SGA vs Sexton vs Young. Which PG do you expect to be the best long term?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Which of these PG's would you take to be your future PG?

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
48%
Trae Young
34%
Collin Sexton
19%

Total votes: 167

RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,968

Re: SGA vs Sexton vs Young. Which PG do you expect to be the best long term? 

Post#81 » by RCM88x » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:38 pm

NGL Sexton has a really chance to become a 30/4/4 guy in this league. Not sure how much willing will come with it, but scoring wise and the way the league is trending, he has a real chance to become an elite scoring PG for a long time.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#82 » by clyde21 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:26 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Is Sexton playing better? Saw he had like 21 other day?

Last 10 games:

SGA: 11ppg / 3.5rpg / 3apg on 46/47/81

Sexton: 18ppg / 4rpg / 3apg on 43/40/86
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#83 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:29 pm

clyde21 wrote:

Last 10 games:

I still like SGA's skillset long term personally, but yea Sexton has been balling. Also in all fairness this sample is misleading. Sexton started bad and is getting it together, where as SGA started off better and is hitting somewhat of a rookie wall the last 3 or 4 weeks, although the last game was one of his better ones this season. So this 10 game thing basically ends up being Sexton's best stretch vs SGA's worst. Also out of curiosity what minutes for each in that span? I ask because Sexton seems to be getting way more minutes than SGA recently, although I may be wrong.

Regardless Sexton is turning around his shaky start and joining the top rookies from this class, which is already going to be one of the best all time. I love Sexton's motor and willingness to attack. My biggest gripe with SGA is he has that CP3 motor issue. Like CP3 he has such inconsistency between games he looks to score, vs games he is super passive. The team NEEDS SGA to be in attack mode 24/7.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#84 » by clyde21 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:33 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Last 10 games:

I still like SGA's skillset long term personally, but yea Sexton has been balling. Also in all fairness this sample is misleading. Sexton started bad and is getting it together, where as SGA started off better and is hitting somewhat of a rookie wall the last 3 or 4 weeks, although the last game was one of his better ones this season. So this 10 game thing basically ends up being Sexton's best stretch vs SGA's worst. Also out of curiosity what minutes for each in that span? I ask because Sexton seems to be getting way more minutes than SGA recently, although I may be wrong.

Regardless Sexton is turning around his shaky start and joining the top rookies from this class, which is already going to be one of the best all time. I love Sexton's motor and willingness to attack. My biggest gripe with SGA is he has that CP3 motor issue. Like CP3 he has such inconsistency between games he looks to score, vs games he is super passive. The team NEEDS SGA to be in attack mode 24/7.

I probably prefer SGA at this point too as I think he can contribute more off-ball than Sexton but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#85 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:38 pm

clyde21 wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Last 10 games:

I probably prefer SGA at this point too as I think he can contribute more off-ball than Sexton but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Yea, I think it depends on the team which PG you take. Sexton will probably always be the better scorer, in terms of guy most likely to put up bigger numbers etc. I love SGA's defensive potential and court vision (although right now he gets too many reckless turnovers). I also admitted many times I have huge bias towards big, defensive minded PG's. Gary Payton, Kidd etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Damo25
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#86 » by Damo25 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:18 am

Sexton has real nice mid-range game but you would think Shai might be the most impactful on a winning team

Return to Player Comparisons