Next 10 years who would you rather have Love or Griffin

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Devils Advocate
Rookie
And1: 360

Re: Next 10 years who would you rather have Love or Griffin 

Post#101 » by Devils Advocate » Fri Jan 6, 2012 11:21 pm

Who is like Blake?

Love is better than the players I'll list but their games are similar (jumping shooting bigs who rebound well)

David Lee
Troy Murphy
Elton Brand (in his prime)
Udonis Haslem
Zach Randolph

All these players scored mainly on face up jump shots and put backs and were good rebounders. Love just does what they do better.[/quote]
I meant to quote this earlier as well.

It's absurd to compare Love to Lee, Murphy and Haslem, it's like comparing Dwight to Emeka Okafor, Samuel Dalambert and Reggie Evans and his game is also much more efficient and diverse then Z Bo.

Love is not just a jump shooter.[/quote]

How does Love mainly score...with face up jump shots and 3's. He also scores on put backs. Anyway your missing the point of my previous post. I was clear that none of the players were better than Love so efficieny isn't for this arguement. I was stating that all of these players had a similair style which is primary face up jump shoot and great rebounding.
Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Post#102 » by Krodis » Fri Jan 6, 2012 11:29 pm

I'm really not certain what the "problem" with Love mainly scoring on put backs, free throws, and threes is. Those are basically the most efficient shots in the game, the fact that he can get a lot of them should be a positive, not a minus.
glenclose
Junior
And1: 0

Post#103 » by glenclose » Sat Jan 7, 2012 5:39 am

griffin. love is the ideal second option but blake could be special with his learning curve, work ethic, and athleticism
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#104 » by Chosen01 » Sat Jan 7, 2012 5:56 pm

It's really surprising that Blake only averages .2bpg.
beau_boy04
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#105 » by beau_boy04 » Sun Jan 8, 2012 2:41 am

My decision will be based on who else is on my roster but if I were starting from scratch and I could choose one of these two players to begin with I think based on what I have seen from last season and this season so far, I think I would pick Blake Griffin, mainly because of potential. Blake has a higher upside and potential than Love.

Michael Jordan was so dominant in his hey days due to his athleticism and so is Blake, and later on he developed that jumper and fadeaway that made him unstoppable. Blake is only in his second year, and what I have seem is that he has great worth ethics and the desire to be the best, maybe then Blake can developed into a good to great defensive player and a midrange game as well, who knows.

Return to Player Comparisons