PC Board OT Thread Take 3

Moderators: trex_8063, PaulieWal, Quotatious, penbeast0, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 18,509
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#4521 » by E-Balla » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:36 pm

PockyCandy wrote:
E-Balla wrote:...

With the NFL season nearly upon us, what are your predictions for the Eagles season? Do you see Carson Wentz as having a MVP-caliber season?

and I have an sig bet in mind, if you're interested.

I don't really have predictions because Philly has been the most injury riddled team for 2 years in a row. Beyond that I think Philly is clearly the most talented team in football and if they can stay relatively healthy we should coast to a ring. Seriously when I look unit to unit we have an elite QB, below average but decent RBs, the best offensive line, the best WR/TE group, the best defensive line, a top 10 LB group, and a bottom 10 DB group. Really that's one weakness and it's one we had when we won it all, meanwhile our strengths are better and our offense should be on another level.

I think Wentz was close enough to MVP-caliber last year when he played even with a fractured back so there's no doubt in my mind he'll be MVP caliber if healthy.

I'm down for a sig bet any time too, no way the baby GOAT let's me down if Desean is healthy.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 6,468

Post#4522 » by Colbinii » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm

E-Balla wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:
E-Balla wrote:...

With the NFL season nearly upon us, what are your predictions for the Eagles season? Do you see Carson Wentz as having a MVP-caliber season?

I don't really have predictions because Philly has been the most injury riddled team for 2 years in a row. Beyond that I think Philly is clearly the most talented team in football and if they can stay relatively healthy we should coast to a ring. Seriously when I look unit to unit we have an elite QB, below average but decent RBs, the best offensive line, the best WR/TE group, the best defensive line, a top 10 LB group, and a bottom 10 DB group. Really that's one weakness and it's one we had when we won it all, meanwhile our strengths are better and our offense should be on another level.

I think Wentz was close enough to MVP-caliber last year when he played even with a fractured back so there's no doubt in my mind he'll be MVP caliber if healthy.

I'm down for a sig bet any time too, no way the baby GOAT let's me down if Desean is healthy.

I think the Vikings have the best WR/Te's but our O-line is trash.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.
PockyCandy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 15,876

Post#4523 » by PockyCandy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 pm

Colbinii wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:

Honestly, when is the last time we had a good offensive line? 2012? 2009?

My Youtube Channel. The #1 place to watch highlights of classic running-backs AND forgotten NBA legends:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRCZ96IaHDaW8xr5TZq3GUQ
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 6,468

Post#4524 » by Colbinii » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:01 pm

PockyCandy wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I don't really have predictions because Philly has been the most injury riddled team for 2 years in a row. Beyond that I think Philly is clearly the most talented team in football and if they can stay relatively healthy we should coast to a ring. Seriously when I look unit to unit we have an elite QB, below average but decent RBs, the best offensive line, the best WR/TE group, the best defensive line, a top 10 LB group, and a bottom 10 DB group. Really that's one weakness and it's one we had when we won it all, meanwhile our strengths are better and our offense should be on another level.

Honestly, when is the last time we had a good offensive line? 2012? 2009?

Whenever Matt Birk left! My god was he amazing.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,998

Post#4525 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:58 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — A top Trump administration official said Tuesday that the famous inscription on the Statue of Liberty welcoming immigrants into the country is about “people coming from Europe” and that America is looking to receive migrants “who can stand on their own two feet.”

The comments from Ken Cuccinelli, the acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, came a day after the Trump administration announced it would seek to deny green cards to migrants who seek Medicaid, food stamps, housing vouchers or other forms of public assistance. The move — and Cuccinelli’s defense — prompted an outcry from Democrats and immigration advocates who said the policy would favor wealthier immigrants and disadvantage those from poorer countries in Latin America and Africa.

https://apnews.com/290fe000b4584ddca46a6eb36a74a703?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_Politics&utm_source=Twitter

As if racism in the white house wasn't already front and center...
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#4526 » by E-Balla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:07 am

Colbinii wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:

Thielen and Diggs are amazing especially with Rudolph but the Eagles are waaaaay better. Not even really close.

Sure you might have a better duo in those two but Ertz and Alshon are a top tier duo, then we have Agholor, Desean, JJAW (rookie but look up what he did in college he was the best redzone threat in the nation), and Godert backing those two. 2 possession guys, a precise route runner, a great 6th blocker and good pass catcher, the GOAT deep WR ever, and a top tier slot receiver is an amazing receiving corp. Most upgraded unit on the team by far, Desean alone is going to make a huge difference being a deep threat.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
PockyCandy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 15,876

Post#4527 » by PockyCandy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:42 am

E-Balla wrote:Thielen and Diggs are amazing especially with Rudolph but the Eagles are waaaaay better. Not even really close.

Sure you might have a better duo in those two but Ertz and Alshon are a top tier duo, then we have Agholor, Desean, JJAW (rookie but look up what he did in college he was the best redzone threat in the nation), and Godert backing those two. 2 possession guys, a precise route runner, a great 6th blocker and good pass catcher, the GOAT deep WR ever, and a top tier slot receiver is an amazing receiving corp. Most upgraded unit on the team by far, Desean alone is going to make a huge difference being a deep threat.

The disrespect :nonono: .......

Seriously though, give me a few days to think of a sig bet, and I'll come up with a good one.

My Youtube Channel. The #1 place to watch highlights of classic running-backs AND forgotten NBA legends:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRCZ96IaHDaW8xr5TZq3GUQ
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#4528 » by E-Balla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 am

PockyCandy wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Thielen and Diggs are amazing especially with Rudolph but the Eagles are waaaaay better. Not even really close.

The disrespect :nonono: .......

Seriously though, give me a few days to think of a sig bet, and I'll come up with a good one.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/ptd_finder.cgi?request=1&match=career&year_min=1920&year_max=2018&game_type=R&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&group_by_pass=qb&distance_min=60&distance_max=99&quarter%5B%5D=1&quarter%5B%5D=2&quarter%5B%5D=3&quarter%5B%5D=4&quarter%5B%5D=5&order_by=game_date

I'm just following the facts man. :lol: How many other 32 year old WRs have led the league in YPC (he's led the league 3 of the last 5 seasons too)?
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 10,894

Post#4529 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:16 pm

please stop
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#4530 » by E-Balla » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:42 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:please stop

Look man, Randy is a nice 2nd place, but he had Brady, Cunningham, and Culpepper throwing bombs. Desean has really only had Vick for 2 years, and every other QB he's had has had a meh at best arm. Desean has more deep TDs than anyone else ever while only having a great deep QB once. Even last year at 32 he hit 20 plus MPH on more touches than any WR outside of Tyreke Hill who had way more touches (per touch he led the league).

Randy has a better jump ball undeniably but no one tracks the ball like Desean.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 3,818

Post#4531 » by ardee » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:33 am

Does anyone else use the app for this forum and is not getting any notifications lately?

Return to Player Comparisons