The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0

OhayoKD
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,291

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING) 

Post#1001 » by OhayoKD » Mon May 20, 2024 8:29 pm

parsnips33 wrote:It's so interesting that the LeBron defender strategy has been tearing down the guy that just beat your guy in 5 and swept him the year before

Wouldn't it be more honorable to go out like that to a legit all-time great rather than some overhyped pretender?

I have a lot to learn

You know you can just defend Jokic instead of mindreading the motivations of those who criticize him?

Lebron also beat Jokic in 5 much removed from his peak than Jokic was so..,
its my last message in this thread, but I just admit, that all the people, casual and analytical minds, more or less have consencus who has the weight of a rubberized duck. And its not JaivLLLL
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,792

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING) 

Post#1002 » by parsnips33 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:26 pm

OhayoKD wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:It's so interesting that the LeBron defender strategy has been tearing down the guy that just beat your guy in 5 and swept him the year before

Wouldn't it be more honorable to go out like that to a legit all-time great rather than some overhyped pretender?

I have a lot to learn

You know you can just defend Jokic instead of mindreading the motivations of those who criticize him?

I've found your analysis specifically on Jokic to be really well-considered and informative. I've thought Jokic has skated by with very little scrutiny on his flaws, especially for a guy who's racking up MVPs and considered one of the all-timers already.

But you're not gonna convince me that this broader Jokic convo on the PC board since G2 vs Minny has absolutely nothing to do with Lebron.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 6,271

Post#1003 » by falcolombardi » Mon May 20, 2024 9:34 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
OhayoKD wrote:

I have a lot to learn

I've found your analysis specifically on Jokic to be really well-considered and informative. I've thought Jokic has skated by with very little scrutiny on his flaws, especially for a guy who's racking up MVPs and considered one of the all-timers already.

But you're not gonna convince me that this broader Jokic convo on the PC board since G2 vs Minny has absolutely nothing to do with Lebron.

I mean, i am sure it does. That is usually what happens when fans of players X say their player X is already better than player Y.

Player Y fans will hold player X to scrutiny to what they feel is their guy standards

I am more confused why you think that is a rare or bad thingh. Jokic fans understandably were really excited with jokic great run and propped him up to absolutely lofty comparisions that now he is being started to be held to as a 3 times mvp
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant

Post#1004 » by OhayoKD » Mon May 20, 2024 9:41 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
OhayoKD wrote:

I have a lot to learn

Does it matter?

If they cooking something dumb, cook them back

If they cooking smart, enjoy the stew.

Why does their motivation matter here? Hate can be as fun as hype.

Thank you for the kind words though.
its my last message in this thread, but I just admit, that all the people, casual and analytical minds, more or less have consencus who has the weight of a rubberized duck. And its not JaivLLLL
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 20,246

Post#1005 » by thebigbird » Mon May 20, 2024 10:00 pm

I have a lot to learn

I’ve spent two decades watching LeBron get s*** on basically on a daily basis. At 39 years old the media still holds him to a higher standard than literally anyone else in the NBA. The Nuggets beat the Lakers with 39 year old LeBron playing outstanding and the conversation became “Jokic is the best since Jordan,” “Jokic is better than peak LeBron ever was,” etc. Hell yeah I’m going to enjoy it when his team blows a 3-2 lead, losing game 6 by 45 points and blowing a 15 point halftime lead in game 7.
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,792

Post#1006 » by parsnips33 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:06 pm

I just think there's a general persecution complex among at least some factions of online Bron fandom that is, to put it mildly, unfitting of a player who's so undeniably great.

I don't really care if Skip Bayless called him Queen James in 2011, today he's acknowledged as one of the greatest athletes, not even just limited to basketball, in American history. Have a little self-respect

Just my perspective, and I don't think there's a "wrong" way to be a fan per se. Maybe this is a broader phenomena and I'm singling out LeBron fans unfairly
thebigbird
Head Coach

Post#1007 » by thebigbird » Mon May 20, 2024 10:33 pm

parsnips33 wrote:I just think there's a general persecution complex among at least some factions of online Bron fandom that is, to put it mildly, unfitting of a player who's so undeniably great.

