F-Lebron
F-Bird
G-Robinson
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Re: Surround this duo with 3 players to finish 98-0 

Post#42 » by Dominator83 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:03 am

I'm kinda surprised Shaq hasn't gotten a few more nods. Yea I know that he ate up some space and couldn't shoot, but Orlando Shaq was pretty damn athletic and mobile.

Curry
Mj
Lebron
Duncan
Shaq (Orlando version)
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,187

Post#43 » by CodeBreaker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:14 am

MEGAQUIB wrote:Pg- Lebron
Sg- MJ
Sf- Pippen
Pf- Rodman
C- Hakeem

Adding a young prime Lebron and a great 2-way center to the best team of all time probably gets it done. I wanted to stay defensive because defense doesn't go cold. 1 of night in 98 games could cost a poor defensive team.

You have a clogged lane right there. Not much spacing. No outside shooters. I don't think this will work and go 98-0.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#44 » by bledredwine » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:52 am

SG - Jordan SF - Lebron, then..... PG - Nash PF - Bird or Dirk. C - Hakeem. That team has the size, defense, floor generals and shooting to cream everyone.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#45 » by Samurai » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:13 pm

I would add Curry, KG and Russell (or Walton but Russell would be my first choice st center)
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by CodeBreaker » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:41 pm

Samurai wrote:I would add Curry, KG and Russell (or Walton but Russell would be my first choice st center)

Why Russell? Hakeem was also a defensive center and could have contributed more on offense?
thekdog34
Starter
And1: 782

Post#47 » by thekdog34 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:44 pm

Curry
Jordan
LeBron
KG
Duncan
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,505

Post#48 » by 70sFan » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:45 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:
Samurai wrote:I would add Curry, KG and Russell (or Walton but Russell would be my first choice st center)

Why Russell? Hakeem was also a defensive center and could have contributed more on offense?

Russell is better defensively and less ball-dominant. Russell is ideal here because you don't need more offense. Actually, Russell is also better passer and P&R player for what it's worth.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#49 » by Samurai » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:32 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:

So I have Jordan, LeBron, Curry and KG. But you don't think that there is enough offense among those 4 so they also need Hakeem? I disagree. I think they would do better with a center that does NOT need to score but is a better screen setter and passer. Russell is arguably the greatest defensive player ever and is also a better rebounder than Hakeem. I am pretty comfortable in taking Russell as a better fit for this team than Hakeem.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by CodeBreaker » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:27 pm

Samurai wrote:
CodeBreaker wrote:

So I have Jordan, LeBron, Curry and KG. But you don't think that there is enough offense among those 4 so they also need Hakeem? I disagree. I think they would do better with a center that does NOT need to score but is a better screen setter and passer. Russell is arguably the greatest defensive player ever and is also a better rebounder than Hakeem. I am pretty comfortable in taking Russell as a better fit for this team than Hakeem.

Nah i didn't say that. Your team has more than enough offense. I just thought Hakeem was also a defensive center, but can offer something in the offense too. I like the things you pointed out for Russell as the better screen setter and passer.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#51 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:43 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, And a great shooter/defender as the other player. Maybe Kawhi or KD. I don't see a need for a true PG, ans I'd rather add size/athleticism and shooting to that spot.

This. Probably Kawhi because he's a better defender.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#52 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:17 pm

I choose Russell as my center. He raises my ceiling on defense and as a rebounder which is key to going 98-0. He also is an intense leader which helps the team show up every night.

Curry as my PG. With Jordan, Lebron and Russell I need more 3pt shooting and Curry's spacing will help take attention off the other players. His flamethrower status can help win the close games needed to go 98-0.

The hardest pick is PF. Garnett would make me even more dominant on defense, but I'm worried still about not having enough 3pt shooting. I'm going to sacrifice a bit of D and take Bird here who hopefully would be a sharpshooter in modern game.

PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Lebron James
PF - Larry Bird
C - Bill Russell
JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#53 » by JLei » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:43 pm

Curry
Jordan
Bron
Garnett
Robinson

Defensively speaks for itself. They would force a million turnovers a game (even Curry helps on this front) and guard the half court amazingly.

Lebron at point generally. Running a lot of Floppy for MJ and Curry and Horns. Can also run them with Curry with Bron spaced in the corner (13/ 14 Bron shoots corner 3's very well).

Ugh double highs with Garnett popping and Robinson rim running would just be disgusting/ with Curry in the opposite corner OMG (not that a PG bumping down on a rolling Robinson is going to do jack ****). Bron is the best passer here and can just pick apart teams with MJ and Curry coming off screens.

Not so much that MJ and Curry aren't as good on ball but Bron is definitely not as good off ball and him being the best passer just makes it best for him to have the ball. MJ is still going to get the most shots/ points since he was god like off screens too.
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#54 » by ardee » Tue Aug 8, 2017 11:01 pm

I would probably pick Chauncey Billups, Larry Bird and David Robinson. Jordan and LeBron is enough ball-handling, I want off-ball shooters who can play team defense and a rim protector who can pass.

Bird is also very useful because he is probably the only player in history who can snap at Jordan and LeBron and put them in their places if they start whining about each other.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by CodeBreaker » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:20 am

Dr Positivity wrote:I choose Russell as my center. He raises my ceiling on defense and as a rebounder which is key to going 98-0. He also is an intense leader which helps the team show up every night.

Curry as my PG. With Jordan, Lebron and Russell I need more 3pt shooting and Curry's spacing will help take attention off the other players. His flamethrower status can help win the close games needed to go 98-0.

The hardest pick is PF. Garnett would make me even more dominant on defense, but I'm worried still about not having enough 3pt shooting. I'm going to sacrifice a bit of D and take Bird here who hopefully would be a sharpshooter in modern game.

PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Lebron James
PF - Larry Bird
C - Bill Russell

Why Bird instead of Dirk?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#56 » by Prez » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:36 am

Curry
Jordan
LeBron
Bird
Duncan
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#57 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:46 am

CodeBreaker wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:I choose Russell as my center. He raises my ceiling on defense and as a rebounder which is key to going 98-0. He also is an intense leader which helps the team show up every night.

PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Lebron James
PF - Larry Bird
C - Bill Russell

Why Bird instead of Dirk?

Better defender and rebounder, better passer and just more superhuman IQ, as good or better a shooter
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,734

Post#58 » by DayofMourning » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:48 am

Add Kawhi, Klay and Admiral.

Lebron and MJ are high usage and would negate the need for a pure point.

Jordan, James and Kawhi would be a juggernaut defensively. Add in a GOAT defender in DRob and thats going to be a tough squad to score on.

Good spacing too, with Klay and Kawhi shooting high percentages from distance and Robinson a great face up center.
COSBY
Senior
And1: 98

Post#59 » by COSBY » Wed Aug 9, 2017 2:22 am

16 Curry
86 Bird
03 Duncan
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#60 » by Baller1234a » Wed Aug 9, 2017 2:24 am

Jordan Lebron Bird Garnett Russell
Lebron and Bird is a perfect fit Russell and Garnett gives intensity and defense
MJ is MJ
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]

Return to Player Comparisons