Griffin
21%

Total votes: 14

Strange Clouds
Banned User
And1: 222

Andrew Bynum Vs Blake Griffin 

Post#1 » by Strange Clouds » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:34 am

Better player? Better upcoming season? Any chance of any of them cracking top10 player next season? Discuss.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,481

Re: Andrew Bynum Vs Blake Griffin 

Post#2 » by picc » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Bynum is better.

I just don't think Griffin is that good at all.
X-Factor
Bench Warmer
And1: 34

Post#3 » by X-Factor » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:05 pm

A healthy Bynum can possibly crack the top 10 this upcoming season on the basis that you would expect continued improvements from him despite being a #1 option for the first time in his career who struggles with double teams I think he'd be able to work pass that. Griffin however has immense potential IMO and is an extremely hard worker and once he can develop his game on the offensive end and become a semi defensive player I can see him being a better player down the road than a healthy Andrew Bynum.
Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
Malcolm X
SoulInTheHole7
Banned User
And1: 97

Post#4 » by SoulInTheHole7 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Bynum is better right now, and could be better in the future if he screwed his head on. But something tells me Bynum will never truly live up his potential, so I'll take Blake for the future.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,713

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Bynum is obv the better player but as much as I hate Blake's game I too would rather risk my franchise on him. I just dont trust Bynum especially after he gets his next max deal. I at least feel confident Blake is going to give max effort all the time.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
thizznation
Starter
And1: 778

Post#6 » by thizznation » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:22 pm

I got trashed in another thread for picking Bynum over Griffin. :-?
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,291

Post#7 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:38 am

Ahh, they're about even really. People underestimate Griffin because they think he's little more than a highlight factory, but that's just not the case. He has decent skills on offense, he's a great/underrated passer, and his defense is actually getting better(Bynum has the edge though because he's a much better shot blocker and a slightly better man to man defender).

Bynum is really solid on both sides of the court, and he could have a break out season next year w/ something like 24/12/2, but Blake could do the same thing as well and put up 26/12/3/1 in a couple of years -- they shoot similar percentages, and put up similar numbers so defense is a big factor here( But Bynum isn't exactly an elite defender either though) I personally, like Blake a little more.

Better player right now, I'd go with Griffin, Bynum honestly is a breakout season waiting to happen, so I say he's gonna have the better season next year though.

Return to Player Comparisons