Total votes: 31

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,191

Finals NBA ReDraft: Bucks in 6 v ElPeregrino 

Post#1 » by humanrefutation » Fri Oct 6, 2017 10:18 pm

The 2017 NBA Bucks Board ReDraft:

Which team would be better in 2017-18 season?
Note: Contracts don't matter. This is a one-season sample size. The number next to the player's name reflects the pick they were selected with.
Voting ends on Sunday, 48 hours from the posting of this thread.

Information about the draft itself can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1619957

Bucks in 6

PG: Isaiah Thomas (59) / Matthew Dellavedova (182)/ Dwayne Wade
SG: J.J. Redick (89) / Dwyane Wade (119)
SF: Iman Shumpert (229) / J.J. Redick
PF: LeBron James (2) / Kenneth Faried (149)
C: Nene Hilario (170)/ Kenneth Faried

Versus

ElPeregrino

PG: Elfrid Payton (139) / Malik Monk (201) / Lou Williams
SG: Lou Williams (118) / Manu Ginobili (158) / Malik Monk
SF: Kevin Durant (3) / Manu Ginobili
PF: Al Horford (58) / Kevin Durant / John Collins (232)
C: Pau Gasol (88) / Al Horford / John Collins
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,264

Re: Finals NBA ReDraft: Bucks in 6 v ElPeregrino 

Post#2 » by FlagsFlyForever » Fri Oct 6, 2017 10:28 pm

When Isaiah returns, there are legitimate concerns that he won't be 100%. If Isaiah Thomas doesn't come back at 100%, then I undoubtedly win this easily. But let's assume IT does return at 100%. He isn't expected back until January. Bucks in 6 is not only without his second best player for half of our games, but that means he has to play with a 7-man rotation while IT is out.

He has LeBron. LeBron is the best player in the game but he needs rest. LeBron rested 8 games last season and he's only getting older. He won't be getting any rest when he's asked to carry a 7-man rotation whose next best players are J.J. Redick and Dwyane Wade. Wade is 36 and averages 61 games played over the past six seasons. His starting center, Nene, is 35 and hasn't played more than 67 games since 2011. Kenneth Faried also averages 67 games played over the past three seasons. These are the players who Bucks in 6 is relying on in his 7-man rotation. When the inevitable injuries occur to his injury-prone team, he will be playing 6 or maybe 5 active players. This series is going to be over by the time IT ever returns.

Durant is going to play most of his minutes at SF. I will defend LeBron primarily with Horford/Ginobili and rarely Durant and John Collins. While IT is out, Wade is the only other player that can create his own shot and he's highly inefficient at that (0.458 eFG% the past two seasons). If LeBron gets past my primary defender, I have Pau Gasol patrolling the pain who is an excellent help defender/shot blocker. LeBron is a legend, but my entire defense will be focused on slowing him down and making somebody else beat me. Everything LeBron shoots will be contested.

Even if he is 100%, Isaiah Thomas is nearly unanimously considered to be the worst defensive player in the league. This is a dream matchup for Elfrid Payton. Payton, a big and strong point guard who excels inside, will bully IT and score at will. Redick is also a defensive liability who will be primarily matched up against one of the best scoring guards in the league (Lou Williams averaged 25.7 points per 36 minutes last season with a 0.593 TS%).

2016-17 FG% on drives (min. 150 drive attempts):

1) Kevin Durant (63.9%)
2) LeBron James (62.4%)
3) Seth Curry (58.2%)
4) Steph Curry (57.4%)
5) Al Horford (57.1%)

Kevin Durant was the best driver in the NBA last season and Al Horford ranked 5th. With Horford and Durant, I have two of the top penetrators and finishers in the league. Lou Williams (52.0%) and Elfrid Payton (51.3%) also both ranked as two of the top penetrating guards in the league. Both Horford (37% from beyond the arc last season) and Gasol (led the entire NBA in three point percentage) will draw Nene and Kenneth Faried out to the perimeter so there will be no help defense. My team will be able to drive all day. Durant is going to see a lot of one-on-one with Shumpert and Redick. That is an insurmountable mismatch.

