PC Board OT Thread Take 3

Moderators: trex_8063, PaulieWal, Quotatious, penbeast0, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

eminence
Head Coach
And1: 3,357

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#4441 » by eminence » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:46 pm

Hmm, I find Warren somewhat likable, surprisingly harsh polls there.
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 18,544
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#4442 » by E-Balla » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Zeitgeister wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
E-Balla wrote:So I want to point out you're 100% right on the sexism angle. The only argument I can get that someone else would win is the sexism angle imo. There's enough sexists that would've flipped the election and that's also why I don't like the "they're not charismatic" angle. No one really ever calls female politicians charismatic.

But definitely the system is flawed and I think sooner or later the system is going to devour itself. The Constitution wasn't meant to never be changed.

Just saw this pop up in my Google feed and it's funny we were just discussing this (sidebar: damn this thread is popping now lol)

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/23/20699724/likability-gender-new-hampshire-poll-warren-harris

I'm not surprised. It's anecdotal but I've just heard from too many people "I don't trust a woman to be president" that it's pretty disturbing. It definitely makes the path to Presidency a difficult one for women.

I'm still shocked I got to see a black president before and hardly believe it happened (is it possible the world actually did end in 2008 and we're in a simulation?). If we get a woman in the White House I'd be just as stunned honestly.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#4443 » by E-Balla » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:54 pm

eminence wrote:Hmm, I find Warren somewhat likable, surprisingly harsh polls there.

Warren I knew wasn't seen as likable at all (I know even though I feel she's the best candidate I don't like her) but I thought Harris' whole thing was her charisma. I mean I hate her politics but she's a fast talker and personable, bad likability numbers for someone like her are insane. On the other side of that we have Booker who... Yeah... But still has higher likability than them.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 9,244

Post#4444 » by Dr Spaceman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:55 pm

E-Balla wrote:
ronnymac2 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:One of the most attractive women I’ve ever known was 42. She was witty and charming and fit and took care of herself and made good money. She was way hotter than any 18 or 19 year old I’ve ever met.

I'm too dumb to get into the politics conversation, but amen to this. I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older or what, but I'm just as attracted to age 38-46 as age 22-26. Listen, hot 22 year olds are hot, but I like to say my age range is 22 to whatever age Christine Brinkley is at any given time. Good googly moogly.

Y'all wild. Different strokes for different folks but outside of Alicia Keys imma stay out of the 35+ range lol. I feel it's more about where you are in life compared to me than anything else. Being immature or so mature I see you as an elder makes someone instantly unattractive to me, it's odd.

I think it’s just a type of stride certain people hit in their late 30s. Like a person just becomes confident and assertive and competent and drops their insecurities and it’s super intoxicating to be around. Some people have just figured life out and know what they want and how to get it and it’s amazingly cool.
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
eminence
Head Coach

Post#4445 » by eminence » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:01 pm

E-Balla wrote:
eminence wrote:Hmm, I find Warren somewhat likable, surprisingly harsh polls there.

Warren I knew wasn't seen as likable at all (I know even though I feel she's the best candidate I don't like her) but I thought Harris' whole thing was her charisma. I mean I hate her politics but she's a fast talker and personable, bad likability numbers for someone like her are insane. On the other side of that we have Booker who... Yeah... But still has higher likability than them.

Hmm, maybe that's what puts me off Harris (likability wise), never been much for fast talkers.

But yeah, those types of gaps make it pretty clear it's a gender thing.

And toddlers are the only people in life who really know what they want, definitely not folks in their 40's ;)
'18-'19 5th of 18
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#4446 » by E-Balla » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:05 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
ronnymac2 wrote:
I'm too dumb to get into the politics conversation, but amen to this. I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older or what, but I'm just as attracted to age 38-46 as age 22-26. Listen, hot 22 year olds are hot, but I like to say my age range is 22 to whatever age Christine Brinkley is at any given time. Good googly moogly.

Y'all wild. Different strokes for different folks but outside of Alicia Keys imma stay out of the 35+ range lol. I feel it's more about where you are in life compared to me than anything else. Being immature or so mature I see you as an elder makes someone instantly unattractive to me, it's odd.

