PC Board OT Thread Take 3

Moderators: Quotatious, Clyde Frazier, trex_8063, penbeast0, Doctor MJ, PaulieWal

HeartBreakKid
RealGM
Posts: 16,195
And1: 11,089
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
     

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#4581 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:54 am

E-Balla wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:I got Lamar and Ingram in my fantasy leagues really late, (one league I got Lamar in the 12th round). Ravens finna take me to the promise land

How did he go so late???? I thought he had a legit shot at being the #1 fantasy QB at least in points per week for when he's healthy. 12th round is egregious for someone with the legs and arm he has. Especially the legs, he would've been top 10 in fantasy last season if he started each game right over Brees. As a rookie.

Not sure how they overlooked how many fantasy points he got considering his starting time, but it's not rare to pick up QB studs in a lot of drafts. A lot of people over value named quarterbacks and waste high picks on them. The one where I got him in the 12th was a 10 man league. In my 12 man leagues I got him 8th and 10th.
User avatar
eminence
Head Coach
Posts: 6,381
And1: 3,441
Joined: Mar 07, 2015
 

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#4582 » by eminence » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:00 pm

For anybody who considers themselves a bit of a track follower, how do you weight times vs championship performance? Not getting into era differences.
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
User avatar
Jaivl
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,461
And1: 3,612
Joined: Jan 28, 2014
Location: A Coruña, Spain
Contact:
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#4583 » by Jaivl » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:00 pm

eminence wrote:For anybody who considers themselves a bit of a track follower, how do you weight times vs championship performance? Not getting into era differences.

Athletics is (mainly) an individual sport, not a huge amount of context to be applied. Big PBs matter, but not as much if you can't make them at the big competitions. Doesn't matter a iota if Pestano throws 69.50 m at home if he can't get past 64.00 m at any WC/EC/Oly/big meet.

See: Asafa Powell vs Justin Gatlin, Chistyakova vs JJK or Drechsler, etc.
Maf wrote:I'd undestand if anyone had KG outside top ten PF's. Having him top five all-time? Often I jokingly rank Kyle Korver as the GOAT but I never try to fake serious discussion about it.

ShawnKemp96 wrote:Infact he made a lot more steals than the statisticians think.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 7,908
And1: 3,844
Joined: Feb 24, 2013
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#4584 » by trex_8063 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:38 am

So I'm a Canadian resident, for anyone who didn't know, and last night was the school BBQ and open-house at my son's elementary school, which I took him to [wifey had to work late and couldn't come].
Anyway, he's showing me around his classroom and showing his various folders of what they've been doing in school, and he shows me his language arts folder.
Inside there are all these articles/stories/whatev that they must read, and then answer questions at the end (pertaining to reading comprehension and retention, identifying nouns/adjectives, and so forth)........and the first article in the coursework was titled "Goodbye Kawhi (and thanks)".

:wassup:
Maybe a bigger deal to the average Canadian than even I realized, if he's showing up [in this "no hard feelings for leaving" kind of way] in grade school curriculums.

The article also made a Game of Thrones reference, referring to Kawhi as "king in the North". :wink:
All-Time NE Fantasy Team
PG-Chauncey Billups (06-08)/Terry Porter (91-93)
SG-George Gervin (78-80)/Danny Green
SF-R. Barry (67-70)/Bruce Bowen (04-06)
PF-Ho Grant (92-94)/D. Cowens (74-76)
C-D. Robinson (94-96)/Kevin Willis (92-94)
Bill Sharman (coach)
User avatar
eminence
Head Coach
Posts: 6,381
And1: 3,441
Joined: Mar 07, 2015
 

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#4585 » by eminence » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:32 am

Jaivl wrote:
eminence wrote:For anybody who considers themselves a bit of a track follower, how do you weight times vs championship performance? Not getting into era differences.

Athletics is (mainly) an individual sport, not a huge amount of context to be applied. Big PBs matter, but not as much if you can't make them at the big competitions. Doesn't matter a iota if Pestano throws 69.50 m at home if he can't get past 64.00 m at any WC/EC/Oly/big meet.

See: Asafa Powell vs Justin Gatlin, Chistyakova vs JJK or Drechsler, etc.


I usually view it as a completely individual sport, so same there.

Was just contemplating where to put Mo on a best distance runners of the last ~30 years list. Range is another component I was having a tough time with (Rudisha was the guy there I wasn't sure what to do with).
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
User avatar
ardee
RealGM
Posts: 12,603
And1: 3,860
Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Location: Caught in the undertow
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#4586 » by ardee » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:35 am

Kind of random but I think in recent years the discussion surrounding Kobe on this board has gotten better. With a turnover in posters there is a lesser percentage of the regulars who have an irrational hatred of him and rank him 18 or 19 in their ATL. Even the people who rank him outside the top 10 seem to respect him more. The discussion in the current project surrounding him been very good, we got him from 23 in the last peak project to 20 in this one. Next time let's aim for top 15 8-)
User avatar
Jaivl
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,461
And1: 3,612
Joined: Jan 28, 2014
Location: A Coruña, Spain
Contact:
   

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#4587 » by Jaivl » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:52 pm

eminence wrote:
Jaivl wrote:
eminence wrote:For anybody who considers themselves a bit of a track follower, how do you weight times vs championship performance? Not getting into era differences.

Athletics is (mainly) an individual sport, not a huge amount of context to be applied. Big PBs matter, but not as much if you can't make them at the big competitions. Doesn't matter a iota if Pestano throws 69.50 m at home if he can't get past 64.00 m at any WC/EC/Oly/big meet.

See: Asafa Powell vs Justin Gatlin, Chistyakova vs JJK or Drechsler, etc.


I usually view it as a completely individual sport, so same there.

Was just contemplating where to put Mo on a best distance runners of the last ~30 years list. Range is another component I was having a tough time with (Rudisha was the guy there I wasn't sure what to do with).

Haile, El Guerrouj, Bekele... maybe Kipchoge? Not the most knowledgeable about distance running.
Maf wrote:I'd undestand if anyone had KG outside top ten PF's. Having him top five all-time? Often I jokingly rank Kyle Korver as the GOAT but I never try to fake serious discussion about it.

ShawnKemp96 wrote:Infact he made a lot more steals than the statisticians think.

Return to Player Comparisons