James Harden is a superstar

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Re: James Harden is a superstar 

Post#1481 » by Krodis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:19 pm

richboy wrote:
PCProductions wrote:Yikes, an absolutely TERRIBLE game from Harden tonight when I thought he'd be fired up to play well. Then again, from what I saw, it looked like he was a little TOO fired up. That was just a mess of a game in general from Houston. I hope it's more competitive than that in the these upcoming games.

6/19 is pretty much an average Harden game lately. The last 2 months he sub 39% from the field. His shooting 4 of the 6 months of the year pretty bad.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... lits/2013/

This is a bit unfair. For one, there is a pretty big difference between sub-39% and sub-33%. For two, he actually had quite a good March despite the FG%. (TS% >60%) Bad April, but a small sample size (8 games).
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,958

Post#1482 » by tsherkin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Not a strong start to the series for Harden. This kind of falls in line with my expectations, though. Lebron and Durant weren't a ton better in their first series as The Man, though I'm not suggesting he's at their level.

If he flames out over the whole series, that'll effectively put to bed the idea that he's a superstar until such time as he redeems himself in the playoffs.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#1483 » by The59Sound » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Houston just played horribly in general. And even by Harden's standards, I thought he tried too hard to "take over" the game. That's a combination of him being over-hyped/feeling the pressure of "proving" himself against his old team, and how awful his teammates were playing.

Harden took one look at Jeremy Lin and said, "This guy clearly isn't even an NBA player. I better do my thing." Didn't work out so well, though.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
fallacy
RealGM
And1: 607

Post#1484 » by fallacy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:23 pm

in game one, Harden was 2-15 in the halfcourt and 4-4 on the fastbreak
**** Ron Artest
**** Marco Belinelli
Stephen Jackson aint bout dis lyfe
Patrick Beverly deserves to have his knee ripped to pieces
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,440

Post#1485 » by toodles23 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:41 pm

tsherkin wrote:Not a strong start to the series for Harden. This kind of falls in line with my expectations, though. Lebron and Durant weren't a ton better in their first series as The Man, though I'm not suggesting he's at their level.

If he flames out over the whole series, that'll effectively put to bed the idea that he's a superstar until such time as he redeems himself in the playoffs.

?

Lebron averaged 36/7.5/6 on 60 TS% in his first playoff series.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,958

Post#1486 » by tsherkin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:48 pm

toodles23 wrote:
tsherkin wrote:Not a strong start to the series for Harden. This kind of falls in line with my expectations, though. Lebron and Durant weren't a ton better in their first series as The Man, though I'm not suggesting he's at their level.

?

Lebron averaged 36/7.5/6 on 60 TS% in his first playoff series.

Yep, bawlz. Was thinking more of Durant and early Lebron's RS struggles, plus LBJ versus the Spurs. Oops!
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#1487 » by JordansBulls » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:03 am

I hope the Rockets can get Dwight next year to pair with Harden. Would like to see him in a role where he has another big time player next to him.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
daschysta
Assistant Coach
And1: 347

Post#1488 » by daschysta » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:24 am

He is a bit one dimensional in that he relies on free throws so much, and if he isn't getting to the line and he can't exploit the pick and role he really begins to struggle. He needs to diversify or else teams with time to focus their D on him in particular will make his life hell in the playoffs. This wasn't an issue when teams had to stop Westy and Durant too, but it is when he's the focal point of a team. Still a really, really good player and legit all-star of course. Superstar? We'll see, he has defensive deficiencies and though his offensive game is really efficient typically it would be nice if he switched it up a bit so he can be that efficient in the post-season as well.

Return to Player Comparisons