PC Board OT Thread Take 3

Moderators: trex_8063, PaulieWal, Quotatious, penbeast0, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#1 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Aug 1, 2017 7:00 pm

Just hit 200 pages! Let's start fresh :)

Previous threads

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1337182

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1423265
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 10,894

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#2 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Aug 1, 2017 11:21 pm

Aquaman would beat Batman
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 3,636

Post#3 » by penbeast0 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 1:04 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:Aquaman would beat Batman

In a fair fight, of course. Batman is still only human, Aquaman is a metahuman. But . . . why would Batman ever fight fair?
[quote="Nivek"] This post could come only from a Wizards fan. It somehow combines delusional optimism with soul-crushing pessimism.
CodeBreaker
Veteran
And1: 1,955

Post#4 » by CodeBreaker » Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:49 am

No. because, he is THE Batman!
Hawk
Sixth Man
And1: 762

Post#5 » by Hawk » Wed Aug 2, 2017 9:14 am

PockyCandy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 15,876

Post#6 » by PockyCandy » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:23 pm

My 3 least favorite fanbases:

1: Kobe fanboys

2: Clipper "Fans"
3: Alabama "Alumni"

My Youtube Channel. The #1 place to watch highlights of classic running-backs AND forgotten NBA legends:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRCZ96IaHDaW8xr5TZq3GUQ
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#7 » by Clyde Frazier » Sun Aug 6, 2017 1:55 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Damn.

Edit: did my own search as we know ESPN can be sensationalist... He was incredible.

http://pfref.com/tiny/vAtze
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,812

Post#8 » by trex_8063 » Sun Aug 6, 2017 4:24 am

Our cat just did the "Iverson steps over Tyrone Lue" right over my wife's face......practically tea-bagged her for a moment. It was pretty hilarious. :D
All-Time NE Fantasy Team
PG-Chauncey Billups (06-08)/Terry Porter (91-93)
SG-George Gervin (78-80)/Danny Green
SF-R. Barry (67-70)/Bruce Bowen (04-06)
PF-Ho Grant (92-94)/D. Cowens (74-76)
C-D. Robinson (94-96)/Kevin Willis (92-94)
Bill Sharman (coach)
ardee
RealGM
And1: 3,818

Post#9 » by ardee » Sun Aug 6, 2017 6:49 pm

Batman is unbeatable with enough prep time. If you just dropped them on a flat plain with no warning and they fought then Aquaman has the advantage... but if you let Batman know in the Batcave and Aquaman know in Atlantis that they needed to kill each other... Batman wins everytime. He's taken out Superman multiple times, even beaten Darkseid. He may not kill Arthur directly, but he'd use his weaknesses against him. Probably kidnap Meera, find out what Aquaman's "kryptonite" is....

Bats all the way.
PockyCandy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by PockyCandy » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:10 am

trex_8063 wrote:Our cat just did the "Iverson steps over Tyrone Lue" right over my wife's face......practically tea-bagged her for a moment. It was pretty hilarious. :D

Did it look something like this?:

My Youtube Channel. The #1 place to watch highlights of classic running-backs AND forgotten NBA legends:

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,134

Post#11 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:44 am

FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 9,237

Post#12 » by Dr Spaceman » Mon Aug 7, 2017 7:56 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Damn.

Edit: did my own search as we know ESPN can be sensationalist... He was incredible.

Man crazy how time flies. I remember in Madden 04, back when I was like 10, he was the best player in the game other than Michael Vick. My best friend one drafted LT with the first pick in a fantasy draft franchise, and in the first preseason game he suffered a career-ending (life ending?) broken back. I won the super bowl hat season :wink:

Haven't watched football in a decade, but respect to anyone who becomes a legend in any sport.

EDIT: That was back when the same friend's mom would go through the game and turn off all the songs with swear words
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
ardee
RealGM

Post#13 » by ardee » Mon Aug 7, 2017 8:38 am

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Damn.

