Kevin Garnett
68%

Total votes: 41

shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,742

Post#21 » by shrink » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Heart isn't limited to games.

KG supposedly has the hardest off-season training program of any player in the NBA. While Iverson is taking the summer off to make anti-semitic rap songs, KG would take three days off following his final NBA game, and then hit the training. Hard. People say the last person with a comperable off-season training program was Karl Malone.

What's that lead to? Iverson kind of plays through injuries -- Garnett doesn't get hurt.

Garnett is also supposed to be one of the most intense guys in practice as well. Iverson? Not so much.

If having heart means you're willing to suffer, yeah AI will do it for 2 hours in 70 games a year. But Garnett, playing in MIN for years, suffered every day, in every training session, in every practice, and they still needed a crowbar to get him to leave. Garnett probably has more heart than any player in the game.
southampton
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#22 » by southampton » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:40 am

KG he is bigger :P therefore heart is bigger
New Orleans - Viable NBA Market
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,877

Post#23 » by penbeast0 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:55 am

Iverson is a very tough player who takes a tremendous beating without complaining. However, heart to me implies a bit more team and less stat padding than Iverson who has been, at heart, a me first guy throughout his career. The practice skipping to me also show that his heart is only there when the cameras are rolling.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.

Return to Player Comparisons