Total votes: 36

Ace_Rockola
Rookie
And1: 567

Re: Wall vs. Irving vs. Rubio 

Post#21 » by Ace_Rockola » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:41 am

Saciid11 wrote:
dangermouse wrote:
NYCrusader wrote:Rubio was compared to Jason Kidd after his first game, many screamed overreaction....

When you look at their stats from their rookie season they are very similar...

Rubio so far...

10 and 7.9

Kidd 1994-1995

11 and 7.7

Wall

16 and 8.3

whats your point?

Flavor of the month is Rubio... anyway Kidd also had 6 or 7 rebound in his rookie years to along with 11ppg and 7.7 assist in 82 games.... If Rubio becomes the defender, rebounder and playmaker Kidd was I would take him over any point guard in the league with the exception of Chris Paul... But he is not the rebounder, defender and the playmaker Kidd was ...

Rubios defense has been pretty good thus far. Last night he had 2 steals in a row off Rose and kept him from driving a couple other times, you could tell Rose was frustrated with Rubio guarding him.

Kidd averages 5.4 rebounds per game in his rookie season.

Rubio is averaging 3.9 thus far, playing next to the best rebounder in the league.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#22 » by Roger Murdock » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:55 am

Torcher wrote:
orangeparka wrote:Eh, gimme Irving.

He's 19 and terrific all-around. He has a really nice jumper already, and is very crafty getting to the rim. He plays very unselfish and is a very good passer/playmaker as well. I can see him becoming like a D-Will.

Rubio's an excellent playmaker but there's very little scoring potential in him. I don't think he can be the best player on a really good team, but he can be a great leader and an elite passer/defender like JKidd lite.

Do you really need to score to be a great point guard? Sure, it helps a player if he can hit an open shot, but the point guard's main responsibility is to distribute the ball, not to score. I think people today confuse the point guard's duty, as there are so many PGs today that score first.

Kyrie doesn't dominate the ball when he scores. He does it within the flow of the game. Its really pretty nice. Hes never going to get the assists Rubio will, but I think he can be as effective running an offense, because he can call his own name 10x better than Rubio can, and at the same time has no problems passing and playing off ball.
NYCrusader
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#23 » by NYCrusader » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:57 am

dangermouse wrote:
NYCrusader wrote:Rubio was compared to Jason Kidd after his first game, many screamed overreaction....

When you look at their stats from their rookie season they are very similar...

Rubio so far...

10 and 7.9

Kidd 1994-1995

11 and 7.7

Wall

16 and 8.3

whats your point?

Wall was playing 10 more minutes a game and taking 14 shots a game to Rubio's current 8...

Rubio at this point in his career is not going to be a volume shooter, but if he was averaging 38 minutes a game instead of 27 his assist would be a lot higher...
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#24 » by KF10 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:57 am

Wall has the most natural talent out of the three but I trust Rubio more to run my team. His shooting has been a pleasant surprise. On the other hand, Wall's jumper has been complete ass and looks more broken than ever.

I haven't seen much of Irving, so I can't say anything about him..
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#25 » by orangeparka » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:16 am

Roger Murdock wrote:
Torcher wrote:
orangeparka wrote:Eh, gimme Irving.

He's 19 and terrific all-around. He has a really nice jumper already, and is very crafty getting to the rim. He plays very unselfish and is a very good passer/playmaker as well. I can see him becoming like a D-Will.

Rubio's an excellent playmaker but there's very little scoring potential in him. I don't think he can be the best player on a really good team, but he can be a great leader and an elite passer/defender like JKidd lite.

Do you really need to score to be a great point guard? Sure, it helps a player if he can hit an open shot, but the point guard's main responsibility is to distribute the ball, not to score. I think people today confuse the point guard's duty, as there are so many PGs today that score first.

Kyrie doesn't dominate the ball when he scores. He does it within the flow of the game. Its really pretty nice. Hes never going to get the assists Rubio will, but I think he can be as effective running an offense, because he can call his own name 10x better than Rubio can, and at the same time has no problems passing and playing off ball.

Yep this. With Rubio, you're gonna need a closer or perimeter player who can create his own shot.

Return to Player Comparisons