Harden or Ginobili?

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, Doctor MJ, PaulieWal, Quotatious, Clyde Frazier

Harden or Ginobili, who's the better player?

Harden
49
62%
Ginobili
30
38%
 
Total votes: 79

Deivork
Junior
Posts: 443
And1: 223
Joined: Apr 26, 2013

Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#1 » by Deivork » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:59 am

Who's the better player?
NBA is amazing
User avatar
CodeBreaker
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,744
And1: 1,124
Joined: Jul 21, 2017
 

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#2 » by CodeBreaker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:16 am

If I have to pick an SG for my team between the two, it's Ginobili.
Better player? Harden.
KD has 0 rings as the first option
Deivork
Junior
Posts: 443
And1: 223
Joined: Apr 26, 2013

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#3 » by Deivork » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:If I have to pick an SG for my team between the two, it's Ginobili.
Better player? Harden.


Interesting differentiation
NBA is amazing
Jonny Blaze
Starter
Posts: 2,074
And1: 788
Joined: Jun 20, 2011

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#4 » by Jonny Blaze » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:42 pm

Hard to say. I never saw what Ginobli could do playing without the best power forward of all time, or being the best player on a team.

Im going with James Harden.
mischievous
General Manager
Posts: 7,516
And1: 3,389
Joined: Apr 18, 2015

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#5 » by mischievous » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Harden pretty comfortably. Minutes and actual production matter.
Peak Shaq's averages in 2017
Mazter wrote:19-21 pts on 60% shooting, 11-13 rebounds, and 2-2.5 blocks.

Prime Kobe's offense
Jiminy Glick wrote:Klay is easily better than Kobe. I think with Demarcus he is a better team player and offensive leader
dhsilv2
General Manager
Posts: 7,805
And1: 1,796
Joined: Oct 04, 2015

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#6 » by dhsilv2 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:56 pm

Unless someone can convince me that Manu could stay health playing 75 games a season at 35 minutes a game, I'll go Harden for my team. Manu however I think was a better player when he was on the court. Manu at his peak on that rockets team would forever change the nba.
mdonnelly1989
Analyst
Posts: 3,295
And1: 448
Joined: Aug 11, 2014
       

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#7 » by mdonnelly1989 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:22 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:If I have to pick an SG for my team between the two, it's Ginobili.
Better player? Harden.


I would love to hear a more in depth breakdown from this!?
User avatar
SlowPaced
RealGM
Posts: 10,251
And1: 12,624
Joined: Jan 28, 2013
Location: An Inconvenient Place
   

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#8 » by SlowPaced » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Harden because of stamina and durability.
User avatar
KobesScarf
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,831
And1: 356
Joined: Jul 17, 2016
 

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#9 » by KobesScarf » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Equal as players. Harden has a much greater career
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 26,812
And1: 15,289
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#10 » by E-Balla » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Where are all the Many voters at? I picked Harden but that tied up the poll. I'd love to hear the argument for Manu.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
dhsilv2
General Manager
Posts: 7,805
And1: 1,796
Joined: Oct 04, 2015

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#11 » by dhsilv2 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:06 pm

E-Balla wrote:Where are all the Many voters at? I picked Harden but that tied up the poll. I'd love to hear the argument for Manu.


Manu was a better finisher at the rim, dude used to throw down dunks all the time. He's a far better and more creative passer. He is also a much better defender.

The issue is durability. I legit don't think people fully understand just how good Manu was or that Pop didn't unleash him so to speak until he was already likely athletically declining. If he could have run Mike's system it would have been something else....when he was on the court.
User avatar
K_chile22
General Manager
Posts: 8,752
And1: 3,683
Joined: Jul 15, 2015
   

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#12 » by K_chile22 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:31 pm

People voting for Manu because of what they think he could have done vs what Harden has done makes no damn sense to me.
Like voting Sabonis over DRob because of what he could have been had he come over sooner.
User avatar
RightToCensor
Head Coach
Posts: 6,303
And1: 7,303
Joined: Jun 23, 2014
 

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#13 » by RightToCensor » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Manu at his peak was a beast and a pest for opponents. I'm inclined to vote Harden because he's actually shown throughout multiple NBA seasons that he is a MVP caliber player, but I'll wait for Manu-defenders to show his case.
Image
User avatar
Dr Spaceman
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,749
And1: 6,515
Joined: Jan 16, 2013
Location: Praha
   

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#14 » by Dr Spaceman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:27 pm

I can't see Manu ever coming close to winning an MVP, while Harden has come in 2nd twice. This should make all the difference for people. Regardless of whether Manu is better per-minute, Harden is jsut the way better guy to have for your team.
mischievous
General Manager
Posts: 7,516
And1: 3,389
Joined: Apr 18, 2015

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#15 » by mischievous » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Yeah also, Manu never came close to being a top 5ish player which Harden has in a few seasons.
Peak Shaq's averages in 2017
Mazter wrote:19-21 pts on 60% shooting, 11-13 rebounds, and 2-2.5 blocks.