I think it’s just a type of stride certain people hit in their late 30s. Like a person just becomes confident and assertive and competent and drops their insecurities and it’s super intoxicating to be around. Some people have just figured life out and know what they want and how to get it and it’s amazingly cool.

Maybe I just meet very mature women because I meet tons of women in the 24-28 range that know what they want... Actually I'm in a slight situationship now because one of them decided she wanted me. :lol:
Dr Spaceman
General Manager

Post#4447 » by Dr Spaceman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:19 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Y'all wild. Different strokes for different folks but outside of Alicia Keys imma stay out of the 35+ range lol. I feel it's more about where you are in life compared to me than anything else. Being immature or so mature I see you as an elder makes someone instantly unattractive to me, it's odd.

Maybe I just meet very mature women because I meet tons of women in the 24-28 range that know what they want... Actually I'm in a slight situationship now because one of them decided she wanted me. :lol:

Play on playa. Good for you man.
Timmyyy
Junior
And1: 292

Post#4448 » by Timmyyy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:20 pm

Eskobar13 wrote:Maybe she likes Kraftwerk timmy. Or maybe Rammstein? :O

edit: Haven't listened to Pink Floyd in years but it was a great "transition" band for me. Money is still an absolute tune. I once did an art piece in school with the cover of Dark Side of the Moon... got a F.

I hope those two aren't your association when you think of german music :D . I'm not the biggest fan of german music but we definitely have some talented musicians and bands, that in my opinion are more pleasant to hear than Kraftwerk and Rammstein. But hey to each his own.

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:But that politics discussion is weird as f***, some comments even cringy. Respect to Spaceman for challenging this weird POV on society.

Thanks. I know there’s a lot of men in their early 20s who frequent this forum (tons of people read who don’t post) and those are exactly who is targeted by these weird cult-like internet groups. I don’t think the problem is anywhere near as bad in Europe but there’s a lot of bad stuff brewing among young men in the US who are becoming hateful and violent and I want to step in just a little bit.

Yeah you are absolutely right.
In Europe every country has its issues too and I am not going to pretend to know too much about the political landscape in society in the US, but from what we hear and see here in Europe it appears a lot of your society is drifting in extremes left and right and the more one side drifts, the more the other one drifts if you understand what I mean (and correct me if I'm wrong it is just how it appears from faaaar away). And I see extreme (stone age?) conservative views like the one in question as a result of that.

But now its really enough for me with politics.

By the way pink floyd rules. :D
Dr Spaceman
General Manager

Post#4449 » by Dr Spaceman » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:21 pm

eminence wrote:And toddlers are the only people in life who really know what they want, definitely not folks in their 40's ;)

:lol: fair enough. I will say though a woman in her 40s who doesn’t have kids by choice has to have a certain level of “I don’t give a **** what the world thinks” which makes for a really fun person to be around.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 6,517

Post#4450 » by Colbinii » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:So I'm going to lock this thread soon anyway just to create a new one (we're at 222 pages and really supposed to keep threads to 100 :o), but I'm disappointed the turn this discussion has taken. Everyone is of course entitled to differing opinions, but a lot of this talk is frankly disturbing. I won't be handing out warnings, but I'm just not interested in seeing the darkest part of the internet on our board. I hope we won't see it going forward. Take that for what you will.

Quoting to make thread longer.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#4451 » by Colbinii » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:27 pm

Eskobar13 wrote: I definitely would advise to visit Berlin if you haven't. It's the one city that I think of I had visited earlier I'd likely have chosen over Lisbon. Barcelona was the only other one in the running but I haven't been in 4 years and I don't think I'd choose it over Lisbon right now.

Cant second Berlin enough. It was my second favorite place in Europe outside of the Alps in Austria.

Colbinii
RealGM

Post#4452 » by Colbinii » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:
eminence wrote:And toddlers are the only people in life who really know what they want, definitely not folks in their 40's ;)

:lol: fair enough. I will say though a woman in her 40s who doesn’t have kids by choice has to have a certain level of “I don’t give a **** what the world thinks” which makes for a really fun person to be around.

I met this 36-year old at bar-close roughly 4 months ago and we have a strange and unique relationship. She makes well over 200k annually and treats me like she is my sugar mommy when we go out, it's weird and fun.

