Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,890

Re: RealGM Top 100 All-Time (2017)---List, voter panel & sign-up, convo 

Post#201 » by eminence » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:43 am

EJaggit wrote:
An Unbiased Fan wrote:
EJaggit wrote:How can you accurately depict who's the 'Greatest of all time' though? Especially with the newer generation selecting LeBron James >Jordan Olajuwon etc, and the older folk would he say not Jordan and company >LeBron and company. Wouldn't it be just be more of a numbers game?

The bolded is always the fundamental question. No easy answer. Always best to approach a project like this as a learning experience, because really it's all subjective. No different from what you would see in a Top 100 musicians project, or Top 100 actors project, or Top 100 movies project. You'll get some consensus here and there, some outlier opinions, lots of various criteria used, and that's really to be expected.

Only part that makes you do a double take is when you realize how young most posters are. I'm in my 30's, but then I realize a good number didn't even see much of the 3 peat Lakers, and none of the MJ Bulls. I would reference games I saw as a kid of the Showtime Lakers in the old projects and feel really old, lol. :lol:

So yeh, expect a lot of recency bias, just the way the World works.

That's true. I'm a 22 year old and I'm seeing greatness with LeBron as well as respecting the past legends. Granted I've not studied more than Jordan, Magic and LeBron, maybe you can give me some names or ideas of who's your GOAT and who you could put over the 3 I just listed?

Other guys I've seen listed as GOAT by various people: Russell/Wilt/Kareem/Hakeem/Shaq/Duncan/KG.

Russell/Wilt/Kareem being the main ones I've seen, others are a bit rarer (maybe Duncan not so much).

My personal pick comes down to KAJ/Duncan right now, with LeBron churning his way towards that class (maybe only one more top level season).
I bought a boat.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,860

Post#202 » by Joao Saraiva » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:52 am

I'm studying my #1 vote right now.

Players I'm taking into account:
- Michael Jordan
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- LeBron James
- Wilt Chamberlain

The more I get into it, the more I think Wilt has a superb case.

I mean, are we suffering from winning bias when ranking Wilt? I know all the issues with his teams, like not being the greatest offenses on his era and so... but how much of that is due to his casts during his peak/prime?

His dominance stats wise is really absurd. He was the player who influenced more rules in NBA history.

He has all the individual achievements, he won 2 rings, he still has a ton of NBA records...

Idk if he's my #1 choice, but so far I'm wondering about it. I also liked what I saw in the youtube games I found. Dude was simply a machine.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,878

Post#203 » by scrabbarista » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Okay! I've spent a week considering. Please put me in the pool of voters if I'm an acceptable RGM member. I will now go to the criteria thread to post.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,330

Post#204 » by trex_8063 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:07 pm

scrabbarista wrote:Okay! I've spent a week considering. Please put me in the pool of voters if I'm an acceptable RGM member. I will now go to the criteria thread to post.

I will add you to the panel. I was going to wait, but a lot of people seem ready to go, so I think I'll start the first thread immediately.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,890

Post#205 » by eminence » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Question, what will happen to ballots where neither vote is among the top 2 vote-getters (assuming no one candidate gets 50%+)? Not sure how it will turn out, but I believe BB7's ballot could currently be in this state (Russell/LeBron).
I bought a boat.
THKNKG
Pro Prospect
And1: 368

Post#206 » by THKNKG » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:00 pm

eminence wrote:Question, what will happen to ballots where neither vote is among the top 2 vote-getters (assuming no one candidate gets 50%+)? Not sure how it will turn out, but I believe BB7's ballot could currently be in this state (Russell/LeBron).

2 options that I see:

1) his ballot doesn't count towards the top

2) we could add a third spot for instances like this (say he voted Jordan 3 or whatever)
All-Time Fantasy Draft Team (90 FGA)

PG: Maurice Cheeks / Giannis
SG: Reggie Miller / Jordan
SF: Michael Jordan / Bruce Bowen
PF: Giannis / Marvin Williams
C: Artis Gilmore / Chris Anderson
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,326

Post#207 » by JordansBulls » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:24 pm

micahclay wrote:
eminence wrote:Question, what will happen to ballots where neither vote is among the top 2 vote-getters (assuming no one candidate gets 50%+)? Not sure how it will turn out, but I believe BB7's ballot could currently be in this state (Russell/LeBron).

