Howard or Lebron?

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Quincy
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

Re: Howard or Lebron? 

Post#21 » by Quincy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:34 am

tidho wrote:I think with Howard they'd be an absolute lock for the finals...can't say the same with LeBron.
Who in the east can realistically beat Miami in a seven game series this year?

joeysms55 wrote:lebron for howard heat will probably win 3.
wade for howard heat will probably win 5.

imagine howard/lebron/bosh

age. 25/26/27
You'd be willing to bet your life on those outcomes with LeBron at the helm? I'm sorry but I'll take my chances with Wade. I know he won't fold under pressure.
parapooper
Sixth Man
And1: 907

Post#22 » by parapooper » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:05 am

joeysms55 wrote:not a knock on the heat but pat riley doesn't really value anything

lebron for howard heat will probably win 3.

age. 25/26/27

I agree with this, but LeBron for Howard would be a much more acceptable trade for both sides.
Maybe LeBron would not even mind, he would never win a title and play on a crappy team but it would still be a nice upgrade from his first 7 seasons because at least he would not live in a cold shithole anymore.
Wone
Banned User
And1: 34
Location: Jesus is coming for the Rapture of only his true believers. Be ready. Spread the news.

Post#23 » by Wone » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Quincy wrote:
tidho wrote:I think with Howard they'd be an absolute lock for the finals...can't say the same with LeBron.
Who in the east can realistically beat Miami in a seven game series this year?

um chicago? wat a dumb question... acting like miami is invincible when they're nothing of the sort aka losing in final to dallas despite 2 superstars and 1 perneilall all star.
joeysms55
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by joeysms55 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:34 pm

parapooper wrote:
joeysms55 wrote:not a knock on the heat but pat riley doesn't really value anything

age. 25/26/27

I agree with this, but LeBron for Howard would be a much more acceptable trade for both sides.
Maybe LeBron would not even mind, he would never win a title and play on a crappy team but it would still be a nice upgrade from his first 7 seasons because at least he would not live in a cold **** anymore.

yeah I will you know why? detroit game 5, chicago, boston series, orlando series, and etc.... he did
it but people are just being overshawdowed by his failures at times. wade have failed too so as kobe, and etc.....
joeysms55
Banned User

Post#25 » by joeysms55 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:36 pm

parapooper wrote:

age. 25/26/27

Maybe LeBron would not even mind, he would never win a title and play on a crappy team but it would still be a nice upgrade from his first 7 seasons because at least he would not live in a cold **** anymore.

as i said pat riley is not into loyalty. even espn analyst says they will do a wade for howard trade. long term it makes more sense, talent level it makes more sense. not a knock on dwade i love dwade but lebron is just really more talented
parapooper
Sixth Man
And1: 907

Post#26 » by parapooper » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:11 pm

joeysms55 wrote:

as i said pat riley is not into loyalty. even espn analyst says they will do a wade for howard trade. long term it makes more sense, talent level it makes more sense. not a knock on dwade i love dwade but lebron is just really more talented

From Miami's point of view trading Wade makes more sense of course, although it still would not be an easy sell to the fanbase. But from Orlando's side they would probably insist on getting LeBron. LeBron is fair exchange value for Howard while Wade is clearly worth less since he is not quite as good (at least as a one-man-show), 3 years older and more injury prone. Orlando would just say "we get LeBron and you get almost guaranteed championships with Howard, Wade, Bosh or no deal"
Quincy
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by Quincy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Wone wrote:um chicago? wat a dumb question... acting like miami is invincible when they're nothing of the sort aka losing in final to dallas despite 2 superstars and 1 perneilall all star.

Obviously Chicago is the 2nd best team but I don't see how they have a realistic shot at knocking Miami off. They have two things going for them; defense and Derrick Rose. Miami has improved defensively seemingly with their off-season acquisition of Shane Battier and have two players better than Rose.
leroydaman
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by leroydaman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Howard in a heartbeat. He plays defense, rebounds and blocks shots at a high level and doesn't chuck and choke away games like lebron has a history of doing.
Wone
Banned User
Location: Jesus is coming for the Rapture of only his true believers. Be ready. Spread the news.

Post#29 » by Wone » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Quincy wrote:
Wone wrote:um chicago? wat a dumb question... acting like miami is invincible when they're nothing of the sort aka losing in final to dallas despite 2 superstars and 1 perneilall all star.

Obviously Chicago is the 2nd best team but I don't see how they have a realistic shot at knocking Miami off. They have two things going for them; defense and Derrick Rose. Miami has improved defensively seemingly with their off-season acquisition of Shane Battier and have two players better than Rose.

i dont agree. chicago swept miami in the regular season. and in the playoffs it was a close series despite arguably chicago's 3 best players, rose boozer and noah all playing injured. and i dont think that shane battier makes them better defensively. miami already had a very good perimeter defense, what they were thin on was the front court/interior defense. shane batteir doesnt change that. in fact, i think with the addition of eddy curry on the team miami's interior defense just got worse.
joeysms55
Banned User

Post#30 » by joeysms55 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:46 pm

parapooper wrote:
joeysms55 wrote:

From Miami's point of view trading Wade makes more sense of course, although it still would not be an easy sell to the fanbase. But from Orlando's side they would probably insist on getting LeBron. LeBron is fair exchange value for Howard while Wade is clearly worth less since he is not quite as good (at least as a one-man-show), 3 years older and more injury prone. Orlando would just say "we get LeBron and you get almost guaranteed championships with Howard, Wade, Bosh or no deal"

yeah but lets be real the 3 best players are lebron, dwight, and wade. If heat doesn't wanna give up lebron then the best they can get from any teams is wade and maybe throw some draft picks or something to sweeten the trade.
Quincy
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by Quincy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Well, obviously Curry sucks. No denying that. But I still stand by my opinion. I'm aware of what happened in the regular season. But that is the regular season.
WestSideChamp
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#32 » by WestSideChamp » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:46 pm

You trade Howard for Lebron, the Heat have a dynasty
Quincy
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by Quincy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:59 pm

I might actually do that. LeBron is better than Howard but it's close and Howard is just a plain better fit. Controls the post, allows Bosh to play to his strengths, and Wade is a great facilitator who is smart enough to make the big guy the focal point of the offense.

However, I don't know if you get immensely better as Miami went to the finals last year, and I think we can all agree that LeBron was the best player for the regular and post season up until the NBA finals.

The bottom line is Wade can clearly be the guy so the pecking order and ball usage issue goes away along with the vacant spot in the post.
Wone
Banned User

Post#34 » by Wone » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:06 pm

of course they would be immensely better. howard for lebron would be a guaranteed championship for the heat this year AND last year. howard would easily make the heat the best defense in the league and the best defensive front court in the league, both currently weaknesses for them. wade could focus on being wade and howard can be the 2nd or even 3rd option while anchoring the enitre team defense.
Wone
Banned User

Post#35 » by Wone » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Quincy wrote:Well, obviously Curry sucks. No denying that. But I still stand by my opinion. I'm aware of what happened in the regular season. But that is the regular season.

well obviously your entitled to your opinion and i respect that, but i just can't see a front court of joel anthony, chris bosh and udonis haslem winning a title. ever. no matter how talented their big 3 may be. they are really undersized at that end with bosh being the tallest at 6'10". chandler abused the heat front court to no end and haslem disappeared, because of the mavs superior interior defense. however, that is not to say they are far apart. someone like okafor would do wonders for them. they just need one more strong interior defender and then they are set. why they added eddy cury i have no idea. but as of right now, they have not done so which is why i think chicago will beat them this year given health this time around.

Return to Player Comparisons