2024 Nuggets: Replace Jokic w/ Peak Shaq

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

How far do '24 Nuggets go with Peak Shaq?

1st Round
19%
2nd Round
19%
WCF
3%
Finals
3%
Win Title
56%

Total votes: 32

TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,755

Re: 2024 Nuggets: Replace Jokic w/ Peak Shaq 

Post#21 » by TheGOATRises007 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:39 am

bigboi wrote:
TheGOATRises007 wrote:
bigboi wrote:
What was Kobe averaging Shaq’s first run? Please help us understand

He wasn't great, but the Wolves are also a much better team than any team in 2000 that the Lakers faced.

You tell me how KAT’s soft self matches up with Shaq lmao. KAT would be food against Shaq. KAT isn’t an elite defender and Jokic is just too small for Shaq. Nas Reid wouldn’t be dunking on Shaq either. Wolves is tailor made for Shaq to destroy. It’d be foul trouble for Gobert and KAT every game plus their body breaking down since Shaq is so physical.

They're not playing 1vs1.....
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,230

Post#22 » by bigboi » Mon May 20, 2024 5:40 am

TheGOATRises007 wrote:
bigboi wrote:
TheGOATRises007 wrote:
He wasn't great, but the Wolves are also a much better team than any team in 2000 that the Lakers faced.

You tell me how KAT’s soft self matches up with Shaq lmao. KAT would be food against Shaq. KAT isn’t an elite defender and Jokic is just too small for Shaq. Nas Reid wouldn’t be dunking on Shaq either. Wolves is tailor made for Shaq to destroy. It’d be foul trouble for Gobert and KAT every game plus their body breaking down since Shaq is so physical.

How does Minnesota effectively guard Shaq?
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,755

Post#23 » by TheGOATRises007 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:43 am

bigboi wrote:
TheGOATRises007 wrote:
bigboi wrote:

Gobert can roam off like he does now with KAT and Shaq's passing isn't as good as Jokic.

This idea that Shaq will play KAT 1vs1 is baseless.

Highly doubt the result changes much. The Nuggets lose a fair bit on offense with Shaq instead of Jokic. Shaq individually likely dominates more, but I don't see it having much of an effect on the team's offense this particular series. The biggest problem this series was Murray.
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,910

Post#24 » by Peregrine01 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:44 am

TheGOATRises007 wrote:They're not playing 1vs1.....

Looking back at how Shaq was defended looks almost primitive compared to what the Wolves were deploying. I feel like the Sixers in 01 would've had way more success putting a guy like Theo Ratliff on Shaq while having Mutumbo lurk in the paint. Philly let Mutumbo with over a 100-lbs weight disadvantage just get squashed inside the rim by Shaq again and again instead of utilizing his most valuable skill: swatting away shots off the help.
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,169

Post#25 » by rk2023 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:46 am

TheGOATRises007 wrote:
bigboi wrote:
TheGOATRises007 wrote:

Gobert can roam off like he does now with KAT and Shaq's passing isn't as good as Jokic.

Highly doubt the result changes much. The Nuggets lose a fair bit on offense with Shaq instead of Jokic. Shaq individually likely dominates more, but I don't see it having much of an effect on the team's offense this particular series. The biggest problem this series was Murray.

MPJ was 180 degrees sideways compared to his R1 performance too
Mogspan wrote:I think they see the super rare combo of high IQ with freakish athleticism and overrate the former a bit, kind of like a hot girl who is rather articulate being thought of as “super smart.” I don’t know kind of a weird analogy, but you catch my drift.
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,910

Post#26 » by Peregrine01 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:56 am

TheGOATRises007 wrote:
bigboi wrote:
TheGOATRises007 wrote:

Murray gets clamped even worse if Shaq was playing instead of Jokic. You think Shaq is gonna bust his ass around the court to set high screens to free up his guard? Does Shaq relocate behind the arc when he gets denied and fronted in the post? More likely that he'd pout about not getting the ball in the post and then blame his teammates for losing.

Return to Player Comparisons