2 options that I see:

2) we could add a third spot for instances like this (say he voted Jordan 3 or whatever)

Ballot won't count as players are eliminated. Will basically come down to top two vote getters to get a majority vote.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,330

Post#208 » by trex_8063 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:24 pm

JordansBulls wrote:
micahclay wrote:

2 options that I see:

Ballot won't count as players are eliminated. Will basically come down to top two vote getters to get a majority vote.

Basically what JB said. I'm not going to add a "3rd vote" option, as it increases the degree to which someone could try to manipulate the vote against a player they've an agenda against. If it comes down to a situation where we get to the top 2 and still don't have a majority (as it very nearly did in the #1 thread), we'll be forced into a 24-hour run-off vote between them. But hopefully that should be an exceedingly rare occurrence.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
THKNKG
Pro Prospect
And1: 368

Post#209 » by THKNKG » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:38 pm

trex_8063 wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:
micahclay wrote:
2 options that I see:

Basically what JB said. I'm not going to add a "3rd vote" option, as it increases the degree to which someone could try to manipulate the vote against a player they've an agenda against. If it comes down to a situation where we get to the top 2 and still don't have a majority (as it very nearly did in the #1 thread), we'll be forced into a 24-hour run-off vote between them. But hopefully that should be an exceedingly rare occurrence.

Yeah, I think it went super well, I was in suspense while reading the RCV process haha. I was glad to vote who I thought and not have to settle for second best.
All-Time Fantasy Draft Team (90 FGA)

PG: Maurice Cheeks / Giannis
SG: Reggie Miller / Jordan
SF: Michael Jordan / Bruce Bowen
PF: Giannis / Marvin Williams
C: Artis Gilmore / Chris Anderson
mdonnelly1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,386

Post#210 » by mdonnelly1989 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:31 am

Top 100
#1. MJ
#2. Kareem
#3. Bill Russell
#4. Lebron James
#5. Wilt Chamberlain
#6. Tim Duncan
#7. Shaq O’Neal
#8. Magic Johnson
#9. Larry Bird
#10. Hakeem Olajuwon
#11. Kobe Bryant
#12. Oscar Robertson
#13. Jerry West
#14. Dr. J
#15. David Robinson
#16. KG
#17. D-Wade
#18. Barkley
#19. Moses Malone
#20. Dirk
#21. Patrick Ewing
#22. Karl Malone
#23. Bob Pettit
#24. Walt Frazier
#25. George Mikan
#26. Elgin Baylor
#27. Kevin McHale
#28. CP3
#29. John Stockton
#30. Clyde Drexler
#31. Isaiah Thomas
#32. Allen Iverson
#33. George Gervin
#34. Jason Kidd
#35. Steve Nash
#36. Elvin Hayes
#37. Bill Walton
#38. Scottie Pippen
#39. Stephen Curry
#40. KD
#41. Bob Cousy
#42. Rich Barry
#43. John Hondo Havlicek
#44. Gary Payton
#45. Tony Parker
#46. Pau Gasol
#47. Dikembe Mutombo
#48. Alonzo Mourning
#49. Chauncey Billups
#50. Willis Reed
#51. Reggie Miller
#52. Nate Thurmond
#53. Jerry Lucas
#54. Earl Monroe
#55. Ray Allen
#56. Dominique Wilkins
#57. Nate Archibald
#58. Pete Maravich
#59. Robert Parish
#60. Wes Unseld
#61. Adrian Dantley
#62. Dennis Rodman
#63. Artis Gilmore
#64. Kawhi Leonard
#65. Dave Debuschere
#66. James Worthy
#67. Bob Lanier
#68. Dave Cowens
#69. Alex English
#70. Walt Bellamy
#71. Ben Wallace
#72. Tim Hardaway
#73. Penny Hardaway
#74. Chris Webber
#75. Paul Pierce
#76. Shawn Kemp
#77. Bob Mcadoo
#78. Grant Hill
#79. Joe Dumars
#80. Mitch Richmond
#81. Sam Jones
#82. Manu Ginobili
#83. Vince Carter
#84. Hal Greer
#85. Gail Goodrich
#86. Chris Mullen
#87. Dolph Schayes
#88. David Thompson
#89. Kevin Johnson
#90. Mark Price
#91. Mark Jackson
#92. Horace Grant
#93. Rasheed Wallace
#94. Dwight Howard
#95. James Harden
#96. Robert Horry
#97. Bernard King
#98. Bill Lambier
#99. Russell Westbrook
#100. Chris Bosh
Gibson22
Sixth Man
And1: 905

