Can LeBron catch MJ and be GOAT in your list?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Can LeBron catch MJ and be GOAT in your list?

Yes, likely to happen
29%
Yes, but slim chance
36%
No, but wouldn't bet on it
7%
Definitely not
27%

Total votes: 124

Superbasketball
Senior
And1: 128

Re: Can LeBron catch MJ and be GOAT in your list? 

Post#141 » by Superbasketball » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:23 pm

When looking at finals record can you say 3-2 and take the Spurs 07 and GSW 15 away? I mean I guess Lebron could have won in theory vs GSW in 15 but considering the load he had without Kyrie and Love it was highly improbable unless maybe Cavs were to have one game 1 or Cavs managed to get hot in game 4 going up 3-1.

What I am saying is I don't think it is fair to say his record is 3-4 considering that his first finals he probably had the worst supporting cast and was playing the Spurs. Then losing Kyrie and Love reduced the margin of error, GSW could key in on Lebron.
mischievous
General Manager
And1: 3,482

Post#142 » by mischievous » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

NBADFS wrote:When looking at finals record can you say 3-2 and take the Spurs 07 and GSW 15 away? I mean I guess Lebron could have won in theory vs GSW in 15 but considering the load he had without Kyrie and Love it was highly improbable unless maybe Cavs were to have one game 1 or Cavs managed to get hot in game 4 going up 3-1.

What I am saying is I don't think it is fair to say his record is 3-4 considering that his first finals he probably had the worst supporting cast and was playing the Spurs. Then losing Kyrie and Love reduced the margin of error, GSW could key in on Lebron.

Well when looking at 07, no nobody should count losing that against him but the fact remains that he played poorly and yes that should count against him. People bring up that his teammates weren't good etc, well he had no problem dominating the Pistons.
Superbasketball
Senior
And1: 128

Post#143 » by Superbasketball » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:16 pm

mischievous wrote:
NBADFS wrote:When looking at finals record can you say 3-2 and take the Spurs 07 and GSW 15 away? I mean I guess Lebron could have won in theory vs GSW in 15 but considering the load he had without Kyrie and Love it was highly improbable unless maybe Cavs were to have one game 1 or Cavs managed to get hot in game 4 going up 3-1.

Well when looking at 07, no nobody should count losing that against him but the fact remains that he played poorly and yes that should count against him. People bring up that his teammates weren't good etc, well he had no problem dominating the Pistons.

Amin had Lebron in the top 3 behind Jordan and Kareem before the finals this year. He did mention all the finals he went to but I think he should have been in the finals all those years. To lose to an non elite team would not be good even though the Pacers, Boston, Bulls were pretty good back then but not the Spurs or even OKC.

Return to Player Comparisons