PC Board OT Thread Take 3

Moderators: trex_8063, PaulieWal, Quotatious, penbeast0, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Outside
Analyst
And1: 3,535

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 3 

Post#4461 » by Outside » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:53 am

Colbinii wrote:
Eskobar13 wrote:
Timmyyy wrote:
Can confirm that from Germany too, although historically seen, we aren't the guys that should point our fingers :oops: .

But that politics discussion is weird as f***, some comments even cringy. Respect to Spaceman for challenging this weird POV on society.

But I would rather talk about eminence wife's music preferences.

Maybe she likes Kraftwerk timmy. Or maybe Rammstein? :O

edit: Haven't listened to Pink Floyd in years but it was a great "transition" band for me. Money is still an absolute tune. I once did an art piece in school with the cover of Dark Side of the Moon... got a F.

You didnt pick "Wish You Were Here"...would have been a D at minimum.

Meddle is my personal favorite, with Wish You Were Here after that. Have a Cigar is one of my favorite tracks about commercialization of popular music. Wish You Were Here had an all-time great album cover, too. I don't listen to anything from Dark Side of the Moon due to it being overplayed in my day.

The Wall is very good, though it suffers from being a bit self-indulgent and having that awful film made out of it. It was fantastic to see them perform it live in concert, essentially a musical stage show with an actual wall, lots of props and staging and accompanying animation.
Eskobar13
Starter
And1: 1,286

Post#4462 » by Eskobar13 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 am

Timmyyy wrote:
Eskobar13 wrote:Maybe she likes Kraftwerk timmy. Or maybe Rammstein? :O

edit: Haven't listened to Pink Floyd in years but it was a great "transition" band for me. Money is still an absolute tune. I once did an art piece in school with the cover of Dark Side of the Moon... got a F.

I hope those two aren't your association when you think of german music :D . I'm not the biggest fan of german music but we definitely have some talented musicians and bands, that in my opinion are more pleasant to hear than Kraftwerk and Rammstein. But hey to each his own.

I don't like Rammstein but I love Kraftwerk. Saw them at a techno festival 2 years ago presenting their 3D live show and it was amazing. They were super influential in a lot of the stuff I listen to now in terms of electronic/techno music.

I honestly don't know much more from german other than Can and Neu! - everything else is producers/djs.

Joey Wheeler wrote:
Eskobar13 wrote:
Joey Wheeler wrote:
Transports mostly for sure, our trains are old as **** and keep getting randomly delayed for no explained reason too, aside from the regular strikes. But yes in general the city has improved a lot in recent years, I agree, and everyone loves Lisbon.

I don't feel it in my skin yet, but that's out of sheer luck. I'm only 26yo and never really worked full time; my current situation is about to finish my Master's thesis and I live with my parents and brother ie no expenses and I can use the money I make work part-time to travel the world mostly and other interests. Tbf, although I like living with my family, I also kinda do it out of convenience and most of my friends my age, even those in serious lasting relationships (not my case), live with their parents too because in order to even rent your own place in Lisbon before you've actually got your career seriously going and have some real money saved up you have to give up on the rest of your life basically, forget travelling or even studying, you'll need to work full time to afford it and won't be able to afford much else.

I'm kinda insulated from real life in Lisbon because I'm lucky enough that my parents are well off enough that I only have to earn enough money to follow my hobbies/passions and not to actually ensure my livelihood. That is going to change soon of course, I'll have to "enter the real world" and even with an undergraduate law degree + Master's in translation about to be concluded there's no real guarantee I can find a job in Lisbon that gives me enough money to lead a comfortable life while moving out to my own place (even if shared with a friend or girlfriend), and even if it eventually happens it certainly won't be right away. I'm considering trying to work as a digital nomad for a period after defending my thesis, selling my services online and see if I can sustain a lifestyle where I work and travel simultaneously, it's a gamble I can only afford because of the buffer my parents give me though of course.

Odds are I'll try to move and build a life somewhere else in the near future. But I love living in Lisbon and it'd be pretty hard to live; and honestly there are only 3 cities in the world I've visited that I'd even consider moving to if I moved out of Lisbon: Barcelona, Tokyo and Sydney. Anywhere else I feel I'd be getting a worse life in terms of the stuff I enjoy doing that I do in Lisbon.
I'm only one year older than you (am I even? 92 born) but if I have any advice is definitely: keep living with your parents if it feels right.