Post#211 » by Gibson22 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:17 am

Hello guys, do you think that the real gm top 100 project is the most serious and well tought and therefore the most "Important" list you can find?
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,841

Post#212 » by penbeast0 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Well, there are Trump's cabinet appointments . . . .
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,758

Post#213 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:25 pm

lebron3-14-3 wrote:Hello guys, do you think that the real gm top 100 project is the most serious and well tought and therefore the most "Important" list you can find?

well Laimbeer will start his usual threads soon telling us how we got it all wrong and that the collective wisdom of the group isn't nearly as strong as it is perceived.... :D

But generally speaking lists compiled by groups should be stronger than lists compiled by any one individual and considering some of the basketball geniuses participating I feel like its a list the site and the PC Board should rightly be proud of.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Gibson22
Sixth Man
And1: 905

Post#214 » by Gibson22 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
lebron3-14-3 wrote:Hello guys, do you think that the real gm top 100 project is the most serious and well tought and therefore the most "Important" list you can find?

well Laimbeer will start his usual threads soon telling us how we got it all wrong and that the collective wisdom of the group isn't nearly as strong as it is perceived.... :D

But generally speaking lists compiled by groups should be stronger than lists compiled by any one individual and considering some of the basketball geniuses participating I feel like its a list the site and the PC Board should rightly be proud of.

Yeah I know that, but does anyone know about a project comparable to this?
Pablo Novi
Senior
And1: 233

Post#215 » by Pablo Novi » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:11 pm

"Did I miss the battle?" YIKES. I SO wanted to be involved in this from the get-go (and said so some months ago; and have posted a number of times on what I think should be the general criteria); yet somehow I seem to have slept thru the first 5 votes. YIKES.

Anyway, I'd like to be included.
N.B. I outrank (lol) almost everybody because I started watching hard (well as hard as was available in NYC-area TV plus reports in sports columns and mags) from the 1959-60 season onwards. I also got to watch a number of times LIVE this amazing PG for the Harlem Globetrotters, the season before; what was his name? Oh yeah, Wilt. lol

P.S. I've just read this thread from beginning to end - but with this "old man's fading memory"; I wouldn't mind somebody telling me what I'm supposed to do next? Post in a criteria thread? etc. Thanx
wojoaderge
Veteran
And1: 1,540

Post#216 » by wojoaderge » Sat Jul 1, 2017 6:36 pm

Pablo Novi wrote:"Did I miss the battle?" YIKES. I SO wanted to be involved in this from the get-go (and said so some months ago; and have posted a number of times on what I think should be the general criteria); yet somehow I seem to have slept thru the first 5 votes. YIKES.

N.B. I outrank (lol) almost everybody because I started watching hard (well as hard as was available in NYC-area TV plus reports in sports columns and mags) from the 1959-60 season onwards. I also got to watch a number of times LIVE this amazing PG for the Harlem Globetrotters, the season before; what was his name? Oh yeah, Wilt. lol

P.S. I've just read this thread from beginning to end - but with this "old man's fading memory"; I wouldn't mind somebody telling me what I'm supposed to do next? Post in a criteria thread? etc. Thanx

I think you just start posting the current thread and they'll include you
"Coach, why don't you just relax? We're not good enough to beat the Lakers. We've had a great year, why don't you just relax and cool down?"
penbeast0
And1: 8,841