I don't really care if Skip Bayless called him Queen James in 2011, today he's acknowledged as one of the greatest athletes, not even just limited to basketball, in American history. Have a little self-respect

Just my perspective, and I don't think there's a "wrong" way to be a fan per se. Maybe this is a broader phenomena and I'm singling out LeBron fans unfairly

Lmao. Do you ever watch basketball media? This is from the past two weeks. We’re not talking about “Skip Bayless calls him Queen James in 2011”.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=LoczziaTWuqlhvyvHGT92A

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant

Post#1008 » by OhayoKD » Mon May 20, 2024 10:34 pm

parsnips33 wrote:I just think there's a general persecution complex among at least some factions of online Bron fandom that is, to put it mildly, unfitting of a player who's so undeniably great.

Lebron hate is just a symptom of a much more pervasive threat. 90's mythmakers constantly thwarting the appreciation of both history and what's new to diefy their own icons. Until this threat is twarted, defending Lebron(and russell) is Noblesse oblige
Ian Scuffling
Senior
And1: 409

Post#1009 » by Ian Scuffling » Mon May 20, 2024 11:55 pm

thebigbird wrote:

I have a lot to learn

I’ve spent two decades watching LeBron get s*** on basically on a daily basis. At 39 years old the media still holds him to a higher standard than literally anyone else in the NBA. The Nuggets beat the Lakers with 39 year old LeBron playing outstanding and the conversation became “Jokic is the best since Jordan,” “Jokic is better than peak LeBron ever was,” etc. Hell yeah I’m going to enjoy it when his team blows a 3-2 lead, losing game 6 by 45 points and blowing a 15 point halftime lead in game 7.

Undeniably, Lebron hate has surpassed anything any other player has "witnessed" :D I had to. Sorry. Now, a troll would say that's in response to all the accolades he received in the early days. Yes, that's stupid, but they're trolls. The objective take, about as objective as anything can be, is he is on the Mt. Rushmore of the NBA. A GOAT candidate. As for the media idiots you chronicled up there? Not a rational mind (real or acted) up there. Charles, while entertaining is simply dumb. If, and ONLY if, James has been sputtering and playing poorly these last couple of years, his point would be valid. But, obviously, it isn't. Lebron is still a top 15 player in this league at age 39, which to any rational thinker reinforces his case for GOATdom and/or the place on the NBA Mt. Rushmore. And the "My Sauces" imbecile, Broussard? I'm not sure why in a league where the players are all professional millionaires the "leader" has to cop to the majority of the blame, when he is the least of it (AD was maybe the least that series but the point remans as James was great, too). No, the other PROFESSIONAL millionaires should shoulder the blame as it was relatively more their fault. And Skip? Real or acted he is simply an moron.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,662

Post#1010 » by Cavsfansince84 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:03 am

These idiots in the media imo are more mad that he's still a top 10-12 player at age 39-40 than they care that he is still playing(as though they'd pass on $40-55m a year to keep playing if they were him). It's ridiculous and sad that we have people like Kendrick Perkins talking about how one of the 4 greatest players in nba history should end his career. Kendrick, you never even made an all star game or came close. If LeBron wants to gun for 50k pts the same way that Brady got like 80k yards then you and everyone else in the media need to just sit there and watch him.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 18,320

Post#1011 » by homecourtloss » Tue May 21, 2024 3:20 am

parsnips33 wrote:I just think there's a general persecution complex

A stroll through GM on any given evening during the season or through YouTube comments would show any neutral observer that it isn’t a “complex.”
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,822

Post#1012 » by nzahir » Tue May 21, 2024 6:20 am

CAN WE GET BACK TO FOCUSING ON THE LAKERS FA AND TRADE TARGETS/LEBRON'S FA CHOICE TO LEAVE
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,843

Post#1013 » by Mos_Heat » Tue May 21, 2024 6:47 am

nzahir wrote:Thoughts on Lauri Markennan?