I tried moving out first when I was only 22 because I was clashing too much with my mom but only ended up leaving more than 2 years later and it was the best thing that happened to me. I was able to save a ton of money while having a great life, didn't travel as much as I hoped but the savings now allow me to maintain my lifestyle for the most part even on a meh salary and paying a rent - which I can only do so because I share it with my gf and another friend :/

Most of my friends our age are in the same boat as you though, even some who already have good work, they either don't have any companions to split rent or they're choosing to keep their lifestyle while saving for their future.

I dunno you're interests and have never been to Sydney (almost went there to study lol) or Tokyo, but I definitely would advise to visit Berlin if you haven't. It's the one city that I think of I had visited earlier I'd likely have chosen over Lisbon. Barcelona was the only other one in the running but I haven't been in 4 years and I don't think I'd choose it over Lisbon right now.

Shame you missed out on the chance to study in Sydney, it's an awesome city! I love Berlin, visited twice and even stayed there for almost a full month when doing an internship with the European Union back in 2017, it's an amazing city with so much to do. However, not really a place I'd like to live in and the main reason is the climate. I'd put Amsterdam in the same boat of amazing cities I love visiting but wouldn't live in because of the climate. It's not simply a case of it being hard for us Portuguese people to get used to living in cold weather year long, I'd get used to it after a while; it's also not just about going to the beach, though I love living 5 minutes away from the beach of course; the main reason is one of my main hobbies/passions is outdoor fitness, I'm a semi-elite amateur runner, ride my bicycle everywhere (I should mention I don't live in center Lisbon, but in the Cascais line, in Parede, sometimes ride my bike to uni or workplace in center Lisbon when I have time to do it), etc... in Lisbon this is super easy to do year long and at any time of the day really (during the NBA Finals, I was basically doing half marathon training before all 6 games and getting back home just in time for the start of the games after a quick shower). In Berlin, this would simply be impossible to comfortably do for most of the year, which would require a substantial lifestyle change on my part.

Barcelona I'm biased because it's basically a second home to me, go there every year, have a lot of friends there, was my trip without my parents or teachers as a 17yo... I'm also a huge football fan so watching Messi every weekend at the Camp Nou would be awesome of course! Push comes to shove, I'd still choose Lisbon, just saying Barcelona is one of the other cities I'd consider living in.

Yeah I always forget to mention the climate! That's a very important thing, I'm not a super fan of going to the beach (I love the beach I just can't go during the week anymore and hate to do it on weekends because of traffic, people etc) and usually don't mind a little bit of rain, but I keep wondering how I'd adapt living full-time in a country that gets half the sun that we do. Even in such a bleak spring/summer as we've had I haven't worn more than 2 layers of clothing in like 4 months. I literally take my sunglasses with me EVERY SINGLE DAY because no matter how grey and dark the morning might be, I just never know if things won't look better later on the day. In that regard, Barcelona really is the perfect city and basically Lisbon on steroids. The only thing that bothers me is that you get all the good stuff amplified, but also the bad stuff. Plus quality of life is not that much better than here - entry level jobs are better but once you get to middle management things sort of even out a bit.

And yeah I was gonna say before that it's cool that apparently there's so many people here living in Lisbon, I had no idea. I've already said the same thing to doc spaceman, it would very nice to catch some games once the season starts. I'm always looking for company, specially because I tend to spend most of my weekends going dancing and getting hammered mostly because I don't want to stay alone by myself watching the games while all my friends are out, so having someone to grab a drink with and at least catch the ET games is always nice.

Also I think I might get season tickets to watch Sporting basketball this year. There's some kids that used to play with me on the team even and while I don't care about the club that much anymore and only go to the stadium when I get free tickets (usually 2/3 times a year), I'd love to root for our basketball team - I've literally waited for this moment for 15 years lol.

Enjoy Tokyo! I'm looking to go on a long-distance trip next year and right I'm undecided between Tokyo/Japan, NYC and Toronto/Dertoit/Chicago, but I'm probably going to choose Tokyo if I have the time to explore the city and also go on some more trips (I'm looking to go for 3 weeks).
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 18,544
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#4463 » by E-Balla » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Weird mental exercise but what do you all think will be remembered in the history books about the 2010s/late 2000s (since I think the late 2000s bled into the 2010s)?

