Manute Durant or Hakeem Curry?

Moderators: trex_8063, PaulieWal, Quotatious, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0

asindc
Pro Prospect
And1: 135

Re: Manute Durant or Hakeem Curry? 

Post#21 » by asindc » Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm

lolathon234 wrote:
rate_ wrote:I’d take Hakeem alone

Lol. Bol averaged almost 9 blocks per 100 for his career, literally double Hakeem's average. Given Durant is FAR more athletic/agile than Bol, his shotblocking would only get better. KD is on a different level scoring wide as is. Hell Manute Durant would probably become an even better rebounder as well, KD is averaging over 7 boards for his career and Hakeem averaged 11.1. LOL @ giving him another 7 inches in height and 7" in wingspan.

I think people are underestimating just how ridiculous Durant's skillset would be at 7'5 with an 8' wingspan. He wouldn't even need to get open, you could simply lob the ball to him in the post and he could turn around and shoot and no defender would even be able to reach his head.

And that, boys and girls, is why Kareem is the all-time leading scorer in the NBA.
Though Dr. J, Darnell Hillman, and Artis Gilmore's fros got most of the attention, George C. Trapp's fro should be noted for its bouncy qualities.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,851
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#22 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed May 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Durant's quickness and agility in a 7'7 body probably becomes the GOAT defender by a long shot over Hakeem Curry. I can't see any way to stop Kevin Durant from scoring if you make him almost a foot taller too, lol.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
frica
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#23 » by frica » Fri May 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Both would be GOAT but if physics don't apply and Manute Durant keeps all of Durant's physical abilities including durability, stamina, quickness etc. then I'd go with Manute Durant.

That much height and reach without further downsides and great 3pt shooting will just kill anything.

This will be pretty much every game for Manute Durant plus he'd be the GOAT defensive player by a longshot.

homecourtloss
Analyst
And1: 3,318

Post#24 » by homecourtloss » Sat May 19, 2018 12:47 am

Laimbeer wrote:Combining the best attributes of Manute Bol / Kevin Durant and Hakeem Olajuwon / Stephen Curry.

So a 7'7 Durant or Hakeem incorporating Curry's offensive skills.

:lol: :lol: This is my favorite “player portmanteau” thread so far.

Return to Player Comparisons