Post#217 » by penbeast0 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 9:08 pm

Post in the current thread and #8 which goes up Monday, when Trex returns on Monday night, he will look at anyone who wants to join and make a decision to bring him in.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,494

Re: RE: Re: RealGM Top 100 All-Time (2017)---List, voter panel & sign-up, convo 

Post#218 » by Colbinii » Sat Jul 1, 2017 11:32 pm

Pablo Novi wrote:"Did I miss the battle?" YIKES. I SO wanted to be involved in this from the get-go (and said so some months ago; and have posted a number of times on what I think should be the general criteria); yet somehow I seem to have slept thru the first 5 votes. YIKES.

You can post in the threads, and there is a good chance you will "earn" a vote given your posting history.

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Pablo Novi
Senior
And1: 233

20170701 Pablo’s NBA-ABA-NBL GOAT Criteria PART I (1st Draft): UNIQUELY OBJECTIVE CRITERIA 

Post#219 » by Pablo Novi » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:41 am

20170701 Pablo’s NBA-ABA-NBL GOAT Criteria PART I (1st Draft): UNIQUELY OBJECTIVE CRITERIA

20170701 Pablo’s NBA-ABA-NBL GOAT Criteria PART I (1st Draft)
Imo, THE MOST OBJECTIVE (& therefore UNIQUE) CRITERIA:

3 INTRODUCTORY COMMENTS: My Viewing History; small GOAT gaps; & UNIQUE Objectivity;
MY 58 YEARS OF “RABID” FANHOOD: I had the great fortune to have seen a really great “Point Guard”, Wilt Chamberlain, LIVE with the Harlem Globetrotters a number of times. He was so amazing that I "followed" him into the NBA. In other words, I got to see the ENTIRE careers of ALL the GOAT PLAYERS from the 1959-1960 season onwards. (Additionally, early-on, between my “encyclopedic” dad (I was raised on the “Mikan Drill”, etc.); & OUR reviewing all available pre-1960 info; I was RELATIVELY familiar with ALL the All-Time Greats starting with George Mikan’s earliest year, 1946-1947.

SMALL GOAT GAPS: Also, contrary to virtually every other GOAT ranker I've ever seen; personally, I view the gaps between these players as quite small rather than as large, much less “gigantic”.

OBJECTIVITY: (Given that, as of writing this, I haven’t run the final calculations) EVEN I DON’T KNOW HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT YET: Boy am I excited to find out! Due to being raised by an incredibly TOLERANT dad, in an incredibly INTOLERANT era, (the 1950s in the U.S.), I’ve never really had “homerist-based” favorite players. I’ve ALWAYS loved: great plays, great games (especially overtime games), great players, great careers & great teams. So, until the very last moment, when I finally run all the calculations, I have NO IDEA how “my” GOAT rankings are going to turn out! (Talk about “objectivity”!)

UNIQUE: Given this concerted effort on my part to achieve the maximum objectivity; what follows is both truly UNIQUE in its composite; and in its individual components.

3-STEPS: THREE “CALCULATIONS” FOR THE MOST-OBJECTIVE ANALYSIS OF G-O-A-T PLAYERS
A: THREE BASIC “OBJECTIVE UNITS”:
1. BASIC “MEASURING UNIT”: “GREAT YEARS” based on YEARLY ALL-LEAGUE SELECTIONS:
For me, THE basic “measuring unit” when comparing NBA-ABA-NBL players is individual “GREAT YEARS”. I define a player as having a “GREAT YEAR” as when he is selected to a yearly ALL-LEAGUE TEAM.

Imo, no single (regular or advanced) stat, nor any combination of them is good enough. ALL are “flawed”, including ALL combinations of them. In addition to their inherent flaws; the very use of them by GOAT rankers is automatically quite subjective. So …

Why not rely on the “experts” themselves, the ALL-League Selectors, to decide how well each great player played each year? (Though the opinion of each of them is, naturally, “biased”; taken together, their COLLECTIVE OPINION, as represented by the final tallies, is very “OBJECTIVE”.

