Stephen Curry
33%

Total votes: 46

rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,463

Re: Tyreke Evans vs Stephen Curry ROY 

Post#41 » by rpa » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:43 pm

yehyeh82 wrote:I love Evans and am 99% sure he will win the ROY, but Dr. Mufasa is right in that he pounds the balls way too much for my liking at this point. He's like a young Baron, except he doesn't chuck it from the outside after 10-15 secs of dribbling. If he keeps doing this as he progresses it could lead to problems in the future with his teammates. If he wants to win in the future going to have to control this aspect of his game a bit.

To be fair, Evans does set his team mates up pretty damn well. He does miss a lot (i.e. dribble w/ his head down) especially on pick & rolls/pops. But his penetration leads to a LOT of wide open jump shots for his team mates. Problem is, a lot of those jump shots (again: wide open ones) tend to go clank clank clank.
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#42 » by yehyeh82 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 pm

One of the reasons that those shots clank so much is that it is hard to get a rhythm when you're standing around for 10-15 secs watching and then all of a sudden have to shoot. He's a rookie and damn good so I'm sure he'll find the right medium to do his thing and keep his teammates involved, but he is going to have to work on it a bit.
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#43 » by That Nicka » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Only way Evans doesnt win ROY if if he gets injured and misses a bunch of games.
Dagger Three
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#44 » by Dagger Three » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Curry is a special talent. He has a great demeanor/work ethic and great passing/shooting skills.

He's easily 2nd behind Curry and it is close.

Tyreke is an amazing player as well, and i LOVE his game, but he isn't THAT much better overall than Curry.
SadKingsFan
RealGM

Post#45 » by SadKingsFan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:04 am

Norbit wrote:Haha I also like the norcal rivalry, i'm excited to see who the warriors and kings draft this year. First we had the ellis/martin debate, then randolph/thompson and now curr/evans. Whats next favors/cousins, wall/turner or maybe a turner/johnson? Either way both teams have bright futures, should be fun to watch as they develop.

Only difference is, all those comparisons were fine at the time. Right now there is NO comparison between curry and evans after curry had one good month.
SadKingsFan
RealGM

Post#46 » by SadKingsFan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:10 am

yehyeh82 wrote:I love Evans and am 99% sure he will win the ROY, but Dr. Mufasa is right in that he pounds the balls way too much for my liking at this point. He's like a young Baron, except he doesn't chuck it from the outside after 10-15 secs of dribbling. If he keeps doing this as he progresses it could lead to problems in the future with his teammates. If he wants to win in the future going to have to control this aspect of his game a bit.

:lol: Some of you have watched him like what...twice? His passing has been FAR better the past couple of months and doesn't chuck like some of you would like to think. He admitted that he struggled with this early in the season, but he has improved at this everyday.

Some of you dont realize that this is his rookie year because he plays like a veteran but he JUST turned 20...give him time folks. He has superstar written all over him. I love curry and i think he is a winner but i cant say he will be more than a borderline all star for years to come. And that isn't a bad thing at all.
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by yehyeh82 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:17 am

DId I say he chucked (I even said he doesn't in the post you quoted)? Or couldn't pass? I said he pounds the rock too much, and that if he doesn't learn to not dominate the ball every possession it might not lead to winning. He needs to find a medium between playing his game (iso ball driving with kickouts) and keeping his teammates interested and engaged. When players stand around the perimeter waiting for the ballhandler to do something it can lead to a stagnant offense. Believe me, as a Warriors fan I understand iso-ball.

He needs to not pound the rock for 10-15 secs until passing it to someone else. I also said in a later post that he has plenty of time to learn to do that but he needs to work hard on it.
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
gswhoopsman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#48 » by gswhoopsman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:20 am

I honestly don't see either one of these guys as "superstars". That word should be reserved for players who can conceivably win a championship as the best player/first option.

Does anyone here really see Curry and or Evans leading a team to a championship?
Catchall:The Bucks traded him for Monta Ellis and did well in that trade.If they can move Biedrins and Jefferson without losing much more than Barnes and another pick, I will be genuinely impressed.Iguodala is a short-sighted contract. Overrated player.
SadKingsFan
RealGM

Post#49 » by SadKingsFan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 am

yehyeh82 wrote:DId I say he chucked (I even said he doesn't in the post you quoted)? Or couldn't pass? I said he pounds the rock too much, and that if he doesn't learn to not dominate the ball every possession it might not lead to winning. He needs to find a medium between playing his game (iso ball driving with kickouts) and keeping his teammates interested and engaged. When players stand around the perimeter waiting for the ballhandler to do something it can lead to a stagnant offense. Believe me, as a Warriors fan I understand iso-ball.

He needs to not pound the rock for 10-15 secs until passing it to someone else. I also said in a later post that he has plenty of time to learn to do that but he needs to work hard on it.

I may have quoted your post but it was not directed towards you. And he doesn't hold the ball nearly as much as he did at the start of the season. I do agree with some of your point though. I just think its crazy to say that curry is on his level.
SadKingsFan
RealGM

Post#50 » by SadKingsFan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:06 am

gswhoopsman wrote:I honestly don't see either one of these guys as "superstars". That word should be reserved for players who can conceivably win a championship as the best player/first option.

Does anyone here really see Curry and or Evans leading a team to a championship?

Hell yes. :wink: Anyway, to seriously answer your question...i dont know. None of us know. Its their damn rookie season. Did any of us think Durant could lead a team anywhere after his rookie season? Hell some people on Realgm think the hornets should trade Chris Paul for goodness sake.

What im saying is...can we wait more than four months to peg these guys in a certain level? Were talking about superstar POTENTIAL. And if so, Tyreke clearly has more of it whether i am a homer or not, which i am lol.

Return to Player Comparisons