Chris Paul on the Bulls from 2011-2016 in place of Rose, how far do the Bulls go?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Chris Paul on the Bulls from 2011-2016 in place of Rose, how far do the Bulls go? 

Post#1 » by JordansBulls » Fri Aug 4, 2017 11:13 pm

Say the Bulls had Chris Paul from 2011-2016 in place of Derrick Rose, how far do the Bulls go each year? Do they get to the finals or win any titles?
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Re: Chris Paul on the Bulls from 2011-2016 in place of Rose, how far do the Bulls go? 

Post#2 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Aug 5, 2017 1:41 am

I don't think they win any titles. Even in 2011, the main problem with that team was the fact that they were so devoid of a second option on offense, with Boozer/Deng just not cutting it. Though clearly a better playmaker and creator for others, ultimately they'd still sorely lack a punch offensively, perhaps even more so than with Rose that year.

In 2012, obviously they get past Philly, and probably that aging Boston squad as well, but I'd see them falling to Miami, likely in 5 or 6. Same for 2013 & 2014, however well they do in the RS, and whomever they face in the PS, they fall to Miami. They just didn't have a championship level roster around Rose(though they did have a good defensive team).

Their best shot to win it, in my eyes, or go the furthest would be in 2015. Butler had emerged as an all star level player who plays both ends, good spacing to work with, and Pau Gasol who went for about 19/12/3/2 on 55%TS. Love was out for that series against Chicago in 2015, and Irving wasn't himself, and I remember thinking at the time that the Bulls are going to take the series -- but apparently there were chemistry issues between Butler and Rose at the time that seemed to contribute to them faltering late in that series(where they held a 2-1 lead). If that stays the same, then I can see them beating Cleveland with Paul, beating Atlanta, but probably losing to Golden State in 6 or 7.

If that piece of history changes, then I think in 2016 they're ultimately in a completely different position. Either way, clearly a playoff team, maybe ECF. I think they'd be better than Toronto.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,491

Re: Chris Paul on the Bulls from 2011-2016 in place of Rose, how far do the Bulls go? 

Post#3 » by dhsilv2 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 3:09 pm

Can he turn one of those guys into a David West type to give him some offensive cover? Or would he have a coach who could pull a Terrel Brandon style Cavs slow down?

Return to Player Comparisons