And1: 3,097

Re: 67 Wilt or 2013 LeBron? 

Post#41 » by SkyHookFTW » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:30 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
fileman3 wrote:Both players were uber efficient
I dont know which player peaked higher though

Is this regarded as Wilts peak?

Which player would you rather have?

Wilts peak is something like 1963 or 1964.

I only saw one game film of young Wilt but he was much much faster than 1967 Wilt.

Wilt's peak to me is 67, when he flashed the total package. He wasn't really that much slower. Not that speed matters anyway with his peak. In 67, he could score and give stone cold elite defense and rim protection with GOAT rebounding. That screams GOAT. If I had to pick another GOAT year it would be 1964.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Re: 67 Wilt or 2013 LeBron? 

Post#42 » by SkyHookFTW » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:36 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:
SkyHookFTW wrote:I consider 67 Wilt to be the GOAT peak. And feel lucky to have seen four games of those games in person that year. And now I feel old.

How old are you? :wink:

Was peak Wilt more dominant than peak Shaq?

I'm over 60, hehe, leave it at that.

I have peak Shaq and peak MJ literally at 1A and 1B behind peak Wilt, it's very close. As far as dominance, Shaq is basically Wilt fast-forwarded. Wilt was the better rebounder and shot blocker, Shaq a wee bit better in inside scoring with his big powerful legs. Wilt had the upper body, Shaq the lower body. In reality, Wilt and Shaq are about the rarest of rare players types. IMO they are the only two centers in history who could be effective playing an entire game with their back to the basket.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley

Return to Player Comparisons