Man crazy how time flies. I remember in Madden 04, back when I was like 10, he was the best player in the game other than Michael Vick. My best friend one drafted LT with the first pick in a fantasy draft franchise, and in the first preseason game he suffered a career-ending (life ending?) broken back. I won the super bowl hat season :wink:

Haven't watched football in a decade, but respect to anyone who becomes a legend in any sport.

EDIT: That was back when the same friend's mom would go through the game and turn off all the songs with swear words

You're 23?
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 9,237

Post#14 » by Dr Spaceman » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:41 pm

ardee wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Damn.

You're 23?

I'm 24.5
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
ardee
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#15 » by ardee » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:55 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:
ardee wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

You're 23?

I'm 24.5

Oh right, Madden 04 must have been out in 03.

I'm 23, just thought you'd be a bit older haha

Sent from my SM-J700F using RealGM mobile app
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 10,894

Post#16 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:43 am

ardee wrote:

Batman is unbeatable with enough prep time. If you just dropped them on a flat plain with no warning and they fought then Aquaman has the advantage... but if you let Batman know in the Batcave and Aquaman know in Atlantis that they needed to kill each other... Batman wins everytime. He's taken out Superman multiple times, even beaten Darkseid. He may not kill Arthur directly, but he'd use his weaknesses against him. Probably kidnap Meera, find out what Aquaman's "kryptonite" is....

Bats all the way.

Batman has never beaten Superman before, that's just stuff people say because they've fought and Batman came out alive. I don't think he's ever really "beaten" Darkseid either.

Doom would whoop Batman's ass with prep. 8-)
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 18,509
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#17 » by E-Balla » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:26 pm

So there's been some controversy at Google at what could best be described as the tech dudebro mentality manifesto.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586-Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.html

As someone actually working in a tech field it pains me to see the support this crap has gained among the tech community. For people so smart its always funny to see how dumb they'll be to confirm their biases. He got fired today and people are pissed but how can you seriously keep someone with those beliefs on your team? What woman would want to work with him?

Either way I don't really have much to add to it but its probably the "idiot does something idiotic" story of the day.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 10,355

Post#18 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:52 pm

I mean I don't expect much from ESPN lists and all but I'm amazing lists as bad as the Undefeated's Top 50 black athletes in history passes editing room. Like good lord:

Tiger and Bonds aren't on the list
Curry is ahead of Lebron
Russell is 36th, Jim Brown 30th. Meanwhile Gabby Douglas is top 10
1. Using a team's play in games their star is injured should send you to SSS jail
2. ORTG/DRTG ranks are connected in back and forth play and energy expenditure
3. RAPM/RPM is proven measuring regular season value, but not postseason
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 18,509
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#19 » by E-Balla » Tue Aug 8, 2017 7:03 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:I mean I don't expect much from ESPN lists and all but I'm amazing lists as bad as the Undefeated's Top 50 black athletes in history passes editing room. Like good lord:

Tiger and Bonds aren't on the list
Curry is ahead of Lebron
Russell is 36th, Jim Brown 30th. Meanwhile Gabby Douglas is top 10

They did a public poll with over 10k responders. Its not their list but a survey monkey list they published.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
PockyCandy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by PockyCandy » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:22 am

E-Balla wrote:So there's been some controversy at Google at what could best be described as the tech dudebro mentality manifesto.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586-Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.html

As someone actually working in a tech field it pains me to see the support this crap has gained among the tech community. For people so smart its always funny to see how dumb they'll be to confirm their biases. He got fired today and people are pissed but how can you seriously keep someone with those beliefs on your team? What woman would want to work with him?

Either way I don't really have much to add to it but its probably the "idiot does something idiotic" story of the day.

My "Idiot does something Idiotic" story of the day is everything Trump is saying about North Korea right now. Does he really want to start WWIII?

Return to Player Comparisons