homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,836

Re: Rings - star vs. team/opponent strength 

Post#61 » by homecourtloss » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:20 pm

kayess wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:
kayess wrote:
I vehemently disagree with you here. LeBron has actually stunted Kyrie's growth as a player, leaving his progressiong quite... Flat, tbh.

Kyrie has stunted his own growth. He still doesn't defend and his playmaking is mediocre because of his lack of court vision and general unwillingness to create enen though he should be able to given his skills. He had plenty of time to develop these things at least a little before James went back to Cleveland (yeah, he was young, awful coaching, etc., but some progress should be shown). Kyrie as a team's best player = lottery.

I must be extremely **** at being sarcastic/making puns.

I was making a "Kyrie thinks the earth is flat joke"

:lol: Ahhhh....
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,358

Post#62 » by trex_8063 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:54 pm

homecourtloss wrote:
kayess wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:
Kyrie has stunted his own growth. He still doesn't defend and his playmaking is mediocre because of his lack of court vision and general unwillingness to create enen though he should be able to given his skills. He had plenty of time to develop these things at least a little before James went back to Cleveland (yeah, he was young, awful coaching, etc., but some progress should be shown). Kyrie as a team's best player = lottery.

What the hell?!??
I'd never heard this; just did a google search to read a little on it. In this day and age, how do you arrive at this conclusion?.....I'm totally baffled. My respect for Kyrie's intellect just fell thru the floor.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
kayess
Sixth Man
And1: 1,000

Post#63 » by kayess » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:45 am

trex_8063 wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:
kayess wrote:

What the hell?!??
I'd never heard this; just did a google search to read a little on it. In this day and age, how do you arrive at this conclusion?.....I'm totally baffled. My respect for Kyrie's intellect just fell thru the floor.

It's been suggested that it might be a prank. But still, LOL
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,358

Post#64 » by trex_8063 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 11:46 pm

fwiw (relevant to some of the discussion that had taken place previously itt about Jordan elevating his teammates' play).....

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd

Return to Player Comparisons