Team C
5%

Total votes: 21

Jiminy Glick
Assistant Coach
And1: 726

Team A, B, or C? 

Post#1 » by Jiminy Glick » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:13 pm

In the spirit of the 3 on 3 tournament (half court), which team is the best?

Team A:

Jordan
Pippen
Wilt

Team B:

Lebron
Leonard
Robinson

Team C:

Antetokounmpo
Garnett
Kareem
lilroddyb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,286

Re: Team A, B, or C? 

Post#2 » by lilroddyb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Team b for me
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant
And1: 724

Post#3 » by BdeRegt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Shooting and athleticism are more valued in 3 on 3 so I went with team B. I feel like a team of Bird, Durant, and Hakeem could beat any of those teams without using any of same players. I think Bird, LeBron, and Durant might be best 3 vs 3 team that could be put together using any players. They all have the size to switch things and besides LeBron are lights out shooters.
Jiminy Glick
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by Jiminy Glick » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:16 pm

I like Team C. I think Antetokounmpo can defend Jordan and Lebron in the half court and then I think Garnett and Kareem dominate down low. Garnett can guard Pippen and Leonard in the half court. I don't see how Jordan defends Antetokounmpo down low either. Also I doubt Pippen and Leonard can guard Garnett,
Pg81
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,661

Post#5 » by Pg81 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 am

Jordan and Wilt? That would be a godlike 1-2 punch not to mention insane defense together with Pippen.
If you're asking me who the Mavs best player is, I'd say Luka. A guy like Delon Wright probably rivals his impact though at this stage in his career. KP may as well if he gets his **** together.
GeorgeMarcus, 17/11/2019
rebirthoftheM
Sixth Man
And1: 1,847

Post#6 » by rebirthoftheM » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:57 pm

I can't see Michael and Wilt losing in a 3 on 3 competition. Jordan is the greatest half-court player of all time. And then you got Wilt that would dominate the other two centers and prove excellent rim protection. Pippen's defense, finishing ability around the rim, and the fact that he wouldn't need the ball to be highly effective, would be perfect next to MJ/Wilt.
Jiminy Glick
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by Jiminy Glick » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:10 pm

rebirthoftheM wrote:I can't see Michael and Wilt losing in a 3 on 3 competition. Jordan is the greatest half-court player of all time. And then you got Wilt that would dominate the other two centers and prove excellent rim protection. Pippen's defense, finishing ability around the rim, and the fact that he wouldn't need the ball to be highly effective, would be perfect next to MJ/Wilt.

Ya but can Wilt handle both Garnett and Kareem down low? Garnett has a lot of height on Pippen so he can pretty much do whatever he wants in the post against him. Same thing with Jordan on Antetokounmpo. Also when it comes to jump shots though Antetokounmpo is not that good at them but still Jordan is not going to contest them. Pippen is not going to contest Garnett's jump shots either. Also I think they will have an advantage when it comes to getting rebounds. So Team A might get outplayed in the post against Team C.
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,096

Post#8 » by SkyHookFTW » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:32 am

Jiminy Glick wrote:
rebirthoftheM wrote:I can't see Michael and Wilt losing in a 3 on 3 competition. Jordan is the greatest half-court player of all time. And then you got Wilt that would dominate the other two centers and prove excellent rim protection. Pippen's defense, finishing ability around the rim, and the fact that he wouldn't need the ball to be highly effective, would be perfect next to MJ/Wilt.

Ya but can Wilt handle both Garnett and Kareem down low? Garnett has a lot of height on Pippen so he can pretty much do whatever he wants in the post against him. Same thing with Jordan on Antetokounmpo. Also when it comes to jump shots though Antetokounmpo is not that good at them but still Jordan is not going to contest them. Pippen is not going to contest Garnett's jump shots either. Also I think they will have an advantage when it comes to getting rebounds. So Team A might get outplayed in the post against Team C.

Jordan can defend anyone. Freak doesn't have the god-like handles of Iverson or anywhere near his quickness, so he's not beating him off the dribble. Jordan's competitiveness will keep him in it. You can't double Wilt with Kareem and Garnett and leave Scottie open. You can't leave Wilt alone with either one. You can takes turns trying to beat on him but that never bothered him; besides, getting physical makes you tired quicker, and Wilt's strength and endurance gives him the clear physical edge. Old Wilt held his own against young Kareem--a younger Wilt can only be better. Scottie gives up a lot of size to Garnett but he didn't make 1st team all-NBA defense 10 times because he couldn't adjust. Considering the less-than-stellar centers he played with in Chicago, Pippen pulled more than his weight on defense.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
Jiminy Glick
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by Jiminy Glick » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 am

SkyHookFTW wrote:
Jiminy Glick wrote:

Jordan can defend anyone. Freak doesn't have the god-like handles of Iverson or anywhere near his quickness, so he's not beating him off the dribble. Jordan's competitiveness will keep him in it. You can't double Wilt with Kareem and Garnett and leave Scottie open. You can't leave Wilt alone with either one. You can takes turns trying to beat on him but that never bothered him; besides, getting physical makes you tired quicker, and Wilt's strength and endurance gives him the clear physical edge. Old Wilt held his own against young Kareem--a younger Wilt can only be better. Scottie gives up a lot of size to Garnett but he didn't make 1st team all-NBA defense 10 times because he couldn't adjust. Considering the less-than-stellar centers he played with in Chicago, Pippen pulled more than his weight on defense.

I agree Jordan can defend him, unless he gets underneath the basket. I'm just saying Team C is going to be right there competing. They have a lot in their favor with their size and athleticism.
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,096

Post#10 » by SkyHookFTW » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:02 am

Jiminy Glick wrote:
SkyHookFTW wrote:
Jiminy Glick wrote:

I agree Jordan can defend him, unless he gets underneath the basket. I'm just saying Team C is going to be right there competing. They have a lot in their favor with their size and athleticism.

They will need that size and athleticism because Team A has the greatest pure athlete in the history of the NBA. And that guy has some size.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
Jiminy Glick
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by Jiminy Glick » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:28 pm

SkyHookFTW wrote:
Jiminy Glick wrote:
SkyHookFTW wrote:Jordan can defend anyone. Freak doesn't have the god-like handles of Iverson or anywhere near his quickness, so he's not beating him off the dribble. Jordan's competitiveness will keep him in it. You can't double Wilt with Kareem and Garnett and leave Scottie open. You can't leave Wilt alone with either one. You can takes turns trying to beat on him but that never bothered him; besides, getting physical makes you tired quicker, and Wilt's strength and endurance gives him the clear physical edge. Old Wilt held his own against young Kareem--a younger Wilt can only be better. Scottie gives up a lot of size to Garnett but he didn't make 1st team all-NBA defense 10 times because he couldn't adjust. Considering the less-than-stellar centers he played with in Chicago, Pippen pulled more than his weight on defense.

They will need that size and athleticism because Team A has the greatest pure athlete in the history of the NBA. And that guy has some size.

I thought about switching Wilt and Kareem.

Return to Player Comparisons