She lets me drive her car to overpriced brunch spots in the mornings and shares some weirdly personal stories.

People are strangely awesome in this world.

Eskobar13
Starter
And1: 1,286

Post#4453 » by Eskobar13 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:51 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Eskobar13 wrote: I definitely would advise to visit Berlin if you haven't. It's the one city that I think of I had visited earlier I'd likely have chosen over Lisbon. Barcelona was the only other one in the running but I haven't been in 4 years and I don't think I'd choose it over Lisbon right now.

Cant second Berlin enough. It was my second favorite place in Europe outside of the Alps in Austria.
It's such a versatile place. I love it for the multi-culturalism, rave scene, infrastructures... But at the same time there's a **** ton of people I know who love it who have completely different interests than me.

Than of course there's the fact that rent right now costs same as in Lisbon and salaries are like 2.5/3 times more lol great healthcare etc etc.

Basically Berlin has everything good and more than Lisbon currently has, plus actual quality of life.
Joey Wheeler
Sixth Man
And1: 1,129

Post#4454 » by Joey Wheeler » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:07 pm

Eskobar13 wrote:
Joey Wheeler wrote:
Eskobar13 wrote:
Oh trust me I know very well about rich americans love for Cascais. Well, rich old people everywhere really.

But as you must know as well as me that stereotype of all americans thinking we're a province of Spain and not knowing where we are isn't born out of nothing. I have friends who've gone road tripping through the US and even as recently as last year they met a lot of people in the midwest and in the south who had no idea of where or what Portugal was.

To be fair I don't think this was always the case. Although we still have a long ways to go (infrastructure and transports mostly), the city has improved a lot over the past 5 or 6 years in terms of things to do and see. At least for the common tourist.

Unfortunately I have to agree with everything else you said as I feel it in my skin everyday. At the same time I'm getting to a point in my life were I don't think I'm ever leaving either.

Transports mostly for sure, our trains are old as **** and keep getting randomly delayed for no explained reason too, aside from the regular strikes. But yes in general the city has improved a lot in recent years, I agree, and everyone loves Lisbon.

I don't feel it in my skin yet, but that's out of sheer luck. I'm only 26yo and never really worked full time; my current situation is about to finish my Master's thesis and I live with my parents and brother ie no expenses and I can use the money I make work part-time to travel the world mostly and other interests. Tbf, although I like living with my family, I also kinda do it out of convenience and most of my friends my age, even those in serious lasting relationships (not my case), live with their parents too because in order to even rent your own place in Lisbon before you've actually got your career seriously going and have some real money saved up you have to give up on the rest of your life basically, forget travelling or even studying, you'll need to work full time to afford it and won't be able to afford much else.

I'm kinda insulated from real life in Lisbon because I'm lucky enough that my parents are well off enough that I only have to earn enough money to follow my hobbies/passions and not to actually ensure my livelihood. That is going to change soon of course, I'll have to "enter the real world" and even with an undergraduate law degree + Master's in translation about to be concluded there's no real guarantee I can find a job in Lisbon that gives me enough money to lead a comfortable life while moving out to my own place (even if shared with a friend or girlfriend), and even if it eventually happens it certainly won't be right away. I'm considering trying to work as a digital nomad for a period after defending my thesis, selling my services online and see if I can sustain a lifestyle where I work and travel simultaneously, it's a gamble I can only afford because of the buffer my parents give me though of course.

Odds are I'll try to move and build a life somewhere else in the near future. But I love living in Lisbon and it'd be pretty hard to live; and honestly there are only 3 cities in the world I've visited that I'd even consider moving to if I moved out of Lisbon: Barcelona, Tokyo and Sydney. Anywhere else I feel I'd be getting a worse life in terms of the stuff I enjoy doing that I do in Lisbon.
I'm only one year older than you (am I even? 92 born) but if I have any advice is definitely: keep living with your parents if it feels right.

I tried moving out first when I was only 22 because I was clashing too much with my mom but only ended up leaving more than 2 years later and it was the best thing that happened to me. I was able to save a ton of money while having a great life, didn't travel as much as I hoped but the savings now allow me to maintain my lifestyle for the most part even on a meh salary and paying a rent - which I can only do so because I share it with my gf and another friend :/

Most of my friends our age are in the same boat as you though, even some who already have good work, they either don't have any companions to split rent or they're choosing to keep their lifestyle while saving for their future.