Given the large number of Selectors, individual subjectivity (homerism, etc.) of INDIVIDUAL Selectors IS overcome by their sheer numbers. (Similar to the way that, in diving competitions, the highest & lowest scores are thrown out. Generally speaking, professional evaluators give (much) better results; and the more of such evaluators there are; the less the chance of “political” or “agenda-driven” collective evaluations.)

I call these “ALL-LEAGUE SELECTIONS” because I include: ALL-NBL, ALL-ABA & ALL-NBA/BAA.
N.B. See “B” below for the various adjustments I make in “weighing” these.

2. BASIC G-0-A-T COMPARISON “UNIT”: C-A-R-E-E-R VS C-A-R-E-E-R (Totals of “GREAT YEARS”):
Imo, GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) comparisons are NOT comparisons of either player’s PEAKS (1-year to 3-5 years); nor player’s PRIMES (5 years – 10 years). Instead, it should be based on a comparison of their TOTAL BODY OF WORK (as defined by their total number of “GREAT YEARS”).

N.B. Thus any and all non-“Great Years” play no role in my version of such comparisons. A weak rookie year or weak late-career years do not count as deductions. While this might SEEM like a comparison of PRIMES, it is not. In THIS analysis, the Great Years do not have to be consecutive; but even more importantly – there is no “set number of years” being compared; but instead each player’s TOTAL number of “Great Years” – however many he had.

3. “POINTS”: 5 “POINTS” (1st-Team Selection); 3 “POINTS” (2nd-Team Selection); …
Each year, there are 5 1st-Team selections (per League); and 5 2nd-Team selections. The basic part of my compilation or calculations is derived from totally up each player’s yearly “Points” subtotals; based on: 5 “Points” for each 1st-Team selection; 3 “Points” for each 2nd-Team selection; and additional, smaller numbers of points for still-lower selections. SEE “B” BELOW.

B: THREE RELATIVE-EQUALITIES: ERAS & YEARS; DUAL-LEAGUE YEARS; POSITIONAL-“EQUALITY”:
4. “THREE ERAS” & 80 YEARS:
Imo, there have been 3 DISTINCE “ERAS” in the 80 years of NBL-ABA-NBA history:
a. “The Pre-Mikan Era”: 10 Years: 1938 season – 1947. I pro-rate the quality of play during this era as steadily rising by 2% per year, from 50% (of the “Modern Era”) to 68%; with an average of 59%.

b. “The Mikan Era” or “Pre-Wilt Era”: 12 Years: 1948-1959. I include Mikan’s first 1/3 of a year in the 47 season in the previous Era; so this Era starts BECAUSE the NBL was shocked by that limited number of games into universally raising the level of player. So, for the first year of this Era, imo, the level of play was bumped up by 5%, followed by it rising an additional 2% every subsequent year. So, I pro-rate the quality of play during this era as ranging from 73% (of the “Modern Era”) to 95%; with an average of 84%.

c. “The Modern Era”: 58 Years: 1960-2017: NBA players were very much aware of the amazing stuff that Wilt was doing with the Harlem Globetrotters. In his very first year Wilt did not disappoint; the whole League had to respond. Further, integration FINALLY took off. So, for the first year of this Era, imo, the level of play was bumped up by 5% - to its present general level.

Another way to put why I consider these past 58 years to all be part of the “Modern Era” is because, in contrast to the previous Eras’ All-Time Greats, the All-Time Greats from each of these decades (60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 00’s and 10’s) could switch decades and still be All-Time Greats.

On the other hand, imo, there is no denying that, while the All-Time Greats have had comparable careers, the overall level of play has been GRADUALLY improving.

For these reasons, I “allot” the following number of All-Time Great players to @ decade:
5 Players: 1950’s (and earlier)
6 Players: 1960’s
7 Players: 1970’s
8 Players: 1980’s
9 Players: 1990’s
10 Players: 2000’s
11 Players: 2010’s (or 8 players so far, with 3 players to be added in the next 2 years).