If I find that LeBron is completely dominating, I always have the option to slide Durant down to the 4 and play Manu at the 3 while LeBron is on the floor. On the other hand, if Durant is dominating, Bucks in 6 can't play LeBron at the 3 to stop the bleeding because that would only leave Nene and Faried to cover all 96 minutes at PF & C which is impossible. LeBron is locked into power forward for his team because Bucks in 6 didn't draft a team with flexibility.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#3 » by Nowak008 » Fri Oct 6, 2017 11:45 pm

It's absurd a team with 2 rookies on it are in the finals.

Also that Lebron team is poop. We shouldn't have done this on the player comparison board.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,264

Post#4 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Oct 7, 2017 4:44 am

Nowak008 wrote:It's absurd a team with 2 rookies on it are in the finals.

Also that Lebron team is poop. We shouldn't have done this on the player comparison board.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

There were 17 rookies taken in this draft and I drafted two of the final four. Both rookies makes sense for my team because they come with NBA-ready skills and they fill roles that I needed. With Elfrid Payton as my starting point guard, I needed a backup point guard who can shoot. Of all the point guards available, Monk fit that need the best. I don't expect Monk to be able to run an NBA offense as a rookie which is why I won't ask him to do that for my team. I have an incredibly intelligent team which ranked as by far the best passing team in the entire draft. I ranked higher in assists per 36 minutes than the #2 team by a wider margin than the #2 team ranked higher than the #13 team. My entire team averaged 5.4 assists per 36 minutes last season. When Payton is on the bench, I have Lou Williams, Ginobili, Durant, and Horford who can all initiate the offense. I don't need Monk to play a major role on my team. I need him to defend Delly and knock down open threes. He should have no problem doing that. The fact that he has upside is a bonus.

John Collins was one of the final picks in the entire draft so when it was my turn to draft, the options to choose from were very limited. I wanted somebody at the 4 who could rebound. At Wake Forest last season, Collins averaged 13.3 rebounds per 36 minutes. In the summer league, Collins averaged 14.4 rebounds per 36 minutes. In the preseason, Collins is averaging 16.0 rebounds per 36 minutes through three games. Who else was available at pick #232 that would better fit my team? Collins also brings an advanced inside scoring game for a rookie and he can play the 5. I believe Collins will impress and earn the starting spot in Atlanta before the season is over.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,585

Post#5 » by dhsilv2 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 4:52 am

Bucks has horrible chemistry issues. I haven't been part of any of these votes, but that team shouldn't be here. Lebron will not be in PF shape next year, he'll be lean and light. IT possibly won't even play and if he does he might be done anyway. And he might be great...I'd bet against great.

Meanwhile EP's team has a solid core of bigs who as long as they can play are useful. And the guards should be playing.

BTW that gif of KD is awful! please anything else!
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#6 » by Aaron It Out » Sat Oct 7, 2017 7:52 pm

Wow surprised Bucks in 6 made it this far. This is supposed to be for the upcoming season, so no IT until January or so? Dwyane Wade needs a lot of rest so there goes two of your better players. Shumpert is pure trash. Just awful. Nene is 35 this year and played less than 20 minutes a game.. I don't get it at all. I don't love Peregrino's back court but hard to argue against Duant, Horford, Pau so I would pick him for that reason, even if he didn't already win by default like he does in this case.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by humanrefutation » Sat Oct 7, 2017 8:58 pm

Close vote thus far.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#8 » by Nowak008 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 10:18 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:There were 17 rookies taken in this draft and I drafted two of the final four.

Rookies are just such a net negative. Last year's class had one league average player and he was 24 years old. I get this year's class is better, but this was a freshman heavy class. Without looking, I'd guess more than half of those rookies are also 19 years old. If we had gone to 10 or 12 rounds i'd get it. 2 rookies in a 8 man rotation is a disaster. There are still plenty of quality undrafted options that would have been better. Maybe your 2 guys have breakout seasons, but in a preseason vote, you should be docked.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by humanrefutation » Sun Oct 8, 2017 6:53 pm

I'm bumping this, as the vote ends in a few hours at 5:18CST
Bucks in 6
Junior
And1: 128

Post#10 » by Bucks in 6 » Sun Oct 8, 2017 8:52 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I'm bumping this, as the vote ends in a few hours at 5:18CST

What’s the voting at so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by humanrefutation » Sun Oct 8, 2017 8:54 pm

Bucks in 6 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I'm bumping this, as the vote ends in a few hours at 5:18CST

What’s the voting at so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19-12 ElPeregrino. You can see the vote in your browser.

Return to Player Comparisons