I dunno you're interests and have never been to Sydney (almost went there to study lol) or Tokyo, but I definitely would advise to visit Berlin if you haven't. It's the one city that I think of I had visited earlier I'd likely have chosen over Lisbon. Barcelona was the only other one in the running but I haven't been in 4 years and I don't think I'd choose it over Lisbon right now.

No, you're not even a year older than me then, I'm from 1992 too, turning 27 on December 23. First of all, just want to say it's awesome to find someone else here living in the Lisbon area, my age basically, also a Sporting fan (used to be a regular matchgoer, not so much anymore) and while I don't really support OKC Westbrook is my favorite NBA player so I've been supporting them by proxy until now! I'm going to Japan tomorrow and will be there until the end of August, but when I'm back to Lisbon I'll defo PM you (in Portuguese of course) about potentially meeting up, maybe watch some NBA. If you're interested of course, not everyone likes meeting people they only know through the Internet

I'm glad things worked out well for you regarding timing of moving out. Hope your job and living situation improves soon enough though, I imagine you don't have much of a financial buffer these days. It's cool you get to live with your gf and friend though, saves you money, allows you to keep your lifestyle, so perfect. Still considering potentially moving out at some point tho? I guess it's not just your decision now, if you did move it'd be with your girlfriend so you'd both have to take that decision.

And yeah, living with my parents feels right; assuming I don't decide to move abroad, I'm not even going to consider moving out of the house until (and if of course) I'm in a very serious relationship with a girl, I'm not even saving up for it, all the money I earn working part time is to pursue my own interests.

Shame you missed out on the chance to study in Sydney, it's an awesome city! I love Berlin, visited twice and even stayed there for almost a full month when doing an internship with the European Union back in 2017, it's an amazing city with so much to do. However, not really a place I'd like to live in and the main reason is the climate. I'd put Amsterdam in the same boat of amazing cities I love visiting but wouldn't live in because of the climate. It's not simply a case of it being hard for us Portuguese people to get used to living in cold weather year long, I'd get used to it after a while; it's also not just about going to the beach, though I love living 5 minutes away from the beach of course; the main reason is one of my main hobbies/passions is outdoor fitness, I'm a semi-elite amateur runner, ride my bicycle everywhere (I should mention I don't live in center Lisbon, but in the Cascais line, in Parede, sometimes ride my bike to uni or workplace in center Lisbon when I have time to do it), etc... in Lisbon this is super easy to do year long and at any time of the day really (during the NBA Finals, I was basically doing half marathon training before all 6 games and getting back home just in time for the start of the games after a quick shower). In Berlin, this would simply be impossible to comfortably do for most of the year, which would require a substantial lifestyle change on my part.

Barcelona I'm biased because it's basically a second home to me, go there every year, have a lot of friends there, was my trip without my parents or teachers as a 17yo... I'm also a huge football fan so watching Messi every weekend at the Camp Nou would be awesome of course! Push comes to shove, I'd still choose Lisbon, just saying Barcelona is one of the other cities I'd consider living in.

Tokyo would never be on my list a few years ago, but now would be #1 choice probably. Reason being Tokyo is the perfect city for me except for having meh nightlife and Japan being a super sexually conservative country to put it mildly. I used to be a lot into partying hard and random one night stands or **** buddy things with hot girls, but I've kind of grown out of it after finishing my undergrad degree and only very rarely drink at all now, let alone party hard. Kinda doubled down on being super fit instead, which of course means greatly cutting down on alcohol. Tokyo would be my #1 choice to live in right now if I left Lisbon for sure.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#4455 » by E-Balla » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Play on playa. Good for you man.

I meant that in the worst way if anything.

help.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#4456 » by E-Balla » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:10 pm

Joey Wheeler wrote:
Eskobar13 wrote:
Joey Wheeler wrote:
Transports mostly for sure, our trains are old as **** and keep getting randomly delayed for no explained reason too, aside from the regular strikes. But yes in general the city has improved a lot in recent years, I agree, and everyone loves Lisbon.