How does he fit with Bron and AD?

Too slow of a frontcourt or is it a good fit?

Could Lauri bang with Centers and AD roams?

Good fit offensively, but he can't play C. Not affordable anyways
:reporter:
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,843

Post#1014 » by Mos_Heat » Tue May 21, 2024 7:02 am

Miles Bridges should be their target
:reporter:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,622

Post#1015 » by Slava » Tue May 21, 2024 9:27 am

Mos_Heat wrote:Miles Bridges should be their target

I don’t know how palatable the domestic abuse allegations would be in a bigger market.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Heej
General Manager
And1: 9,085

Post#1016 » by Heej » Tue May 21, 2024 11:06 am

Gotta love the logic on this page. "Why would you hold someone who people say is better than your preferred player to the same standards said player is held to?" Hmm I dunno chief, really a tough one to unpack there :rofl:
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
thebigbird
Head Coach

Post#1017 » by thebigbird » Tue May 21, 2024 11:42 am

nzahir wrote:CAN WE GET BACK TO FOCUSING ON THE LAKERS FA AND TRADE TARGETS/LEBRON'S FA CHOICE TO LEAVE

Why would we want to do that? It’s just depressing. The Lakers’ FO is brain dead, they’re going to make a terrible coaching hire, and LeBron unfortunately won’t leave LA. They have limited options in free agency, and trading first rounders for an undersized point guard like Trae Young does nothing to fix their problems. The only way LeBron competes for another championship at this stage is if he goes to another team.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#1018 » by Statlanta » Tue May 21, 2024 12:47 pm

nzahir wrote:CAN WE GET BACK TO FOCUSING ON THE LAKERS FA AND TRADE TARGETS/LEBRON'S FA CHOICE TO LEAVE

LeBron is the GOAT, he’s the only player who has his physicals compared to a bioengineered creation of destruction

Read on Twitter
?s=61
Aaron Gordon, Devin Booker, Tyrese Halliburton, Trae Young, Anthony Edwards and Luka Doncic all made the Conference Finals.

Where’s Joel Embiid?
Ian Scuffling
Senior

Post#1019 » by Ian Scuffling » Tue May 21, 2024 2:21 pm

Statlanta wrote:

LeBron is the GOAT, he’s the only player who has his physicals compared to a bioengineered creation of destruction

Read on Twitter
?s=61

LMAO. Great find.
Ian Scuffling
Senior

Post#1020 » by Ian Scuffling » Tue May 21, 2024 2:32 pm

thebigbird wrote:

Why would we want to do that? It’s just depressing. The Lakers’ FO is brain dead, they’re going to make a terrible coaching hire, and LeBron unfortunately won’t leave LA. They have limited options in free agency, and trading first rounders for an undersized point guard like Trae Young does nothing to fix their problems. The only way LeBron competes for another championship at this stage is if he goes to another team.

^^^^thebigbird's not wrong, ya know. It's why I've really stopped caring about him winning anything, anymore. He seems to have stopped, so why should I care? That's not even a value judgment on him, either. It's his life and if he's happy, then good on him. That really is great. As a fan it sucks, but reality sometimes does. The lakers FO is godawful. He has to know this and getting a turnstyle defender, who really isn't that great at his one perceived asset (career 35.5% on three's) isn't going to move the needle. Now, I get it, the idea is that he'll get a lot more open looks with AD and James, but I'm not sure it translates to more wins, given his defensive inadequacies. So, with all that said...Come back to Cleveland, Lebron. You'll be treated like the royalty you've set your whole image on. :D

Return to Player Comparisons