had on the Suns.

- Asteriks should not be placed on the MVP's
- Even mentioning that Nash should apologize is ludicrous, he didnt name himself MVP he was voted.
- Many of todays superstars are a product of marketing, Nash was one of them, I agree, but I dont see what that has to do with him being MVP. Do you think guys that arent a product of marketing like Joe Johnson, Vince Carter, Pau Gasol(with Memphis), should have been MVP? He played for a contender and was the most important player to his team in the league, thats why he won MVP.
Go Knicks!

Return to The General Board