My friends and I are discussing whether or not historians will key in more on the war on terror and post 9/11 fallout, the rise of social media and it's influence on the world, or the first black president being followed by Trump combined with massive civil unrest. And yeah I know it's easy to say all of those things but really looking at it each era has ONE thing assigned to it. Like the Vietnam War is covered in social studies, but only as a smaller part of learning about the Cold War.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 6,516

Post#4464 » by Colbinii » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:51 pm

E-Balla wrote:Weird mental exercise but what do you all think will be remembered in the history books about the 2010s/late 2000s (since I think the late 2000s bled into the 2010s)?

My friends and I are discussing whether or not historians will key in more on the war on terror and post 9/11 fallout, the rise of social media and it's influence on the world, or the first black president being followed by Trump combined with massive civil unrest. And yeah I know it's easy to say all of those things but really looking at it each era has ONE thing assigned to it. Like the Vietnam War is covered in social studies, but only as a smaller part of learning about the Cold War.

Social Media and Technology and how we weren't prepared for the global impact it would have or how it would completely change the way we interact. It happened so quickly and seamlessly it is still shocking when you step back.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 9,244

Post#4465 » by Dr Spaceman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:04 pm

Colbinii wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Weird mental exercise but what do you all think will be remembered in the history books about the 2010s/late 2000s (since I think the late 2000s bled into the 2010s)?

Social Media and Technology and how we weren't prepared for the global impact it would have or how it would completely change the way we interact. It happened so quickly and seamlessly it is still shocking when you step back.

It is not completely outside the realm of possibility for me that the internet will turn out to be a tool too powerful for humans to have and that we will need to destroy it in the future. We’re not there yet but by the time we do get there the cat will ave been out of the bag for a long long time.
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 6,516

Post#4466 » by Colbinii » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

It is not completely outside the realm of possibility for me that the internet will turn out to be a tool too powerful for humans to have and that we will need to destroy it in the future. We’re not there yet but by the time we do get there the cat will ave been out of the bag for a long long time.

I can definitely see this being the era where "Why did they think advanced AI would be a good thing" is referenced in a post-apocalyptic world.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 10,908

Post#4467 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:18 am

the internet will be the main thing people talk about this current era in the future.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#4468 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:30 am

9/11 and invading Iraq and Afghanistan will be early 2000s, then late 2000s and 2010s will be social media
1. Using a team's play in games their star is injured should send you to SSS jail
2. ORTG/DRTG ranks are connected in back and forth play and energy expenditure
3. RAPM/RPM is proven measuring regular season value, but not postseason
The High Cyde
Starter
And1: 4,138

Post#4469 » by The High Cyde » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:08 am

It is too soon, give it another 10 years or more. It'll be much clearer.

As for the impact...

We probably won't see the real effect of the first 2 decades of the 2000s until about 2040-2050 when the globe is truly ******.
It honestly doesn't project out to be pretty. Maybe that's the pessimist in me.

I try to see the good in the world, but nobody that is good has any power to change things for the better, and if there are (and there are) then there are far too few to help save the planet from ourselves, which is compounded with being exponentially outnumbered with people looking out for themselves (not that helping the planet and having self interests are mutually exclusive).

We're just a selfish species, a plague really. We don't have to be, but we are as a whole *shrug

I don't know, anybody think what the remainder of this century will be like? I haven't thought too much about it, and I think that's because this world is already screwed as I type this. I live relatively close to Joshua Tree National Park, and now studies are showing that the entire ******* park is going to die in the next coming decades...The snowball has already been rolling too long.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 18,544
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#4470 » by E-Balla » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:37 am

The High Cyde wrote:It is too soon, give it another 10 years or more. It'll be much clearer.

As for the impact...

We probably won't see the real effect of the first 2 decades of the 2000s until about 2040-2050 when the globe is truly ******.

I try to see the good in the world, but nobody that is good has any power to change things for the better, and if there are (and there are) then there are far too few to help save the planet from ourselves, which is compounded with being exponentially outnumbered with people looking out for themselves (not that helping the planet and having self interests are mutually exclusive).

We're just a selfish species, a plague really. We don't have to be, but we are as a whole *shrug

I don't know, anybody think what the remainder of this century will be like? I haven't thought too much about it, and I think that's because this world is already screwed as I type this. I live relatively close to Joshua Tree National Park, and now studies are showing that the entire ******* park is going to die in the next coming decades...The snowball has already been rolling too long.

I went to Joshua Tree National Park last year. First time ever on the West Coast and in a desert, I got high as hell before going too. It was probably the most beautiful place I've ever been, unless we include my love for Japanese skyscrapers and neon lights. Definitely the most beautiful place I've been before I went to Japan. That sucks to hear.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
Outside
Analyst

Post#4471 » by Outside » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:31 pm

The High Cyde wrote:It is too soon, give it another 10 years or more. It'll be much clearer.