Prime Kobe's offense
Jiminy Glick wrote:Klay is easily better than Kobe. I think with Demarcus he is a better team player and offensive leader
User avatar
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 8,911
And1: 10,121
Joined: Jul 29, 2014
Location: San Diego, California
Contact:
 

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#16 » by Domejandro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm kind of flabbergasted by the poll, Manu was a good player, but James Harden is a legitimate, MVP-caliber player; he has been clearly better overall so far into his career.
NBA Drafting Analysis

Proud supporter of Richard Painter for Congress (feel free to PM me any questions regarding his positions, and why I have a lukewarm reception to Tina Smith and her special interests).
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
Posts: 12,554
And1: 7,212
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
   

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#17 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:04 pm

K_chile22 wrote:People voting for Manu because of what they think he could have done vs what Harden has done makes no damn sense to me.
Like voting Sabonis over DRob because of what he could have been had he come over sooner.


Manu won a gold medal by playing with a team that wasn't USA, that's more than what James Harden has done. :crazy: That's literally the greatest feat that can happen outside of the NBA (and the only reason why Gold medals aren't held in even higher regard is because America wins them all the time), and it's something James Harden never even approached both in international ball or in the NBA. Manu is also a better playoff performer, and a much better finals performer.

Not sure why people talk about hypothetical with Manu, he WAS a legitimate big time star - he's not a first ballot HOFer for no reason.
mischievous
General Manager
Posts: 7,516
And1: 3,389
Joined: Apr 18, 2015

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#18 » by mischievous » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:07 pm

E-Balla wrote:Where are all the Many voters at? I picked Harden but that tied up the poll. I'd love to hear the argument for Manu.

I think its as simple as people just liking Manu more than Harden, in which case they can't really come up with a case other than "defense!, smarter player!," etc.
Peak Shaq's averages in 2017
Mazter wrote:19-21 pts on 60% shooting, 11-13 rebounds, and 2-2.5 blocks.

Prime Kobe's offense
Jiminy Glick wrote:Klay is easily better than Kobe. I think with Demarcus he is a better team player and offensive leader
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
Posts: 12,554
And1: 7,212
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
   

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#19 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:08 pm

mischievous wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Where are all the Many voters at? I picked Harden but that tied up the poll. I'd love to hear the argument for Manu.

I think its as simple as people just liking Manu more than Harden, in which case they can't really come up with a case other than "defense!, smarter player!," etc.


That's pretty arrogant. I don't like the Spurs and I think Manu was a better player.

If I am trying to win something, I would rather have Manu. If you had a championship caliber team why would you care that James Harden plays more minutes? Championship caliber teams don't need carry jobs.
mischievous
General Manager
Posts: 7,516
And1: 3,389
Joined: Apr 18, 2015

Re: Harden or Ginobili? 

Post#20 » by mischievous » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:27 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
mischievous wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Where are all the Many voters at? I picked Harden but that tied up the poll. I'd love to hear the argument for Manu.

I think its as simple as people just liking Manu more than Harden, in which case they can't really come up with a case other than "defense!, smarter player!," etc.


That's pretty arrogant. I don't like the Spurs and I think Manu was a better player.

If I am trying to win something, I would rather have Manu. If you had a championship caliber team why would you care that James Harden plays more minutes? Championship caliber teams don't need carry jobs.

Multiple situations matter. Harden showed he could be a legit first option as well as a a 3rd option on a championship caliber team. You don't think Harden could win titles as a 2nd option to Duncan? If you say no i'd have to strongly disagree.
Peak Shaq's averages in 2017
Mazter wrote:19-21 pts on 60% shooting, 11-13 rebounds, and 2-2.5 blocks.

Prime Kobe's offense
Jiminy Glick wrote:Klay is easily better than Kobe. I think with Demarcus he is a better team player and offensive leader

Return to Player Comparisons