I don't feel it in my skin yet, but that's out of sheer luck. I'm only 26yo and never really worked full time; my current situation is about to finish my Master's thesis and I live with my parents and brother ie no expenses and I can use the money I make work part-time to travel the world mostly and other interests. Tbf, although I like living with my family, I also kinda do it out of convenience and most of my friends my age, even those in serious lasting relationships (not my case), live with their parents too because in order to even rent your own place in Lisbon before you've actually got your career seriously going and have some real money saved up you have to give up on the rest of your life basically, forget travelling or even studying, you'll need to work full time to afford it and won't be able to afford much else.

I'm kinda insulated from real life in Lisbon because I'm lucky enough that my parents are well off enough that I only have to earn enough money to follow my hobbies/passions and not to actually ensure my livelihood. That is going to change soon of course, I'll have to "enter the real world" and even with an undergraduate law degree + Master's in translation about to be concluded there's no real guarantee I can find a job in Lisbon that gives me enough money to lead a comfortable life while moving out to my own place (even if shared with a friend or girlfriend), and even if it eventually happens it certainly won't be right away. I'm considering trying to work as a digital nomad for a period after defending my thesis, selling my services online and see if I can sustain a lifestyle where I work and travel simultaneously, it's a gamble I can only afford because of the buffer my parents give me though of course.

Odds are I'll try to move and build a life somewhere else in the near future. But I love living in Lisbon and it'd be pretty hard to live; and honestly there are only 3 cities in the world I've visited that I'd even consider moving to if I moved out of Lisbon: Barcelona, Tokyo and Sydney. Anywhere else I feel I'd be getting a worse life in terms of the stuff I enjoy doing that I do in Lisbon.
I'm only one year older than you (am I even? 92 born) but if I have any advice is definitely: keep living with your parents if it feels right.

I tried moving out first when I was only 22 because I was clashing too much with my mom but only ended up leaving more than 2 years later and it was the best thing that happened to me. I was able to save a ton of money while having a great life, didn't travel as much as I hoped but the savings now allow me to maintain my lifestyle for the most part even on a meh salary and paying a rent - which I can only do so because I share it with my gf and another friend :/

Most of my friends our age are in the same boat as you though, even some who already have good work, they either don't have any companions to split rent or they're choosing to keep their lifestyle while saving for their future.

I dunno you're interests and have never been to Sydney (almost went there to study lol) or Tokyo, but I definitely would advise to visit Berlin if you haven't. It's the one city that I think of I had visited earlier I'd likely have chosen over Lisbon. Barcelona was the only other one in the running but I haven't been in 4 years and I don't think I'd choose it over Lisbon right now.

No, you're not even a year older than me then, I'm from 1992 too, turning 27 on December 23. First of all, just want to say it's awesome to find someone else here living in the Lisbon area, my age basically, also a Sporting fan (used to be a regular matchgoer, not so much anymore) and while I don't really support OKC Westbrook is my favorite NBA player so I've been supporting them by proxy until now! I'm going to Japan tomorrow and will be there until the end of August, but when I'm back to Lisbon I'll defo PM you (in Portuguese of course) about potentially meeting up, maybe watch some NBA. If you're interested of course, not everyone likes meeting people they only know through the Internet

I'm glad things worked out well for you regarding timing of moving out. Hope your job and living situation improves soon enough though, I imagine you don't have much of a financial buffer these days. It's cool you get to live with your gf and friend though, saves you money, allows you to keep your lifestyle, so perfect. Still considering potentially moving out at some point tho? I guess it's not just your decision now, if you did move it'd be with your girlfriend so you'd both have to take that decision.

And yeah, living with my parents feels right; assuming I don't decide to move abroad, I'm not even going to consider moving out of the house until (and if of course) I'm in a very serious relationship with a girl, I'm not even saving up for it, all the money I earn working part time is to pursue my own interests.