As for the impact...

What happened at Joshua Tree National Park during the government shutdown was a sad commentary on our species. If we can't even not trash a park that's unsupervised for a couple of weeks, how can we take proper care of the planet?
The High Cyde
Starter

Post#4472 » by The High Cyde » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:11 pm

E-Balla wrote:

As for the impact...

I went to Joshua Tree National Park last year. First time ever on the West Coast and in a desert, I got high as hell before going too. It was probably the most beautiful place I've ever been, unless we include my love for Japanese skyscrapers and neon lights. Definitely the most beautiful place I've been before I went to Japan. That sucks to hear.

I'm glad you got to experience it and take it in, it's a unique place and that's even more amazing at night! The stars are beautiful with the landscape.

Outside wrote:

As for the impact...

What happened at Joshua Tree National Park during the government shutdown was a sad commentary on our species. If we can't even not trash a park that's unsupervised for a couple of weeks, how can we take proper care of the planet?

It's something I've grappled with. Back when I was younger, in high school and college, I was very political, I was very much a proponent to push change, to help make this World a better place. I joined clubs, recyclyed, was conscious of my footprint on the planet, however small. I was for the People, to help the disadvantaged find somewhat of an equal footing.

But I grew up, and saw the World for what it is and how it is, and people are nasty to one another, they lack simple compassion for a fellow human being. Things like religion, money, your skin color, etc all contribute to people acting inconsiderate towards other people...for ******* nothing. All that **** is meaningless. I never take part in religous or political debates any more. They're noise to me. People debate religion and politics till they're blue in the face, and yet I look around and the world stays the same. Keep ******* arguing though, knock yourself out.

What I want at my core is a fantasy, and I know that, but it gives me peace of mind, because I can't change the World at large, how I would like it to be.

And I'm sure people will wonder and ask "Well then what's the point of going on, what's there to look forward to" if I feel like the World is doomed.

It's easy, just have some more compassion and understanding for the people also born on this planet, and do the little things. Tell that old lady her shoes look nice today and help her cross the street or give her your bus seat, help a neighbor out, smile more, laugh more, be more open to change, see how differently people live and just understand everyone's life is different and they have their own challenges. Be nice, be considerate, and you will have lived a most rewarding life. That's all we can control.
Joey Wheeler
Sixth Man
And1: 1,129

Post#4473 » by Joey Wheeler » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Eskobar13 wrote:Yeah I always forget to mention the climate! That's a very important thing, I'm not a super fan of going to the beach (I love the beach I just can't go during the week anymore and hate to do it on weekends because of traffic, people etc) and usually don't mind a little bit of rain, but I keep wondering how I'd adapt living full-time in a country that gets half the sun that we do. Even in such a bleak spring/summer as we've had I haven't worn more than 2 layers of clothing in like 4 months. I literally take my sunglasses with me EVERY SINGLE DAY because no matter how grey and dark the morning might be, I just never know if things won't look better later on the day. In that regard, Barcelona really is the perfect city and basically Lisbon on steroids. The only thing that bothers me is that you get all the good stuff amplified, but also the bad stuff. Plus quality of life is not that much better than here - entry level jobs are better but once you get to middle management things sort of even out a bit.

And yeah I was gonna say before that it's cool that apparently there's so many people here living in Lisbon, I had no idea. I've already said the same thing to doc spaceman, it would very nice to catch some games once the season starts. I'm always looking for company, specially because I tend to spend most of my weekends going dancing and getting hammered mostly because I don't want to stay alone by myself watching the games while all my friends are out, so having someone to grab a drink with and at least catch the ET games is always nice.

Also I think I might get season tickets to watch Sporting basketball this year. There's some kids that used to play with me on the team even and while I don't care about the club that much anymore and only go to the stadium when I get free tickets (usually 2/3 times a year), I'd love to root for our basketball team - I've literally waited for this moment for 15 years lol.

Enjoy Tokyo! I'm looking to go on a long-distance trip next year and right I'm undecided between Tokyo/Japan, NYC and Toronto/Dertoit/Chicago, but I'm probably going to choose Tokyo if I have the time to explore the city and also go on some more trips (I'm looking to go for 3 weeks).

