Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram
21%
Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown
79%

Total votes: 178

Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,443

Re: Kuzma and Ingram or Tatum and J. Brown? 

Post#41 » by Jables » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:31 pm

I guess I would just want Ingram the most. W/L records are totally irrelevant, Tatum and Brown are cogs in a far more well oiled machine, all of these guys look good but Ingram has the most potential.
Lawyershawn
Senior
And1: 1,316

Post#42 » by Lawyershawn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Knowing the fair and objective RealGM population, I am certain the results of this poll will be a fair assessment of reality.
Lower Cases & Capitals
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#43 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Chris76 wrote:
When Fultz returns, he and Simmons should have the same impacts that those combos provide.

They should be better given their talent.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,267

Post#44 » by Frank Dux » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Tatum has been unreal this year. He’s as NBA ready as they come, and probably the most polished teenager since Bryant. Tatum easily has the highest floor of the 4.

But I gotta go with my Lakers. Ingram has unlimited potential, and is already showing signs that he can be an alpha in this league.
markjay
Starter
And1: 1,611

Post#45 » by markjay » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:48 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:This is really tough. Ingram's ceiling is the highest out of all players, while Kuzma's ceiling is probably the lowest of all players.

Tatum/Brown you know what you're going to get. Two long wings who can defend, shoot 3s.

If I'm building a team from scratch, I think I roll the dice with Kuzma/Ingram and bank on Ingram being a >20 PPG scorer with good defense like he was projected to become. If I already have my primary scorer and looking to put good pieces around him, I'd go with Tatum/Brown

Really don't see how Ingram has the highest ceiling of the 4. Tatum is playing the best ball right now between the 4, and he is also the youngest.

True, but Ingram is only 6 months older than Tatum and is still physically developing. Ingram has improved tremendously from last year, and most people expect him to continue improving as his weight and strength begin to catch up with his length and reach.
Lawyershawn
Senior
And1: 1,316

Post#46 » by Lawyershawn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Ingram has the physical tools to be generational. None of the rest can match Ingram's elite wingspan.

It's up to Ingram to put in the work now.
Lower Cases & Capitals
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#47 » by Bakuto » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Bakuto wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Lebron

Insecure Cleveland fans making the thread about LeBron like usual. :lol:

insecure? ok, I guess I would rather Stanley bust Johnson and be secure :lol:

What does Stanley Johnson have to do with this thread? And where did I say I was secure that he was on the team that I cheer for? :lol:

Your initial post provided no substance to the topic at hand and now you're continuing adding players who have nothing to do with the comparison to the thread in a pathetic attempt to either troll; or you're so insecure that people aren't talking about LeBron in the thread that you have to find some way to bring him up.

Either scenario is pretty pathetic.
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

:noway:
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#48 » by Michael Lucky » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:14 pm

markjay wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:This is really tough. Ingram's ceiling is the highest out of all players, while Kuzma's ceiling is probably the lowest of all players.

Tatum/Brown you know what you're going to get. Two long wings who can defend, shoot 3s.

If I'm building a team from scratch, I think I roll the dice with Kuzma/Ingram and bank on Ingram being a >20 PPG scorer with good defense like he was projected to become. If I already have my primary scorer and looking to put good pieces around him, I'd go with Tatum/Brown

Really don't see how Ingram has the highest ceiling of the 4. Tatum is playing the best ball right now between the 4, and he is also the youngest.

True, but Ingram is only 6 months older than Tatum and is still physically developing. Ingram has improved tremendously from last year, and most people expect him to continue improving as his weight and strength begin to catch up with his length and reach.

Closer to 20 than 21 until March. Last 11 games he's averaging 19.2/6.5/3.8. He's been far more consistent with his offensive production.
ChiTownHero1992
Starter
And1: 1,470

Post#49 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Short term Celtics, long term I think the two lakers players could be better honestly...but unsure...Tatum and Brown look really good and could be great for long term and lakers player may not ever reach full potential so i'm not sure.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#50 » by RCM88x » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Tatum and Brown for now. I think it's easier to build around two 3nD guys than two guys who aren't great 3pt shooters or defenders. Though a lot of that could be due to coaching.

I don't consider Kuzma to be much of a long term prospect. Ingram has been better this year but still has a long way to go.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,211

Post#51 » by levon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Yeah, this would be much more interesting if Kuzma and Ingram were on the Celtics and vice versa. I'm really low on Brown but high on Tatum. Kuzma is bad defensively so far and Ingram's got a lot of holes.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Post#52 » by Homerclease » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Why does Ingram have a higher ceiling than Tatum again?