“Conveniently” this gives us 53~ players to “fit into” our GOAT Top 50~; and for a GOAT Top 100, we’d just double the number of players from each “decade” and end up with some 106 or so to “squeeze” into that GOAT Top 100.

5. SPECIAL CASES: DUAL-LEAGUE YEARS:
a. THE THREE NBL-BAA DUAL-LEAGUE YEARS: 3 Years: 1947-1949:
The NBL was the established League (with decidedly better quality but playing in decidedly less-economically-viable cities; the BAA the new-comer (with, naturally, weaker players and teams; but with decidedly more-economically-viable cities).

So, for the first 2 years, the NBL was the better League, with the better teams and better All-Time Greats. By the 3rd year, the best ex-NBL teams & players had switched to the BAA; so the exact opposite relationship in quality now prevailed.

For these reasons, I give 5 “Points” to the ALL-NBL 1st-Teamers the first 2 years; and to the ALL-BAA 1st-Teamers the 3rd year. Similarly, I give 3 “Points” to the ALL-BAA 1st-Teamers the first two years; and to the ALL-NBL 1st-Teamers the 3rd year.

b. THE NINE NBA-ABA DUAL-LEAGUE YEARS: 9 Years: 1968-1976:
A similar situation existed during these 9 Dual-League years. Generally speaking, I give very few points to the ABA in its earliest years; but increase that year by year. More specifically, with good reason, the ABA was known as a “Forwards’ League” – so, in most cases, ALL-ABA Forwards get “my” combined-ALL-LEAGUE 1st-Team Selections; with the other three positions being mostly ALL-NBA 1st-Team Selections. (While this is the general framework I’ve applied, the precise details of this are quite a bit more complicated.)

6. POSITION VS POSITION:
A. RELATIVE EQUALITY OF POSITIONS: It has been almost universally the case that GOAT lists are (utterly) dominated by Centers. The reasoning is obvious: until the Guard-oriented 20th Century, centers have had about the same effect on Offense; but much more so on Defense. As a result of this type of thinking, most people have as many as 4 Centers in their GOAT Top 10 (such as: Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Bill Russell; if not also: Hakeem & others).

I reject this as being unbalanced and unfair. While it IS true that Centers do play significantly bigger roles on Defense; what has been almost completely ignored is the extra EFFORT on Offense put out by the non-Centers – they run around quite a bit more; and, as a result, their careers generally TEND to be a bit shorter. To take this into account, I introduce a “General Equality Of Positions”.

Also, I FIRST rank each position separately (PGs vs PGs, PFs vs PFs); then I include one player from each position in each descending set of 5 GOAT players. (Sure Centers have more influence on defense; but all that running around, cutting, etc has to count for a lot too).

20170701 Pablo’s NBA-ABA-NBL GOAT Criteria PART I (1st Draft)

END “PART I”
-----
AN EARLIER VERSION OF PABLO’S NBA++ GOAT LIST.
PABLO’s FINAL VERSION will probably not be hugely different.
-----

My NBA-ABA-NBL GOAT List:
1. KAJ (67% more Finals than MJ; about 67% more Reg. Seas. WinShares; most clutch & unstoppable shot - Sky Hook).
2. Magic (Best TEAM-mate ever (prior to LBJ); I value his 9 Finals more than MJ's 6 Finals & 3 earlier P-O Losses.) 3.
MJ (NOT the best TEAM-mate; he QUIT on his team TWICE - the first time for gambling)
4. LBJ (I have had him moving up ONE spot each year for several years; he'll probably keep on like that & end up GOAT).
5. TD

6. Wilt (not counting Mikan in a terribly weak era, Wilt was the most era-dominant player ever)
7. Dr J (I include his phenomenal days in the ABA)
8. Kobe
9. "O"
10. Karl Malone
11-15. Shaq, Bird, J.West, Stockton, Pettit ("Shaq & the White Boys")
john248
Starter
And1: 651

Post#220 » by john248 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 8:50 am

Wish I could be active this time around. I liked being a part of the 2013 list.
The Last Word

Return to Player Comparisons