Shame you missed out on the chance to study in Sydney, it's an awesome city! I love Berlin, visited twice and even stayed there for almost a full month when doing an internship with the European Union back in 2017, it's an amazing city with so much to do. However, not really a place I'd like to live in and the main reason is the climate. I'd put Amsterdam in the same boat of amazing cities I love visiting but wouldn't live in because of the climate. It's not simply a case of it being hard for us Portuguese people to get used to living in cold weather year long, I'd get used to it after a while; it's also not just about going to the beach, though I love living 5 minutes away from the beach of course; the main reason is one of my main hobbies/passions is outdoor fitness, I'm a semi-elite amateur runner, ride my bicycle everywhere (I should mention I don't live in center Lisbon, but in the Cascais line, in Parede, sometimes ride my bike to uni or workplace in center Lisbon when I have time to do it), etc... in Lisbon this is super easy to do year long and at any time of the day really (during the NBA Finals, I was basically doing half marathon training before all 6 games and getting back home just in time for the start of the games after a quick shower). In Berlin, this would simply be impossible to comfortably do for most of the year, which would require a substantial lifestyle change on my part.

Barcelona I'm biased because it's basically a second home to me, go there every year, have a lot of friends there, was my trip without my parents or teachers as a 17yo... I'm also a huge football fan so watching Messi every weekend at the Camp Nou would be awesome of course! Push comes to shove, I'd still choose Lisbon, just saying Barcelona is one of the other cities I'd consider living in.

Tokyo would never be on my list a few years ago, but now would be #1 choice probably. Reason being Tokyo is the perfect city for me except for having meh nightlife and Japan being a super sexually conservative country to put it mildly. I used to be a lot into partying hard and random one night stands or **** buddy things with hot girls, but I've kind of grown out of it after finishing my undergrad degree and only very rarely drink at all now, let alone party hard. Kinda doubled down on being super fit instead, which of course means greatly cutting down on alcohol. Tokyo would be my #1 choice to live in right now if I left Lisbon for sure.

Japan isn't sexually conservative but you have to specifically go to gaijin bars and westernized clubs. Basically have to seek out women that want to be less "Japanese".
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 10,908

Post#4457 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:38 am

Living in Asia I'd say women in their mid 30s and 40s can be quite attractive still. They tend to have a lot of their younger features and their bodies do not blow up. Gym I go to is filled with babes of all ages!
PockyCandy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 15,883

Post#4458 » by PockyCandy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:43 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:Living in Asia I'd say women in their mid 30s and 40s can be quite attractive still. They tend to have a lot of their younger features and their bodies do not blow up. Gym I go to is filled with babes of all ages!

My Youtube Channel. The #1 place to watch highlights of classic running-backs AND forgotten NBA legends:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRCZ96IaHDaW8xr5TZq3GUQ
eminence
Head Coach

Post#4459 » by eminence » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:40 am

*Update 2*

She's actually a pretty big fan of Tool. Not sure she's ever gotten into any German music. Has a mild fondness for 60's/70's rock she grew up listening to with her grandmother. Like all midwesterners who grew up in the 00's has a special spot for Eminem in her heart. Follows The Tinderbox as they're a group she played with some in college. Really likes the soundtrack to Hadestown. Big Nataly Dawn fan.
'18-'19 5th of 18
Joey Wheeler
Sixth Man
And1: 1,129

Post#4460 » by Joey Wheeler » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:38 am

E-Balla wrote:
Joey Wheeler wrote:
Eskobar13 wrote:I'm only one year older than you (am I even? 92 born) but if I have any advice is definitely: keep living with your parents if it feels right.

Japan isn't sexually conservative but you have to specifically go to gaijin bars and westernized clubs. Basically have to seek out women that want to be less "Japanese".

If you have to seek specific places and specific women, I'd say that qualifies Japan as sexually conservative. I didn't say it was impossible to get laid in Tokyo or anything, just that casual sex is much harder to get than in Europe and specifically Lisbon, or latin America for that matter.

It's actually a demographic problem that goes deeper than my admittedly selfish horny teenager/young adult issue of "It's hard to find hot girls willing to sleep with me without me putting in much work". Also, although women being 'sexually conservative' was the thing that directly interested me so I'm not into men, it's actually not a women issue at all in Japan, a huge % of Japanese men have no interest in sex either. Japan are going through a real population aging crisis due to young people's lack of interest in having sex. There is a ton of information online about Japan's population decline, I'll just share one relevant article: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/japan-sex-problem-demographic-time-bomb-birth-rates-sex-robots-fertility-crisis-virgins-romance-porn-a7831041.html

Return to Player Comparisons