Yup, that's the question for me too, it's one thing to spend a week in Germany, another thing to live there and have to adapt to that climate full-time. I'm sure I'd be able to, but I rather prefer Lisbon's awesome climate, even when it gets 'cold' for our standards it's never the kind of cold that really makes outdoor activities uncomfortable. The beach isn't that massive a factor for me, though I obviously enjoy living 5 minutes away from it walking. And I agree with your assessment of Barcelona pretty much.

Yeah, I'm on a similar boat. Watching the NBA is a lonely activity for me as none of my closest friends or family really follow it with more than a passing interest. Obviously a mix of NBA action happening after midnight in Portugal and no Portuguese players in the NBA makes it hard for it to really become super popular around here. I definitely like the idea of meeting up to watch some games and will defo PM you about it when I'm back to Lisbon.

Hmm I might get them too depending on the price, I actually go to futsal, hockey, etc... matches more than football these days, the hockey Champions League final 4 was awesome! Season tickets for Sporting basketball seems tempting. That said, have to admit I haven't watched Portuguese basketball for over a decade because the level is so low. One of my earliest basketball memories is watching Ovarense in the Euroleague in 2000-01 going 0-10, Sporttv showed all matches and they were just so comically outmatched. I remember they were winning by like 10 at Real Madrid at half time and then in the third quarter RM scored like 30 points in a row. The reason our basketball sucks (aside from football-obsession) is that we're a short people; I'm 180cm and I'm considered tall (and am basically the tallest in my family or group of friends) while I'm a midget for elite basketball standards. I'd love it if a Portuguese player made the NBA at some point, but not really seeing any prospects of that happening.

Thanks. My trip has begun and will end in Tokyo, but I'll actually be all over Japan with a 3-week JR Pass (ticket that allows you to board every bullet train in the country). I'll let you know about it and show you pics, etc... when we meet, maybe it can help your decision. I've been to all those cities you mention aside from Detroit btw and to me Tokyo/Japan would be a clear choice; the thing about North American cities is they're not that different from big European cities anymore from a cultural points of view. Chicago, New York and imo especially Toronto are definitely worth visiting but you're getting a different version of a big European city in each case, Tokyo/Japan is definitely the more interesting trip because it's culturally so different imo.
Outside
Analyst

Post#4474 » by Outside » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:15 pm

The High Cyde wrote:
E-Balla wrote:

As for the impact...

I'm glad you got to experience it and take it in, it's a unique place and that's even more amazing at night! The stars are beautiful with the landscape.

Outside wrote:

As for the impact...

It's something I've grappled with. Back when I was younger, in high school and college, I was very political, I was very much a proponent to push change, to help make this World a better place. I joined clubs, recyclyed, was conscious of my footprint on the planet, however small. I was for the People, to help the disadvantaged find somewhat of an equal footing.

But I grew up, and saw the World for what it is and how it is, and people are nasty to one another, they lack simple compassion for a fellow human being. Things like religion, money, your skin color, etc all contribute to people acting inconsiderate towards other people...for ******* nothing. All that **** is meaningless. I never take part in religous or political debates any more. They're noise to me. People debate religion and politics till they're blue in the face, and yet I look around and the world stays the same. Keep ******* arguing though, knock yourself out.

What I want at my core is a fantasy, and I know that, but it gives me peace of mind, because I can't change the World at large, how I would like it to be.

And I'm sure people will wonder and ask "Well then what's the point of going on, what's there to look forward to" if I feel like the World is doomed.

It's easy, just have some more compassion and understanding for the people also born on this planet, and do the little things. Tell that old lady her shoes look nice today and help her cross the street or give her your bus seat, help a neighbor out, smile more, laugh more, be more open to change, see how differently people live and just understand everyone's life is different and they have their own challenges. Be nice, be considerate, and you will have lived a most rewarding life. That's all we can control.

I believe most people are good, but one person wielding the power of destruction or obstruction can offset dozens of people doing the right thing.

One thing that I think Interstellar got right is that most people think and act selfishly first, if not to take care of themselves then to take care of their family or their own. That would be an essential trait hardwired into us for survival. Thinking beyond that for the good of all is really, really hard.
The High Cyde
Starter

Post#4475 » by The High Cyde » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:39 pm

Outside wrote:
The High Cyde wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I went to Joshua Tree National Park last year. First time ever on the West Coast and in a desert, I got high as hell before going too. It was probably the most beautiful place I've ever been, unless we include my love for Japanese skyscrapers and neon lights. Definitely the most beautiful place I've been before I went to Japan. That sucks to hear.

Outside wrote:

I believe most people are good, but one person wielding the power of destruction or obstruction can offset dozens of people doing the right thing.