Tatum and Brown and it really isn’t close
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,436

Post#53 » by PierceFan4ever » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Yeah I'm not sure where this Ingram having a higher ceiling than Tatum is coming from considering Tatum is better than him right now as a rookie and being younger. Unless you really think Ingram is somehow going to turn into Durant then I don't see how his ceiling is higher. Ingram is still a poor free throw and 3 point shooter but his slashing game has improved; better job at getting to the line. Tatum is already an elite shooter and he still has a lot of room to grow physically and skill wise.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,324

Post#54 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Shirley, you can't be serious...
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,378

Post#55 » by HoopsterJones » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Tatum and Brown at this juncture. Both are 2 way players.

This is not to say Kuzma and Ingram will not be good players.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Post#56 » by Drax » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Lawyershawn wrote:Ingram has the physical tools to be generational. None of the rest can match Ingram's elite wingspan.

It's up to Ingram to put in the work now.
Frank Dux wrote:But I gotta go with my Lakers. Ingram has unlimited potential, and is already showing signs that he can be an alpha in this league.

Hmmm. I guess i haven't watch Ingram enough to see it.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
levon
RealGM

Post#57 » by levon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:40 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:Yeah I'm not sure where this Ingram having a higher ceiling than Tatum is coming from considering Tatum is better than him right now as a rookie and being younger. Unless you really think Ingram is somehow going to turn into Durant then I don't see how his ceiling is higher. Ingram is still a poor free throw and 3 point shooter but his slashing game has improved; better job at getting to the line. Tatum is already an elite shooter and he still has a lot of room to grow physically and skill wise.

People are seeing Giannis with Ingram, not Durant. I personally think he's gonna follow more of a Paul George growth trajectory, but like a way hungrier and physically advantaged Paul George. He's already ahead of the curve in that respect. Tatum has been unbelievable. I do think that if their teams were switched though, Tatum would be far less amazing.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,436

Post#58 » by PierceFan4ever » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:45 pm

levon wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:Yeah I'm not sure where this Ingram having a higher ceiling than Tatum is coming from considering Tatum is better than him right now as a rookie and being younger. Unless you really think Ingram is somehow going to turn into Durant then I don't see how his ceiling is higher. Ingram is still a poor free throw and 3 point shooter but his slashing game has improved; better job at getting to the line. Tatum is already an elite shooter and he still has a lot of room to grow physically and skill wise.

People are seeing Giannis with Ingram, not Durant. I personally think he's gonna follow more of a Paul George growth trajectory, but like a way hungrier and physically advantaged Paul George. He's already ahead of the curve in that respect. Tatum has been unbelievable. I do think that if their teams were switched though, Tatum would be far less amazing.

Tatum is being held back by the Celtics. Give him 13 attempts instead of the 9 he's getting right now in Boston and he would be averaging close to 20. His efficiency obviously wouldn't be this high which are in record numbers currently but he's a better pure scorer than Ingram right now and defensively.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#59 » by Stillwater » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Bakuto wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Bakuto wrote:
Insecure Cleveland fans making the thread about LeBron like usual. :lol:

insecure? ok, I guess I would rather Stanley bust Johnson and be secure :lol:

What does Stanley Johnson have to do with this thread? And where did I say I was secure that he was on the team that I cheer for? :lol:

Your initial post provided no substance to the topic at hand and now you're continuing adding players who have nothing to do with the comparison to the thread in a pathetic attempt to either troll; or you're so insecure that people aren't talking about LeBron in the thread that you have to find some way to bring him up.

Either scenario is pretty pathetic.

your opinion about anyone's insecurities was the troll job. I was making a joke and you took that like an insecure person would by your response calling one little jab an insecure Cavs fan response. That's on you.
You actually responding to my initial jab about rather having Lebron is the only pathetic part of any of this.
But just for **** and giggles lets go on with it ;Stanley Johnson is a member of the Pistons is he not? you don't have any of the players mentioned in this thread same as I don't.
But I guess you can put down how you would rather have Stanley Johnson than Kuzma ,Ingram,Brown, or Tatum and unlike me who has no need to explain myself putting down The Goat anyone with half a brain would rather have over those players, you would have plenty to explain.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
levon
RealGM

Post#60 » by levon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:52 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:
levon wrote:

Tatum is being held back by the Celtics. Give him 13 attempts instead of the 9 he's getting right now in Boston and he would be averaging close to 20. His efficiency obviously wouldn't be this high which are in record numbers currently but he's a better pure scorer than Ingram right now and defensively.

There was already a discussion a few weeks ago about how Tatum's efficiency is tied to the amount of shots he's getting, and how Stevens teased out the optimum % to attempts ratio for him. I agree he'd average more PPG, that's kind of trivial. I'm just saying watch how Ingram is tasked with scoring, it's in the more "conventional" ISO setting. They don't run a lot of off-ball actions for him, and he's getting some tunnel vision.

Tatum in that role would look much closer statistically to Ingram imo with slightly higher efficiency, but not like historic efficiency for a rookie like he has now. On the other hand, BI isn't the shooter Tatum is yet, but he'd look way more efficient in Stevens' organized system.

Return to Player Comparisons