pistons not the best starting five in the NBA............

Moderators: trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0

halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#41 » by halfHAVOC » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:22 pm

rasheed wallace >> boozer/marion
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#42 » by yunggunz » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:36 pm

d-will8 wrote:The Jazz have a very good starting five with great potential, but I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say that it's better (or as good) as that of the Pistons. They can be scary good offensively, but they don't have the experience, chemistry or defense to match the Pistons. Still, you shouldn't get too hung up on their record; with Okur starting to show signs of returning to form, the Jazz's starting five can be one of the very best in the league (provided that AK gets healthy) and with Korver aboard to add outside shooting and scoring punch off of the bench, they can get back to being a very good team (again, provided that AK gets healthy.)

They better hurry, because its been a while since they have been a good team. In fact, they've been a mediocre team for a lot longer than they were a good team (which was only the 1st half of last year).
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,593

Post#43 » by Rapcity_11 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:24 am

Patterns wrote:Nash=Billups
Bell<<Hamilton
Hill<Prince
Marion<Rasheed
Amare>>McDysse

Sun's Defense<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Detroit's Defense

Deron<Billups
Brewer<<<Hamilton
Ak47=Prince
Boozer>Rasheed
Okur<McDysse

Jazz's Defense<<<<<<<<<<<<Detroit's Defense

Jazz chemistry<<<<<<Detroit's chemistry

Make no mistake. Detroit has the best starting 5.

There is no way sheed is better than Marion. And Nash>Billipus and D-Will = Billups
d-will8
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#44 » by d-will8 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:53 am

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They better hurry, because its been a while since they have been a good team. In fact, they've been a mediocre team for a lot longer than they were a good team (which was only the 1st half of last year).

Yeah, if you're not including the 14-2 stretch they had in the second half of the season, the playoffs or the first part of this season. I agree that they need to hurry, and they seem to have gotten that memo as well, but they have proven that they can be a very good team, and not just for half a season.
Getting back to the topic, Rasheed's a really talented two way player, but he definitely doesn't impact games nearly as much as Boozer or Marion does. He can, but he usually doesn't.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#45 » by yunggunz » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:25 am

d-will8 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, if you're not including the 14-2 stretch they had in the second half of the season, the playoffs or the first part of this season. I agree that they need to hurry, and they seem to have gotten that memo as well, but they have proven that they can be a very good team, and not just for half a season.

Im talking about regular season record since last years all star break. It is very "meh".
writerman
Banned User
And1: 5

Re: pistons not the best starting five in the NBA........... 

Post#46 » by writerman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:21 am

thaAteam wrote:i keep hearing about detroit being the best starting five in the nba and thats not true. they are the best starting 5 in the east but overall talent wise they are not. the suns and jazz are

steve nash>>>>>>> chauncey billups
raja bell< rip hamilton
grant hill> tayshaun prince
shawn marion= rasheed wallace
amare>>>>>>>>>>>> antonio

deron williams>>> chauncey billups
ronnie brewer<< rip
andrei kirelinko> prince
carlos boozer> rasheed wallace
memo okur>> antonio

Total nonsense.

There's no bigger Piston-hater on this board then me. I'd love to see them get their noses rubbed in sh*t. I've hated their guts since that ball of crap Bill Laimbeer, the dirtiest player to ever play in the NBA, played for them.

Nash may get the MVPs, but for all-around game I'll take Billups every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Raja Bell's name doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath with Rip Hamilton's.

Hill at one time was one of the elite players in the game, and I'm glad to see he is finally well and making solid contributions to a decent team, but Prince is one of the most underrated SFs in the game and better than the aging Hill.

Marion is a bit more talented, but Wallace has become with Detroit the gamer that Marion for all his talent has never been.

Dice is tough--it was really shrewd of Dumars to pick him up when others thought he was through. IMO, Amare get's way more love than he deserves. Yeah, he's an amazing athlete, and a great offensive player. But on a defensively weak club, he may be the worst defender, which is Dice's strength.

Detroit does something well that is done poorly if at all in Phoenix. It's called defense. The Pistons also have cohesion and chemistry as a team as good if not better than that of the Suns.

Utah?

Williams is a fine young player, but he has a way to go to match Billups. Billlups is at his best in crunch time.

Even through your distorted glasses you had better sense than to put Brewer on the same planet with Hamilton.

At his best AK is a match for Prince--but the last couple of years, he has been very inconsistent, where Prince seldom gives you a bad outing.

Boozer over Wallace? Boozer is a good player, but they give you different things. Depends on what you want. But game on the line, I prefer Sheed.

Okur better than Dice? I don't think so.

Utah does play pretty decent defense (if you don't play defense for Jerry Sloan, you don't play for him at all) but they still lack the chemistry that has developed in Detroit.

The only knocks on Detroit are that they have some key players getting long in the tooth and Saunders is not a great coach. But they are smart, play great defense, and know each other well enough that they mesh very well.

In a seven game series with either the Suns or the Jazz, I'll take Detroit and not bat an eye.

What in the hell has Phoenix, in particular, ever won that everyone seems to think they are so damned great? Overrated, overrated, overrated. They are a great offensive team, and better as well in the halfcourt than a lot of people give them credit for, but there must be junior high girls teams that play better defense than the Suns, :D :D
Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Post#47 » by Joseph17 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:38 am

raps4life~ wrote:you are undervaluing chuancy billups WAAAAAAY too much.

Lol. I was thinking the exact same thing.
Mateen Cleaves
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#48 » by Mateen Cleaves » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:20 pm

lol at this thread, stop hating on the best team in the nba.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,763

Re: pistons not the best starting five in the NBA........... 

Post#49 » by Basti » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:31 pm

thaAteam wrote:i keep hearing about detroit being the best starting five in the nba and thats not true. they are the best starting 5 in the east but overall talent wise they are not. the suns and jazz are

steve nash>>>>>>> chauncey billups
raja bell< rip hamilton
grant hill> tayshaun prince
shawn marion= rasheed wallace
amare>>>>>>>>>>>> antonio

deron williams>>> chauncey billups
ronnie brewer<< rip
andrei kirelinko> prince
carlos boozer> rasheed wallace
memo okur>> antonio

OMG you know that billups is a top5 pg for years? and the gap between the pgs in the top5 isn't that big as you're making it out to be

and the rest has been said already
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#50 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:07 pm

thaAteam wrote:pull the numbers

stats dont mean sh*t
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#51 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:08 pm

NetsForce wrote:Derek Fisher <<< Chauncey Billups