One thing that I think Interstellar got right is that most people think and act selfishly first, if not to take care of themselves then to take care of their family or their own. That would be an essential trait hardwired into us for survival. Thinking beyond that for the good of all is really, really hard.

Maybe we weren't supposed to have critical thinking minds not found anywhere else in Nature. Maybe the conscious mind is a mistake and our inevitable end is just Nature working out the kinks. Who knows, sometimes ignorance is bliss :lol:
Never thought about this perspective until Rust starts talking about it in the first season of True Detective haha

EDIT:: Oh damn I didn't even realize that Matthew McConaughey is in both haha, freaking outstanding actor (He plays Rust Cohle in TD). One of my biggest regrets in terms of movies is not seeing Interstellar in IMAX...it'll be back though, give it a decade or more lol That movie is an ACHIEVEMENT!

Check out the first season of True Detective, it's amazing.

EDIT2::

Sorry wasn't done talking about Interstellar haha
But that movie made me dive into movie soundtracks and the genius of Hans Zimmer. My favorite composers are him and Ramin Djwadi (composed the Game of Thrones and Westworld soundtracks, among others).

For everyone's pleasure wear headphones haha!

"It's not possible"

"No. It's necessary."
Outside
Analyst

Post#4476 » by Outside » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:37 pm

The High Cyde wrote:
Outside wrote:
The High Cyde wrote:

Maybe we weren't supposed to have critical thinking minds not found anywhere else in Nature. Maybe the conscious mind is a mistake and our inevitable end is just Nature working out the kinks. Who knows, sometimes ignorance is bliss :lol:
Never thought about this perspective until Rust starts talking about it in the first season of True Detective haha

EDIT:: Oh damn I didn't even realize that Matthew McConaughey is in both haha, freaking outstanding actor (He plays Rust Cohle in TD). One of my biggest regrets in terms of movies is not seeing Interstellar in IMAX...it'll be back though, give it a decade or more lol That movie is an ACHIEVEMENT!

Check out the first season of True Detective, it's amazing.

EDIT2::

Sorry wasn't done talking about Interstellar haha
But that movie made me dive into movie soundtracks and the genius of Hans Zimmer. My favorite composers are him and Ramin Djwadi (composed the Game of Thrones and Westworld soundtracks, among others).

For everyone's pleasure wear headphones haha!

"It's not possible"

"No. It's necessary."

That is a great scene, in multiple ways.

I'm more a visual and story guy, but I am familiar with Djwadi. Didn't know Zimmer by name until you mentioned him, but when you look at what he's done, of course I know him. Another guy I know is Atticus Ross.

I know Nolan is a polarizing figure, but I love Interstellar.

First season of True Detective was really, really good. My take on it is that Pizzolatto had been developing and honing that story for years, and it really showed. Then they said, "Hey, that was awesome, do it again! You've got six months," and season 2 was a rushed and disjointed replica of the first. Plus, from what I've read, Pizzolatto thinks he's god's gift to the planet and is a pain to work with. I've got season 3 on the DVR but haven't watched it yet.
eminence
Head Coach
And1: 3,357

Post#4477 » by eminence » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:37 am

Make sure to get your Equifax money y'all.
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
Dr Spaceman
General Manager

Post#4478 » by Dr Spaceman » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:03 am

Eskobar13 wrote:.

Joey Wheeler wrote:.

Looks like I’ll be moving to Lisbon around Oct 1st. Super excited, I love everything about Portugal. Would be awesome to catch some games with you guys when the season starts. For the last three years all my game watching has been done in a dark room by myself on an iPad :lol:
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 10,908

Post#4479 » by HeartBreakKid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:12 am

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Eskobar13 wrote:.

Joey Wheeler wrote:.

Looks like I’ll be moving to Lisbon around Oct 1st. Super excited, I love everything about Portugal. Would be awesome to catch some games with you guys when the season starts. For the last three years all my game watching has been done in a dark room by myself on an iPad :lol:

What line of work you in Spaceman?
Dr Spaceman
General Manager

Post#4480 » by Dr Spaceman » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:36 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:What line of work you in Spaceman?

I’ve been working as a tour guide for 2.5 years. Backed out of medical school and moved to Europe 3 years ago and have been doing odd jobs since then. I have a European passport so I can kinda just do whatever I want. Don’t know exactly what I’ll do in Portugal yet, probably get a job as a server at a tourist bar for a bit and look into starting my own business. I’d love to start some sort of outdoor adventure company.

Return to Player Comparisons