52%

Total votes: 33

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Re: Jrue Holiday vs. Klay Thompson 

Post#21 » by clyde21 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:37 pm

pandrade83 wrote:
udfa wrote:For most teams I'd take Holiday, but for any of the teams left in the playoffs I'd take Klay. Holiday is a really good player and unlike Klay he can run the offense. But Klay is one of the best shooters of all-time. None of the teams in the playoffs really need another ball handling guard (though they're always nice to have), but all of them want a guy like Klay who can get white hot and blow the enemy away.

Milwaukee could use Jrue more than they could use Klay, imho. If Klay isn't hitting, he's no more useful than any one of their other players. And while he can get white hot, he can also be ice cold.

Milly already kind of has a Klay in Middleton, I agree I'd take Jrue for them right now
pandrade83
Starter
And1: 604

Post#22 » by pandrade83 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
pandrade83 wrote:
udfa wrote:For most teams I'd take Holiday, but for any of the teams left in the playoffs I'd take Klay. Holiday is a really good player and unlike Klay he can run the offense. But Klay is one of the best shooters of all-time. None of the teams in the playoffs really need another ball handling guard (though they're always nice to have), but all of them want a guy like Klay who can get white hot and blow the enemy away.

Milwaukee could use Jrue more than they could use Klay, imho. If Klay isn't hitting, he's no more useful than any one of their other players. And while he can get white hot, he can also be ice cold.

Klay would definitely compliment Giannis better than Holiday would. The spacing he would provide would be more useful than they ball-handling and playmaking of Holiday. Also, over the course of 118 playoff games, Klay is a 41% 3 point shooter(19PPG/55%TS). I don’t disagree that he’s had some disappearing acts here and there over the years, but I’d argue that he’s had more high-level performances than games like those(or at the very least, those high-level ones outweigh the poor ones).

Shooting woes are fundamentally a big part of the reason Milwaukee is trailing now. They have shooters so I'm suspicious that another one is going to save them.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,536

Post#23 » by Rapcity_11 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Klay's last 54 playoff games: 18 PPG on 54% TS.

He's the new Tony Parker. Gets a ton of credit when he plays well, but no blame for his fairly common poor play.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 458

Post#24 » by Swift21 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:43 pm

Klay. It's actually surprising to me it took 10 seasons for Jrue to finally average 20 on good efficiency. It only took Klay 4 seasons.

Return to Player Comparisons